Fire crews called to Rownhams Mobile Home Park

Firefighters called to caravan park after gas alert

Firefighters called to caravan park after gas alert

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS were called out to a blaze at a Hampshire caravan park.

They were called after a faulty gas connected at the back of a gas heater in a static caravan caught fire.

The occupant of the static caravan, at Rownhams Mobile Home Park in Upper Toothill Lane, fled the caravan after gas started leaking from the heater.

Firefighters from Redbridge arrived at about 9pm last night and isolated the gas and electricity, before putting the small fire out.

Only minor damage was caused to the caravan, but the occupant will not be allowed to return for a few days until it has been declared safe by a gas engineer.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree