A MAINTENANCE worker at a Hampshire swimming pool had to be treated by paramedics last night after inhaling toxic chlorine.

The victim suffered a slight reaction when he and colleagues were preparing chlorine to put into the water at Romsey Rapids.

He was able to get out of the building and was treated by paramedics but did not need to go to hospital.

Firefighters from Southampton's Redbridge station also attended the incident, using their air monitoring equipment to ensure it was safe to enter the building.

They were at the scene for about 90 minutes.