When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
30 firefighters called to spillage of acidic disinfectant at North Hampshire Hospital
TWO men are being treated today for burns after a spill of acidic disinfectant at a Hampshire hospital.
A fire crews from Winchester were among 30 fighters who were called to deal with a spill of the substance that contained the highly corrosive peracetic acid.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service say the spill at the North Hampshire Hospital in Aldermaston Road in Basingstoke was contained, contaminated material made safe and one hose reel was used for decontamination purposes.
The fire service was called at about 9pm last night with the situation being dealt with by 10.50pm.