Motorcyclist dies in Hampshire road crash

Daily Echo: Motorcylcist dies in Hampshire road crash Motorcylcist dies in Hampshire road crash

A motorcyclist has been killed in a road crash in Hampshire.

Police are appealing for witnesses following the incident, which happened in Aldershot last night.

It happened at around 8.20pm when a Yamaha motorcycle, which was travelling from the Wellington roundabout on Wellington Avenue, towards the Willems roundabout, crashed.

The driver of the motorcycle was pronounced dead at the scene. Police will not be naming the driver until all formal identification procedures are completed.

The accident comes as road chiefs in Hampshire launch a motorcycle safety campaign following the death seven bikers in 19 days this time last year.

Officers investigating the cause of the latest crash would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Roads Policing Team at Whitchurch Police Station on 101.

Comments (13)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:01pm Mon 14 Jul 14

vag says...

Yet another one R.I.P.
Yet another one R.I.P. vag
  • Score: 3

12:41pm Mon 14 Jul 14

iankenken says...

Too many - too often. RIP
Too many - too often. RIP iankenken
  • Score: 5

12:44pm Mon 14 Jul 14

noodlesnewman says...

iankenken wrote:
Too many - too often. RIP
high vis up , and ride defensively , stay safe all you bikers ! x
[quote][p][bold]iankenken[/bold] wrote: Too many - too often. RIP[/p][/quote]high vis up , and ride defensively , stay safe all you bikers ! x noodlesnewman
  • Score: 6

2:06pm Mon 14 Jul 14

rudolph_hucker says...

Not the first and certainly won't be the last. RIP
Not the first and certainly won't be the last. RIP rudolph_hucker
  • Score: -2

5:09pm Mon 14 Jul 14

tgaffer says...

I got over taken by a motor cyclist doing at least 120mph on the m27, Rownhams, yesterday lunchtime. Some of these guys really need wise up and realise that young adults are seeing this and want to replicate it. Terrible for the families and friends affected
I got over taken by a motor cyclist doing at least 120mph on the m27, Rownhams, yesterday lunchtime. Some of these guys really need wise up and realise that young adults are seeing this and want to replicate it. Terrible for the families and friends affected tgaffer
  • Score: 0

5:53pm Mon 14 Jul 14

The Mad Dog says...

tgaffer wrote:
I got over taken by a motor cyclist doing at least 120mph on the m27, Rownhams, yesterday lunchtime. Some of these guys really need wise up and realise that young adults are seeing this and want to replicate it. Terrible for the families and friends affected
Why did you mention it then?
There is nothing at all in the article to suggest excessive speed was a factor.
RIP and condolences to the bikers family and friends.
[quote][p][bold]tgaffer[/bold] wrote: I got over taken by a motor cyclist doing at least 120mph on the m27, Rownhams, yesterday lunchtime. Some of these guys really need wise up and realise that young adults are seeing this and want to replicate it. Terrible for the families and friends affected[/p][/quote]Why did you mention it then? There is nothing at all in the article to suggest excessive speed was a factor. RIP and condolences to the bikers family and friends. The Mad Dog
  • Score: 2

8:16pm Mon 14 Jul 14

Charlie Bucket says...

The Mad Dog wrote:
tgaffer wrote:
I got over taken by a motor cyclist doing at least 120mph on the m27, Rownhams, yesterday lunchtime. Some of these guys really need wise up and realise that young adults are seeing this and want to replicate it. Terrible for the families and friends affected
Why did you mention it then?
There is nothing at all in the article to suggest excessive speed was a factor.
RIP and condolences to the bikers family and friends.
Some idiots just scan the headlines for certain trigger words, so they can spout their ill-informed canned opinions on the matter. "Motorcyclist" is one of those trigger words. I guarantee you if the headline had been "Motorcyclist cures cancer, brings about world peace and rescues drowning puppy" the exact same trite comment would have been made.
[quote][p][bold]The Mad Dog[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tgaffer[/bold] wrote: I got over taken by a motor cyclist doing at least 120mph on the m27, Rownhams, yesterday lunchtime. Some of these guys really need wise up and realise that young adults are seeing this and want to replicate it. Terrible for the families and friends affected[/p][/quote]Why did you mention it then? There is nothing at all in the article to suggest excessive speed was a factor. RIP and condolences to the bikers family and friends.[/p][/quote]Some idiots just scan the headlines for certain trigger words, so they can spout their ill-informed canned opinions on the matter. "Motorcyclist" is one of those trigger words. I guarantee you if the headline had been "Motorcyclist cures cancer, brings about world peace and rescues drowning puppy" the exact same trite comment would have been made. Charlie Bucket
  • Score: 4

8:33pm Mon 14 Jul 14

mickey01 says...

Charlie Bucket wrote:
The Mad Dog wrote:
tgaffer wrote:
I got over taken by a motor cyclist doing at least 120mph on the m27, Rownhams, yesterday lunchtime. Some of these guys really need wise up and realise that young adults are seeing this and want to replicate it. Terrible for the families and friends affected
Why did you mention it then?
There is nothing at all in the article to suggest excessive speed was a factor.
RIP and condolences to the bikers family and friends.
Some idiots just scan the headlines for certain trigger words, so they can spout their ill-informed canned opinions on the matter. "Motorcyclist" is one of those trigger words. I guarantee you if the headline had been "Motorcyclist cures cancer, brings about world peace and rescues drowning puppy" the exact same trite comment would have been made.
i drive many times on the m27 and see bikes weaving in and out on the outside lane and shake their heads cos the driver is only doing 80 so dont blame the driver for his post as i have seen bikers and car drivers driving so badly it is no wonder there are not more accidents on our roads
[quote][p][bold]Charlie Bucket[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Mad Dog[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tgaffer[/bold] wrote: I got over taken by a motor cyclist doing at least 120mph on the m27, Rownhams, yesterday lunchtime. Some of these guys really need wise up and realise that young adults are seeing this and want to replicate it. Terrible for the families and friends affected[/p][/quote]Why did you mention it then? There is nothing at all in the article to suggest excessive speed was a factor. RIP and condolences to the bikers family and friends.[/p][/quote]Some idiots just scan the headlines for certain trigger words, so they can spout their ill-informed canned opinions on the matter. "Motorcyclist" is one of those trigger words. I guarantee you if the headline had been "Motorcyclist cures cancer, brings about world peace and rescues drowning puppy" the exact same trite comment would have been made.[/p][/quote]i drive many times on the m27 and see bikes weaving in and out on the outside lane and shake their heads cos the driver is only doing 80 so dont blame the driver for his post as i have seen bikers and car drivers driving so badly it is no wonder there are not more accidents on our roads mickey01
  • Score: -1

9:50pm Mon 14 Jul 14

rudolph_hucker says...

mickey01 wrote:
Charlie Bucket wrote:
The Mad Dog wrote:
tgaffer wrote:
I got over taken by a motor cyclist doing at least 120mph on the m27, Rownhams, yesterday lunchtime. Some of these guys really need wise up and realise that young adults are seeing this and want to replicate it. Terrible for the families and friends affected
Why did you mention it then?
There is nothing at all in the article to suggest excessive speed was a factor.
RIP and condolences to the bikers family and friends.
Some idiots just scan the headlines for certain trigger words, so they can spout their ill-informed canned opinions on the matter. "Motorcyclist" is one of those trigger words. I guarantee you if the headline had been "Motorcyclist cures cancer, brings about world peace and rescues drowning puppy" the exact same trite comment would have been made.
i drive many times on the m27 and see bikes weaving in and out on the outside lane and shake their heads cos the driver is only doing 80 so dont blame the driver for his post as i have seen bikers and car drivers driving so badly it is no wonder there are not more accidents on our roads
Well said
[quote][p][bold]mickey01[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Charlie Bucket[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Mad Dog[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tgaffer[/bold] wrote: I got over taken by a motor cyclist doing at least 120mph on the m27, Rownhams, yesterday lunchtime. Some of these guys really need wise up and realise that young adults are seeing this and want to replicate it. Terrible for the families and friends affected[/p][/quote]Why did you mention it then? There is nothing at all in the article to suggest excessive speed was a factor. RIP and condolences to the bikers family and friends.[/p][/quote]Some idiots just scan the headlines for certain trigger words, so they can spout their ill-informed canned opinions on the matter. "Motorcyclist" is one of those trigger words. I guarantee you if the headline had been "Motorcyclist cures cancer, brings about world peace and rescues drowning puppy" the exact same trite comment would have been made.[/p][/quote]i drive many times on the m27 and see bikes weaving in and out on the outside lane and shake their heads cos the driver is only doing 80 so dont blame the driver for his post as i have seen bikers and car drivers driving so badly it is no wonder there are not more accidents on our roads[/p][/quote]Well said rudolph_hucker
  • Score: -1

5:55am Tue 15 Jul 14

missyoualreadyM says...

Thank you for you condolences. I am indeed a friend of the man in the article - who was one of the funniest, kindest and most genuine people you would ever hope to meet. I'm still in shock. I just thought you should know that the condolences to his family and friends that you offered touched my heart. Strangers on the internet can bring a little comfort. Massive thank yous for that. And he would have appreciated it too. xxx
Thank you for you condolences. I am indeed a friend of the man in the article - who was one of the funniest, kindest and most genuine people you would ever hope to meet. I'm still in shock. I just thought you should know that the condolences to his family and friends that you offered touched my heart. Strangers on the internet can bring a little comfort. Massive thank yous for that. And he would have appreciated it too. xxx missyoualreadyM
  • Score: 2

7:49am Tue 15 Jul 14

joiner123 says...

And how many of these bike accidents were the bikers fault? Look at the statics its pretty much 50/50. I'm not bike rider and dont condone alot of the behavior but they certainly do get blamed for just about everything on the road. Instead of whinging and concentrating on someone else's bad riding why don't people concentrate on their own bad driving and lack of attention. I see alot more idiots in cars and vans on a daily basis than I do bikes.

No mention of what happened or who was involved yet antibike crap is spouted as pointed out.

Rip
And how many of these bike accidents were the bikers fault? Look at the statics its pretty much 50/50. I'm not bike rider and dont condone alot of the behavior but they certainly do get blamed for just about everything on the road. Instead of whinging and concentrating on someone else's bad riding why don't people concentrate on their own bad driving and lack of attention. I see alot more idiots in cars and vans on a daily basis than I do bikes. No mention of what happened or who was involved yet antibike crap is spouted as pointed out. Rip joiner123
  • Score: 6

9:53am Fri 1 Aug 14

CherryMcDowell says...

I always told my boyfriend that owning a motorbike is like asking for a death wish. Anyway, I wonder if the family of the deceased will be filing for
a personal injury lawsuit.
I always told my boyfriend that owning a motorbike is like asking for a death wish. Anyway, I wonder if the family of the deceased will be filing for a personal injury lawsuit. CherryMcDowell
  • Score: 0

9:54am Fri 1 Aug 14

CherryMcDowell says...

"I always told my boyfriend that owning a motorbike is like asking for a death wish. Anyway, I wonder if the family of the deceased will be filing for
a personal injury lawsuit. "
"I always told my boyfriend that owning a motorbike is like asking for a death wish. Anyway, I wonder if the family of the deceased will be filing for a personal injury lawsuit. " CherryMcDowell
  • Score: 0
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree