Police have found Ashya King in Spain and await news of his condition as parents break silence

Image from a video posted on Youtube this evening after Police found the family in Spain.

Image from a video posted on Youtube this evening after Police found the family in Spain.

First published in News
Last updated
Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Senior Reporter

POLICE in Spain have tonight found little Ashya King as his parents break their silence in an emotional video posted on the internet.

The youngster was found with his parents Brett and Naghmeh and he is understood to be receiving medical attention with police awaiting news of his condition.

Hampshire police confirmed the news this evening. He was discovered around 9.30pm.

Tonight an extraordinary video from Ashya's dad Brett King has been posted on YouTube.

Talking to the camera on a bed, with Ashya lying between his legs, Brett explains why he and Naghmeh decided to take him out of hospital and how they both felt on learning about the international search for them.

In the video Brett said: "We were most disturbed today to find his face was all over the internet and newspapers and we’ve been labelled kidnappers, putting his life at risk, neglect. 

"There’s been a lot of talk about this machine. As you can see it’s all plugged in, we’ve got loads of these feeds here, we’ve got iron supplements and we have Calpol. 

"As you can see there is nothing wrong with him, he’s very happy actually since we took him out of hospital, he’s been smiling a lot more.

"I want to say why we took him out of hospital. The surgeon did a wonderful job on his head. 

"But straight away afterwards he went into what is called a posterior fossa syndrome which means very limited moving or talking or doing anything so we had him in the hospital, he was very weak, not much progress, each day he would maybe move a little bit more." 

Two weeks after his surgery Brett said he and his wife were called into see oncologists.

Brett said the family asked the doctors if their son could have proton beam treatment but it was unavailable on the NHS. 

And he said they pleaded with doctors to receive treatement in America or Switzerland.

Brett said: "We pleaded with them for proton beam treatment. 

"They looked at me straight in the face and they said with his cancer which is a medulla blastoma it would have no benefit whatsoever. 

"I went straight back to my room and looked it up and the American sites, French sites and Switzerland sites who have proton beam said the opposite, that it would be beneficial for him. 

"So I spoke to them again, I wrote them a letter, which he never responded to saying I will sell my property in order to pay for the proton beam that I had no problem at all in paying for the proton beam.

"I contacted the Prague proton beam centre and they sent me an email which I passed onto Dr Gary Nicolin but he did nothing with it. 

"Then he came up with this other protocol saying we are going to give him a little bit of chemo, radiation then chemo again. 

"When I asked him why the chemotherapy was needed, I couldn’t really get to what he was going to say, and then straight away afterwards he said more or less if I question him in anyway regarding his treatment they will get an emergency protection order and take him away from me. 

"After that I realised I can’t speak to the oncologists at all because if I ask anything, and give them any doubt I wasn’t in full accord with them, they were just going to get a protection order which meant in his deepest, darkest hour, I wouldn’t be there to look after him, neither would my wife. 

"They would prevent us from entering the ward.

"So under that such a cruel system, I decided to start looking at the proton beam myself but they needed the MRI and Xray results from Dr Nicolin who just ignored them.

"To this date he has still done nothing about that so we have decided to try to sort it out ourselves but now we are refugees almost. We can’t do anything.

"The police now are after us. The things we wanted to do to raise the money to pay for the proton beam, they have prevented it now so my son who is being treated and he’s doing fine, and we’re very happy with his progress.

"We are not neglecting him. He has everything he had in hospital. He's not on any medication at the hospital.

"The only thing they made sure is that he had feed, Calpol, we’ve got their syringes, 60ml, 10ml and 20ml syringes so we can feed him as well as they can do, we give him water, we give him 600ml of water which he was on in hospital, so we do everything the nurses do.

"There is no way we are neglecting him, he’s moving his head, he’s moving his legs, he’s responding so much better than when he did in the hospital just looking up at the ceiling all the time.

"We couldn’t take it anymore not knowing and not being able to question anything in fear they say ‘sorry Mr and Mrs King, emergency protection order, you are no longer allowed in the ward.’

"Under that stress, our son who has got a grade four brain tumour, we couldn’t discuss or question them at all in fear our son would be in that ward all day long by himself without his parents being able to come in.

"We couldn't be under that system anymore. I’ve had to try to do it myself. I was going to try to get the money to pay for the proton beam therapy but they prevented that now because the police in Spain are involved and I can’t do what I wanted to do.

"So I just please ask, call it off, this ridiculous chase. We are not neglecting our son, he’s in perfectly good health. Speak to the nurses, have they seen him move as much as this?

"My son is smiling, he’s happy, we’re doing things as a family with him, we just want to be left in peace. He’s very sick, I just want to get on with his treatment.

"I’m not coming back to England if I cannot give him the treatment I want, which is proper treatment not a little bit of chemotherapy or Milan protocol, which was working apparently and now isn’t working, other children got sick and died.

"I don’t need that.

"I just want positive results for my son and I realise that hospital with Dr Gary Nicolin and Dr Ramya didn’t haven’t my interests or my son’s interests at all.

"You will find in hospital, you are just being processed, next one, child with cancer, okay this one’s got to go onto chemotherapy so that one is shuffled down the line.

"It doesn’t matter how weak he was they were still going to put a face mask on his face lie him down and keep belting him with radiation.

"It destroyed the whole of his head here, the brain can only take 23.6, they were going to zap it here at 54 it would kill everything.

"They didn’t tell me the long term effects which I have come to find out through the internet. They didn’t tell us.

"They said vomitting perhaps, nausea, well, these are the short term side effects but the long term side effects are secondary malignant cancers so the radiation will cause more cancers, he will be growth stumped, mentally he will be stumped, he won’t be able to process information, he won’t be able to tell me what five and five is, hearing loss, taste loss, eyesight problems, everything.

"You can’t radiate a child with 56 radiation, not a five year old boy.

"There’s other things out there but they are stopping me now from getting the money to do it so I ask just call off the search, let me sort out my money, let me go to Czechoslovakia let me pay for the treatment and let me sort it all out.

"That’s it. In a few days I can show you more that my son has still got the feed, we’re feeding him yoghurt orally, everything is going well for us.

"We don’t want the stress of being chased around. There are police outside our house in Spain. We don’t know what’s going on.

"We just want the best medical treatment so I just say please, please, please, you can see my son is not neglected, he’s doing very well. He doesn’t need the hospital.

"All I need is the money and I will get it all sorted out for him, thank you very much."

 

Comments (35)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:12pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Ginger_cyclist says...

This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well. Ginger_cyclist
  • Score: 27

10:15pm Sat 30 Aug 14

wizard says...

Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
[quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them! wizard
  • Score: 103

10:28pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Ginger_cyclist says...

wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.
[quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them![/p][/quote]No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion. Ginger_cyclist
  • Score: -8

10:30pm Sat 30 Aug 14

wizard says...

Ginger_cyclist wrote:
wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.
so why is it brilliant news?
[quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them![/p][/quote]No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.[/p][/quote]so why is it brilliant news? wizard
  • Score: 0

10:35pm Sat 30 Aug 14

sotonboy84 says...

Ginger_cyclist wrote:
wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.
How about the European arrest warrant for neglect & the media portraying them as criminals?

The only investigation ended is into the police & media.
[quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them![/p][/quote]No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.[/p][/quote]How about the European arrest warrant for neglect & the media portraying them as criminals? The only investigation ended is into the police & media. sotonboy84
  • Score: 32

10:36pm Sat 30 Aug 14

sotonboy84 says...

sotonboy84 wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.
How about the European arrest warrant for neglect & the media portraying them as criminals?

The only investigation ended is into the police & media.
Needed*
[quote][p][bold]sotonboy84[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them![/p][/quote]No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.[/p][/quote]How about the European arrest warrant for neglect & the media portraying them as criminals? The only investigation ended is into the police & media.[/p][/quote]Needed* sotonboy84
  • Score: 6

10:43pm Sat 30 Aug 14

thesouth says...

sotonboy84 wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.
How about the European arrest warrant for neglect & the media portraying them as criminals?

The only investigation ended is into the police & media.
Why do the police need investigating for carrying out an investigation??
[quote][p][bold]sotonboy84[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them![/p][/quote]No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.[/p][/quote]How about the European arrest warrant for neglect & the media portraying them as criminals? The only investigation ended is into the police & media.[/p][/quote]Why do the police need investigating for carrying out an investigation?? thesouth
  • Score: -3

10:55pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Ginger_cyclist says...

wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.
so why is it brilliant news?
Because he's been found with his parents and we can get the full story.
[quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them![/p][/quote]No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.[/p][/quote]so why is it brilliant news?[/p][/quote]Because he's been found with his parents and we can get the full story. Ginger_cyclist
  • Score: 17

11:07pm Sat 30 Aug 14

mulberry66 says...

This is very sad, the family need support, not punishment, what was the hospital doing not picking up they had gone missing for 6 hours, I thought the nurses were meant to do a minimum of hourly checks, is there a problem on the ward with nursing leadership.
I also seem to recall a simo.ar inicident a few years ago, is there a problem with commjnication and support for families in southampton

maybe someone should lok more in detail at the hospital / unit leadership to understand better why people become so desparate

seems like the problem here rests with the hospital and its poor leadership and support to families in need
This is very sad, the family need support, not punishment, what was the hospital doing not picking up they had gone missing for 6 hours, I thought the nurses were meant to do a minimum of hourly checks, is there a problem on the ward with nursing leadership. I also seem to recall a simo.ar inicident a few years ago, is there a problem with commjnication and support for families in southampton maybe someone should lok more in detail at the hospital / unit leadership to understand better why people become so desparate seems like the problem here rests with the hospital and its poor leadership and support to families in need mulberry66
  • Score: 42

11:23pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Cyrus Muro says...

wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
They are Jehovah's so in actual fact in medical terms they do not know what's best for their child.
[quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them![/p][/quote]They are Jehovah's so in actual fact in medical terms they do not know what's best for their child. Cyrus Muro
  • Score: -42

11:41pm Sat 30 Aug 14

SandraH14 says...

I apologize for writing about the neglect I felt you showed your son. Now that we have heard both sides, it just shows how quick I am to judge. I wish your family well and hope your little boy recovers soon.
I apologize for writing about the neglect I felt you showed your son. Now that we have heard both sides, it just shows how quick I am to judge. I wish your family well and hope your little boy recovers soon. SandraH14
  • Score: 52

11:41pm Sat 30 Aug 14

solomum says...

Cyrus Muro wrote:
wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
They are Jehovah's so in actual fact in medical terms they do not know what's best for their child.
What an ill informed comment. From the video that has been posted, there is nothing to suggest their decision has anything to do with their religious beliefs.
[quote][p][bold]Cyrus Muro[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them![/p][/quote]They are Jehovah's so in actual fact in medical terms they do not know what's best for their child.[/p][/quote]What an ill informed comment. From the video that has been posted, there is nothing to suggest their decision has anything to do with their religious beliefs. solomum
  • Score: 40

11:47pm Sat 30 Aug 14

solomum says...

wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
I really hope the family are allowed to do what they believe is right for their son, BUT it still remains that it is very good news they have been found. Now the manhunt can cease and they can provide the authorities with all the evidence to show they are caring for their son and have his best interests at heart. This family are not criminals and should not be treated as such. The police still have to complete their investigation though as they have a duty of care. I truly hope that they will see the family are acting in the best interests of their child.
[quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them![/p][/quote]I really hope the family are allowed to do what they believe is right for their son, BUT it still remains that it is very good news they have been found. Now the manhunt can cease and they can provide the authorities with all the evidence to show they are caring for their son and have his best interests at heart. This family are not criminals and should not be treated as such. The police still have to complete their investigation though as they have a duty of care. I truly hope that they will see the family are acting in the best interests of their child. solomum
  • Score: 23

12:44am Sun 31 Aug 14

exforester says...

The parents have been arrested - how sad. All they seem to have done is dare to question their child's treatment! and try an alternative to the treatment offered by the NHS - which is controlled by NICE and the cost.
The parents have been arrested - how sad. All they seem to have done is dare to question their child's treatment! and try an alternative to the treatment offered by the NHS - which is controlled by NICE and the cost. exforester
  • Score: 42

2:10am Sun 31 Aug 14

saintsfan76 says...

I think we also need to hear the opinions of the doctors and surgeons treating this boy. It is understandable when given bad news this dad has sought out what is best for his son. And we all know of treatments available in other countries but not here.

Regarding the hospital he was allowed to be taken out by his parents but this time they didn't take him back. The hospital rightly have a duty of care which is why then the police got involved.

This was clearly a pre-planned event that even his grandmother in Southsea seemed to know nothing about. I hope no criminal proceedings are taken now and the hospital and the parents can sit down and discuss the way forward. And maybe a campaign can be started to send this boy to another country if it is felt it will indeed help him recover.
I think we also need to hear the opinions of the doctors and surgeons treating this boy. It is understandable when given bad news this dad has sought out what is best for his son. And we all know of treatments available in other countries but not here. Regarding the hospital he was allowed to be taken out by his parents but this time they didn't take him back. The hospital rightly have a duty of care which is why then the police got involved. This was clearly a pre-planned event that even his grandmother in Southsea seemed to know nothing about. I hope no criminal proceedings are taken now and the hospital and the parents can sit down and discuss the way forward. And maybe a campaign can be started to send this boy to another country if it is felt it will indeed help him recover. saintsfan76
  • Score: 29

7:28am Sun 31 Aug 14

sotonboy84 says...

thesouth wrote:
sotonboy84 wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.
How about the European arrest warrant for neglect & the media portraying them as criminals?

The only investigation ended is into the police & media.
Why do the police need investigating for carrying out an investigation??
Because it wasn't an investigation, it was a witch hunt. The police & media have portrayed the parents have criminals so they've been accused of neglect, abuse & even murder by some. When the family were found & their video released a lot of those views changed so it shows the power that the police & media have & they've a used that to get what they want.

Do you not see anything wrong in an arrest warrant for neglect being issued? There is no court order to overule the parents refusal of treatment & so the police get a warrant which they don't intend to use but gives them the power to stop the family. Abuse of power & their actions should be investigated.
[quote][p][bold]thesouth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonboy84[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them![/p][/quote]No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.[/p][/quote]How about the European arrest warrant for neglect & the media portraying them as criminals? The only investigation ended is into the police & media.[/p][/quote]Why do the police need investigating for carrying out an investigation??[/p][/quote]Because it wasn't an investigation, it was a witch hunt. The police & media have portrayed the parents have criminals so they've been accused of neglect, abuse & even murder by some. When the family were found & their video released a lot of those views changed so it shows the power that the police & media have & they've a used that to get what they want. Do you not see anything wrong in an arrest warrant for neglect being issued? There is no court order to overule the parents refusal of treatment & so the police get a warrant which they don't intend to use but gives them the power to stop the family. Abuse of power & their actions should be investigated. sotonboy84
  • Score: 17

8:07am Sun 31 Aug 14

userds5050 says...

Ginger_cyclist wrote:
wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.
Er, an arrest warrant has been issued for them.
[quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them![/p][/quote]No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.[/p][/quote]Er, an arrest warrant has been issued for them. userds5050
  • Score: 7

8:26am Sun 31 Aug 14

freakout says...

These parents are not negletng the little one .They are doing what they can to give the little man a chance of life .To the family i hope there is a good outcome for all of you ,And the case of neglet is thrown out .I would do the same as you x
These parents are not negletng the little one .They are doing what they can to give the little man a chance of life .To the family i hope there is a good outcome for all of you ,And the case of neglet is thrown out .I would do the same as you x freakout
  • Score: 21

9:24am Sun 31 Aug 14

Kirsty666 says...

The better headline would be Manhunt for parents questioning NHS. I'm pleased they have been found safe and NOT neglected
The better headline would be Manhunt for parents questioning NHS. I'm pleased they have been found safe and NOT neglected Kirsty666
  • Score: 4

10:23am Sun 31 Aug 14

Reality-man says...

So parent who has done some research on the internet knows more than medical professionals who have studied for years?
So parent who has done some research on the internet knows more than medical professionals who have studied for years? Reality-man
  • Score: 3

11:48am Sun 31 Aug 14

forest hump says...

I sincerely hope those in the media who initially reported "abduction" and "snatched" choke on their own vomit. Disgraceful reporting, by the lying media.
I sincerely hope those in the media who initially reported "abduction" and "snatched" choke on their own vomit. Disgraceful reporting, by the lying media. forest hump
  • Score: 9

12:35pm Sun 31 Aug 14

getThisCoalitionOut says...

Reality-man wrote:
So parent who has done some research on the internet knows more than medical professionals who have studied for years?
If your comment means you've never had anything done wrong whilst a patient under the NHS, then you have been extremely lucky.

There are an extremely high number of people who have suffered under our NHS and unfortunately trying to get things either corrected or for the consultant involved to apologise is almost impossible. That is disgraceful.

If this government goes ahead with privatisation it will get even worse.
[quote][p][bold]Reality-man[/bold] wrote: So parent who has done some research on the internet knows more than medical professionals who have studied for years?[/p][/quote]If your comment means you've never had anything done wrong whilst a patient under the NHS, then you have been extremely lucky. There are an extremely high number of people who have suffered under our NHS and unfortunately trying to get things either corrected or for the consultant involved to apologise is almost impossible. That is disgraceful. If this government goes ahead with privatisation it will get even worse. getThisCoalitionOut
  • Score: 13

1:12pm Sun 31 Aug 14

espanuel says...

saintsfan76 wrote:
I think we also need to hear the opinions of the doctors and surgeons treating this boy. It is understandable when given bad news this dad has sought out what is best for his son. And we all know of treatments available in other countries but not here.

Regarding the hospital he was allowed to be taken out by his parents but this time they didn't take him back. The hospital rightly have a duty of care which is why then the police got involved.

This was clearly a pre-planned event that even his grandmother in Southsea seemed to know nothing about. I hope no criminal proceedings are taken now and the hospital and the parents can sit down and discuss the way forward. And maybe a campaign can be started to send this boy to another country if it is felt it will indeed help him recover.
WELL SAID and totally correct on your statement, people are only reading one side of the story. Good luck to the family which ever way it ends.
[quote][p][bold]saintsfan76[/bold] wrote: I think we also need to hear the opinions of the doctors and surgeons treating this boy. It is understandable when given bad news this dad has sought out what is best for his son. And we all know of treatments available in other countries but not here. Regarding the hospital he was allowed to be taken out by his parents but this time they didn't take him back. The hospital rightly have a duty of care which is why then the police got involved. This was clearly a pre-planned event that even his grandmother in Southsea seemed to know nothing about. I hope no criminal proceedings are taken now and the hospital and the parents can sit down and discuss the way forward. And maybe a campaign can be started to send this boy to another country if it is felt it will indeed help him recover.[/p][/quote]WELL SAID and totally correct on your statement, people are only reading one side of the story. Good luck to the family which ever way it ends. espanuel
  • Score: 6

1:18pm Sun 31 Aug 14

espanuel says...

sotonboy84 wrote:
thesouth wrote:
sotonboy84 wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.
How about the European arrest warrant for neglect & the media portraying them as criminals?

The only investigation ended is into the police & media.
Why do the police need investigating for carrying out an investigation??
Because it wasn't an investigation, it was a witch hunt. The police & media have portrayed the parents have criminals so they've been accused of neglect, abuse & even murder by some. When the family were found & their video released a lot of those views changed so it shows the power that the police & media have & they've a used that to get what they want.

Do you not see anything wrong in an arrest warrant for neglect being issued? There is no court order to overule the parents refusal of treatment & so the police get a warrant which they don't intend to use but gives them the power to stop the family. Abuse of power & their actions should be investigated.
What do you mean A WITCH HUNT? and they are not being treated like criminals. When the video was released you only heard one side of the story.
[quote][p][bold]sotonboy84[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thesouth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonboy84[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them![/p][/quote]No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.[/p][/quote]How about the European arrest warrant for neglect & the media portraying them as criminals? The only investigation ended is into the police & media.[/p][/quote]Why do the police need investigating for carrying out an investigation??[/p][/quote]Because it wasn't an investigation, it was a witch hunt. The police & media have portrayed the parents have criminals so they've been accused of neglect, abuse & even murder by some. When the family were found & their video released a lot of those views changed so it shows the power that the police & media have & they've a used that to get what they want. Do you not see anything wrong in an arrest warrant for neglect being issued? There is no court order to overule the parents refusal of treatment & so the police get a warrant which they don't intend to use but gives them the power to stop the family. Abuse of power & their actions should be investigated.[/p][/quote]What do you mean A WITCH HUNT? and they are not being treated like criminals. When the video was released you only heard one side of the story. espanuel
  • Score: -3

1:57pm Sun 31 Aug 14

sparkster says...

I dont think it's a case of the father knowing more than the doctors, he simply did some research, I have to say at times its no wonder parents take their chuldren abroad for treatment often with success if they cant get any sense here. The little boy has been found and is safe and now perhaps the family can be left in peace to get the treatment needed for their son. I think most parents would want the best for their child and if they cant get sense and answers for their chil'd condition then it follows they will take their child to someone who can help them
I dont think it's a case of the father knowing more than the doctors, he simply did some research, I have to say at times its no wonder parents take their chuldren abroad for treatment often with success if they cant get any sense here. The little boy has been found and is safe and now perhaps the family can be left in peace to get the treatment needed for their son. I think most parents would want the best for their child and if they cant get sense and answers for their chil'd condition then it follows they will take their child to someone who can help them sparkster
  • Score: 8

2:53pm Sun 31 Aug 14

..kat.. says...

The doctor should not be threatening with emergency protection order because he was questioned just because he went to uni don't mean the man should not question him he should be prepared n ready to answer the questions with the truth but all the authority's just like to use there power n make threats when they are caught lieing or don't have a answer the father n mother clearly love there child n are trying to help him leave the family alone an let them get him the right help how many of us have been just Sat in the hospital when they are only doin what we can do at home
The doctor should not be threatening with emergency protection order because he was questioned just because he went to uni don't mean the man should not question him he should be prepared n ready to answer the questions with the truth but all the authority's just like to use there power n make threats when they are caught lieing or don't have a answer the father n mother clearly love there child n are trying to help him leave the family alone an let them get him the right help how many of us have been just Sat in the hospital when they are only doin what we can do at home ..kat..
  • Score: 6

3:02pm Sun 31 Aug 14

sparkster says...

well said ..kat..
well said ..kat.. sparkster
  • Score: 1

3:56pm Sun 31 Aug 14

kingkong 1 says...

Having just watched the video I have had my mind changed about this situation Now I Think the parents are right, the trouble with doctors in the UK they think they are premadonas and walk on water & ,dont you dare question them.
Having just watched the video I have had my mind changed about this situation Now I Think the parents are right, the trouble with doctors in the UK they think they are premadonas and walk on water & ,dont you dare question them. kingkong 1
  • Score: 1

4:21pm Sun 31 Aug 14

willcsaintenay says...

If they did not take the child because they do not believe in some thing due to their religion, then I can understand, but if what he is saying is the truth then the doctors in UK are bloody disgusting for threatening to take custody of the child, I hope someone comes up with the money for the little lads operation, he so deserves a chance in life. I also hope they let the parents be with their children, if they were so concerned about the little boy they would not be so cruel to keep him separated from the parents
If they did not take the child because they do not believe in some thing due to their religion, then I can understand, but if what he is saying is the truth then the doctors in UK are bloody disgusting for threatening to take custody of the child, I hope someone comes up with the money for the little lads operation, he so deserves a chance in life. I also hope they let the parents be with their children, if they were so concerned about the little boy they would not be so cruel to keep him separated from the parents willcsaintenay
  • Score: 3

4:55pm Sun 31 Aug 14

sotonboy84 says...

espanuel wrote:
sotonboy84 wrote:
thesouth wrote:
sotonboy84 wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.
How about the European arrest warrant for neglect & the media portraying them as criminals?

The only investigation ended is into the police & media.
Why do the police need investigating for carrying out an investigation??
Because it wasn't an investigation, it was a witch hunt. The police & media have portrayed the parents have criminals so they've been accused of neglect, abuse & even murder by some. When the family were found & their video released a lot of those views changed so it shows the power that the police & media have & they've a used that to get what they want.

Do you not see anything wrong in an arrest warrant for neglect being issued? There is no court order to overule the parents refusal of treatment & so the police get a warrant which they don't intend to use but gives them the power to stop the family. Abuse of power & their actions should be investigated.
What do you mean A WITCH HUNT? and they are not being treated like criminals. When the video was released you only heard one side of the story.
The point being was you heard their side. The police could have searched for the family without them & the media portraying them as child snatching, irresponsible criminals.

There needn't had been any sides to take, focus should have been on finding the family as there was no evidence to point towards all of the things they have been accused of.
[quote][p][bold]espanuel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonboy84[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thesouth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonboy84[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them![/p][/quote]No one's treating them like criminals, as far as I know, the law doesn't penalise parents for inadvertantly putting their child at risk, while trying to do what they think is right for said child because it's done out of paternal love and compassion.[/p][/quote]How about the European arrest warrant for neglect & the media portraying them as criminals? The only investigation ended is into the police & media.[/p][/quote]Why do the police need investigating for carrying out an investigation??[/p][/quote]Because it wasn't an investigation, it was a witch hunt. The police & media have portrayed the parents have criminals so they've been accused of neglect, abuse & even murder by some. When the family were found & their video released a lot of those views changed so it shows the power that the police & media have & they've a used that to get what they want. Do you not see anything wrong in an arrest warrant for neglect being issued? There is no court order to overule the parents refusal of treatment & so the police get a warrant which they don't intend to use but gives them the power to stop the family. Abuse of power & their actions should be investigated.[/p][/quote]What do you mean A WITCH HUNT? and they are not being treated like criminals. When the video was released you only heard one side of the story.[/p][/quote]The point being was you heard their side. The police could have searched for the family without them & the media portraying them as child snatching, irresponsible criminals. There needn't had been any sides to take, focus should have been on finding the family as there was no evidence to point towards all of the things they have been accused of. sotonboy84
  • Score: 1

5:46pm Sun 31 Aug 14

La Vigneron says...

Cyrus Muro wrote:
wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
They are Jehovah's so in actual fact in medical terms they do not know what's best for their child.
Cyrus's comment "They are Jehovah's so in actual fact in medical terms they do not know what's best for their child." is the most stupidly ill informed one I have read in years! I have worked with doctors who are Jehovah's witnesses and while I disagree with most of their thinking parental concern is, in general not overridden by religious adherence.
This family has been the victims of a 'Jobsworth' bureaucracy, the law which, as Dickens said, through his avatar Mr Micawber , is a **** and a media which apart from endless reporting on sport goes into a frenzy of one sided comments about which it seems to be very ill informed.
They are now, I hope safely, in España which has a very good health service. I also hope that the law, British medical authorities and the media now leave them alone.
[quote][p][bold]Cyrus Muro[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them![/p][/quote]They are Jehovah's so in actual fact in medical terms they do not know what's best for their child.[/p][/quote]Cyrus's comment "They are Jehovah's so in actual fact in medical terms they do not know what's best for their child." is the most stupidly ill informed one I have read in years! I have worked with doctors who are Jehovah's witnesses and while I disagree with most of their thinking parental concern is, in general not overridden by religious adherence. This family has been the victims of a 'Jobsworth' bureaucracy, the law which, as Dickens said, through his avatar Mr Micawber , is a **** and a media which apart from endless reporting on sport goes into a frenzy of one sided comments about which it seems to be very ill informed. They are now, I hope safely, in España which has a very good health service. I also hope that the law, British medical authorities and the media now leave them alone. La Vigneron
  • Score: 2

5:58pm Sun 31 Aug 14

Cyrus Muro says...

Well just goes to show don't believe everything you read/ see in the media.
If what Mr King says is true I will eat humble pie and I apologise. However this story was originally reported as it being the usual Jehovah nonsense about not having medical treatment so i stand by my line on that comment.
I love how the echo regularly changes the context of a story rendering comments to be seen in a different to light to the original story.
Tip of the day for commentators is to wait 3 days before commenting.
I am extremely glad Mr king has posted this and I hope he gets they get the treatment they need. I think now the echo should set up a charity fund to help this little boy out.
Well just goes to show don't believe everything you read/ see in the media. If what Mr King says is true I will eat humble pie and I apologise. However this story was originally reported as it being the usual Jehovah nonsense about not having medical treatment so i stand by my line on that comment. I love how the echo regularly changes the context of a story rendering comments to be seen in a different to light to the original story. Tip of the day for commentators is to wait 3 days before commenting. I am extremely glad Mr king has posted this and I hope he gets they get the treatment they need. I think now the echo should set up a charity fund to help this little boy out. Cyrus Muro
  • Score: 2

6:02pm Sun 31 Aug 14

Cyrus Muro says...

solomum wrote:
Cyrus Muro wrote:
wizard wrote:
Ginger_cyclist wrote:
This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.
how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them!
They are Jehovah's so in actual fact in medical terms they do not know what's best for their child.
What an ill informed comment. From the video that has been posted, there is nothing to suggest their decision has anything to do with their religious beliefs.
There was no video and the context of the story was different at the time of the comment echo has fooled you to make sure they don't look bad themselves
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Cyrus Muro[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginger_cyclist[/bold] wrote: This is brilliant news, hope the poor lad is doing well.[/p][/quote]how about the poor little fella and his parents are left alone rather than be treated like criminals, im sure the only people who know whats best for their child is them![/p][/quote]They are Jehovah's so in actual fact in medical terms they do not know what's best for their child.[/p][/quote]What an ill informed comment. From the video that has been posted, there is nothing to suggest their decision has anything to do with their religious beliefs.[/p][/quote]There was no video and the context of the story was different at the time of the comment echo has fooled you to make sure they don't look bad themselves Cyrus Muro
  • Score: -1

11:40pm Sun 31 Aug 14

willow13 says...

I guess they could have advised the hospital what they were doing rather than it done in secret which would have stopped the police being involved
I guess they could have advised the hospital what they were doing rather than it done in secret which would have stopped the police being involved willow13
  • Score: 3

8:03am Mon 1 Sep 14

La Vigneron says...

willow13 wrote:
I guess they could have advised the hospital what they were doing rather than it done in secret which would have stopped the police being involved
Why should they inform the hospital, they realised what would happen if they did.
Having done nothing illegal, committed no crime the police forces of two countries are now involved in stopping the parents doing what they can for their child.
Democracy in action!
Having said that, the only information I have is through the media which, as we all know, is about as reliable as a chocolate teapot.
[quote][p][bold]willow13[/bold] wrote: I guess they could have advised the hospital what they were doing rather than it done in secret which would have stopped the police being involved[/p][/quote]Why should they inform the hospital, they realised what would happen if they did. Having done nothing illegal, committed no crime the police forces of two countries are now involved in stopping the parents doing what they can for their child. Democracy in action! Having said that, the only information I have is through the media which, as we all know, is about as reliable as a chocolate teapot. La Vigneron
  • Score: 4
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree