MPs and clergy disagree over gay marriage

MPs and clergy disagree over gay marriage

MPs and clergy disagree over gay marriage

First published in News Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Parliamentary Correspondent

HAMPSHIRE MPs have given a cautious welcome to Government plans to legalise gay marriage.

Amid a furious row with traditionalists and church leaders the Government has published a consultation into a proposed change in the law.

It is expected that Conservative MPs will be offered a free vote when the legislation comes to Parliament, meaning they will not be told by Government whips what they should do.

A campaign opposing the change has gathered more than 200,000 signatures, including those of the Rt Rev Timothy Dakin, Bishop of Winchester, and Rt Rev Michael Scott-Joynt, who used to hold the post.

Caroline Nokes, Tory MP for Romsey and Southampton North, said: “Broadly speaking, I am with the Government on this. However, I do have concerns about any religious institutions being forced to conduct gay marriages against their wishes and contrary to their theology.”

The consultation would entitle same-sex couples to get married in a register office or other civil ceremony. They would also be allowed to convert existing civil partnerships.

However, as the proposals stand, the legal ban on same-sex religious services would be maintained – despite some churches expressing an interest in conducting them.

Gay right campaigners and the Labour Party said that ministers were not going far enough.

Southampton Itchen Labour MP John Denham said: “I think the change should go ahead. The establishment of civil partnerships was much more significant, but there’s no reason why the current legal discrimination should continue.”

Julian Lewis, the Conservative MP for New Forest East, said most of the letters he had received from constituents had been against the change. He said he had backed the introduction of civil partnerships, but had not yet decided which way to vote on gay marriage.

He added: “I will go along and listen to the debate and make up my mind.”

Comments (32)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:34am Sun 18 Mar 12

Lone Ranger. says...

Civil partneships..... YES.
.
Gay marriage .... NO
.
Civil partneships..... YES. . Gay marriage .... NO . Lone Ranger.
  • Score: 0

10:45am Sun 18 Mar 12

teamgreen says...

no to gay marriage why ?
but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god! teamgreen
  • Score: 0

10:59am Sun 18 Mar 12

freemantlegirl2 says...

Indeed teamgreen, it's called hypocrisy - they have of gay vicars, priests etc - which often puzzles me when there is so much prejudice against them but until all churches stand up and move with modern culture and times they will continue to lose popularity with the younger generation particularly. Can't see it happening with other faiths though...
Indeed teamgreen, it's called hypocrisy - they have of gay vicars, priests etc - which often puzzles me when there is so much prejudice against them but until all churches stand up and move with modern culture and times they will continue to lose popularity with the younger generation particularly. Can't see it happening with other faiths though... freemantlegirl2
  • Score: 0

11:00am Sun 18 Mar 12

bigfella777 says...

The church only approve of same sex relationships when it involves just one adult, as if anyone cares what they think these days.
The church only approve of same sex relationships when it involves just one adult, as if anyone cares what they think these days. bigfella777
  • Score: 0

11:57am Sun 18 Mar 12

rightway says...

Rightly or wrongly homosexuality is against Christian beliefs, so why do gay couples make a big deal about having a ceremony in an organisation which is fundamentally against their lifestyle.
What any consenting adult do is their business and as long as it doesn’t interfere with anyone else it should remain no concern of others.
But remember if you are of the religious persuasion.
God made Adam and Eve
Not Adam and Steve.
Rightly or wrongly homosexuality is against Christian beliefs, so why do gay couples make a big deal about having a ceremony in an organisation which is fundamentally against their lifestyle. What any consenting adult do is their business and as long as it doesn’t interfere with anyone else it should remain no concern of others. But remember if you are of the religious persuasion. God made Adam and Eve Not Adam and Steve. rightway
  • Score: 0

12:42pm Sun 18 Mar 12

Condor Man says...

I don't have a problem with gay marriage per se but churches must not be obligated to carry out weddings. Also, where does this stop? Will we have calls for polygamous marriages next?
I don't have a problem with gay marriage per se but churches must not be obligated to carry out weddings. Also, where does this stop? Will we have calls for polygamous marriages next? Condor Man
  • Score: 0

4:30pm Sun 18 Mar 12

Mr sheep says...

why all the fuss! if two guys want to get married thats ok ! It means theres plenty of hot totty for the rest of us guys that are not duckys
why all the fuss! if two guys want to get married thats ok ! It means theres plenty of hot totty for the rest of us guys that are not duckys Mr sheep
  • Score: 0

4:51pm Sun 18 Mar 12

ohec says...

What a sick society we are even animals have more respect. But these fads are like fashion they come and they go, Its a sad individual that can't cope with a relationship with the opposite sex.
What a sick society we are even animals have more respect. But these fads are like fashion they come and they go, Its a sad individual that can't cope with a relationship with the opposite sex. ohec
  • Score: 0

4:59pm Sun 18 Mar 12

Georgem says...

teamgreen wrote:
no to gay marriage why ?
but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?
[quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god![/p][/quote]Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church? Georgem
  • Score: 0

5:04pm Sun 18 Mar 12

summercat says...

Mr sheep wrote:
why all the fuss! if two guys want to get married thats ok ! It means theres plenty of hot totty for the rest of us guys that are not duckys
OR
Why all the fuss! If two girls want to get married thats ok! It means there's plenty of hot gentlemen for the rest of us girls that are not duckys. :)
[quote][p][bold]Mr sheep[/bold] wrote: why all the fuss! if two guys want to get married thats ok ! It means theres plenty of hot totty for the rest of us guys that are not duckys[/p][/quote]OR Why all the fuss! If two girls want to get married thats ok! It means there's plenty of hot gentlemen for the rest of us girls that are not duckys. :) summercat
  • Score: 0

8:56pm Sun 18 Mar 12

teamgreen says...

Georgem wrote:
teamgreen wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?
nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god![/p][/quote]Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?[/p][/quote]nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ? teamgreen
  • Score: 0

9:56pm Sun 18 Mar 12

IronLady2010 says...

I take no issue with anyone getting married, they can use a register office like any other couple. Why is the church involved?

I am not religious, so wouldn't choose a church for a wedding, why would I want this person called God whom I don't believe in, giving me a blessing or whatever he/she/it does.

What matters is the vows you take.
I take no issue with anyone getting married, they can use a register office like any other couple. Why is the church involved? I am not religious, so wouldn't choose a church for a wedding, why would I want this person called God whom I don't believe in, giving me a blessing or whatever he/she/it does. What matters is the vows you take. IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

10:16pm Sun 18 Mar 12

opera phantom says...

Well said IronLady2010.
I don't believe in a he/she/it God. Religion is all about control.
God did not make man in his own image. MAN made God in his own image. Religion has been the cause of countless
wars which in turn causes death, injury and human and animal suffering on a huge scale. I just wish more people would wake up and give more thought to all this religious tosh.
Well said IronLady2010. I don't believe in a he/she/it God. Religion is all about control. God did not make man in his own image. MAN made God in his own image. Religion has been the cause of countless wars which in turn causes death, injury and human and animal suffering on a huge scale. I just wish more people would wake up and give more thought to all this religious tosh. opera phantom
  • Score: 0

10:26pm Sun 18 Mar 12

teamgreen says...

opera phantom wrote:
Well said IronLady2010. I don't believe in a he/she/it God. Religion is all about control. God did not make man in his own image. MAN made God in his own image. Religion has been the cause of countless wars which in turn causes death, injury and human and animal suffering on a huge scale. I just wish more people would wake up and give more thought to all this religious tosh.
well said
[quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: Well said IronLady2010. I don't believe in a he/she/it God. Religion is all about control. God did not make man in his own image. MAN made God in his own image. Religion has been the cause of countless wars which in turn causes death, injury and human and animal suffering on a huge scale. I just wish more people would wake up and give more thought to all this religious tosh.[/p][/quote]well said teamgreen
  • Score: 0

10:29pm Sun 18 Mar 12

solomum says...

teamgreen wrote:
Georgem wrote:
teamgreen wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?
nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?
Mark 10:6-9
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.
[quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god![/p][/quote]Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?[/p][/quote]nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?[/p][/quote]Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”. solomum
  • Score: 0

10:51pm Sun 18 Mar 12

opera phantom says...

solomum wrote:
teamgreen wrote:
Georgem wrote:
teamgreen wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?
nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?
Mark 10:6-9
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.
Mark was a mere mortal, just like any of us. The Bible was written by mere mortals, so why is Mark or any other biblical writers word any more important than what any one else believes? What you have quoted from Mark confirms
what I have always thought about religion. It is all about control and to succeed at control you always introduce an element of fear and retribution.
Keep a group of people uneducated, fill them up with some sort of fearful religion, then you are in control. The moment these people become more educated and begin to question what you say, then you have a problem. Religion is always about control.
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god![/p][/quote]Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?[/p][/quote]nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?[/p][/quote]Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.[/p][/quote]Mark was a mere mortal, just like any of us. The Bible was written by mere mortals, so why is Mark or any other biblical writers word any more important than what any one else believes? What you have quoted from Mark confirms what I have always thought about religion. It is all about control and to succeed at control you always introduce an element of fear and retribution. Keep a group of people uneducated, fill them up with some sort of fearful religion, then you are in control. The moment these people become more educated and begin to question what you say, then you have a problem. Religion is always about control. opera phantom
  • Score: 0

11:09pm Sun 18 Mar 12

freefinker says...

solomum wrote:
teamgreen wrote:
Georgem wrote:
teamgreen wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?
nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?
Mark 10:6-9
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.
the question was: -
'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'.

Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god![/p][/quote]Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?[/p][/quote]nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?[/p][/quote]Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.[/p][/quote]the question was: - 'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'. Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question. freefinker
  • Score: 0

11:37pm Sun 18 Mar 12

teamgreen says...

solomum wrote:
teamgreen wrote:
Georgem wrote:
teamgreen wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?
nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?
Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.
still does not say word for word does it.yet again the word of god can be misused when you want but ask for the correct version and no one can supply.if the bible is to be taken as it is written then why two testaments was the first one not done correctly?
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god![/p][/quote]Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?[/p][/quote]nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?[/p][/quote]Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.[/p][/quote]still does not say word for word does it.yet again the word of god can be misused when you want but ask for the correct version and no one can supply.if the bible is to be taken as it is written then why two testaments was the first one not done correctly? teamgreen
  • Score: 0

8:12am Mon 19 Mar 12

solomum says...

freefinker wrote:
solomum wrote:
teamgreen wrote:
Georgem wrote:
teamgreen wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?
nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?
Mark 10:6-9
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.
the question was: -
'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'.

Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.
The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god![/p][/quote]Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?[/p][/quote]nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?[/p][/quote]Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.[/p][/quote]the question was: - 'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'. Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.[/p][/quote]The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires. solomum
  • Score: 0

8:48am Mon 19 Mar 12

Taskforce 141 says...

opera phantom wrote:
Well said IronLady2010.
I don't believe in a he/she/it God. Religion is all about control.
God did not make man in his own image. MAN made God in his own image. Religion has been the cause of countless
wars which in turn causes death, injury and human and animal suffering on a huge scale. I just wish more people would wake up and give more thought to all this religious tosh.
Religion should be outlawed as a scam... the longest running scam for control, power and wealth!
[quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: Well said IronLady2010. I don't believe in a he/she/it God. Religion is all about control. God did not make man in his own image. MAN made God in his own image. Religion has been the cause of countless wars which in turn causes death, injury and human and animal suffering on a huge scale. I just wish more people would wake up and give more thought to all this religious tosh.[/p][/quote]Religion should be outlawed as a scam... the longest running scam for control, power and wealth! Taskforce 141
  • Score: 0

9:44am Mon 19 Mar 12

Shoong says...

I'm rather indifferent to this subject I must confess (I have a dim view of marriage as it is but that's another story) but if the church feels it cannot condone marriages between homosexuals then that's their business - it's their 'club' & they should be able to set the rules - not have the state interfere & force something upon them.

We certainly wouldn't want the church to push things upon us but apparently it doesn't work the other way 'round.
I'm rather indifferent to this subject I must confess (I have a dim view of marriage as it is but that's another story) but if the church feels it cannot condone marriages between homosexuals then that's their business - it's their 'club' & they should be able to set the rules - not have the state interfere & force something upon them. We certainly wouldn't want the church to push things upon us but apparently it doesn't work the other way 'round. Shoong
  • Score: 0

10:22am Mon 19 Mar 12

teamgreen says...

Shoong wrote:
I'm rather indifferent to this subject I must confess (I have a dim view of marriage as it is but that's another story) but if the church feels it cannot condone marriages between homosexuals then that's their business - it's their 'club' & they should be able to set the rules - not have the state interfere & force something upon them. We certainly wouldn't want the church to push things upon us but apparently it doesn't work the other way 'round.
most of our laws in this country come from or are based on views from the bible.even in court,join the armed services etc you swear to queen and country and to the lord.so yes if they can sets rules so can we.but no one yet has shown me the rule in the bible where it states no gay marriages.if the church does not keep up with the times they will be forced as in the the women being allowed into the clergy to allow it to happen.with people not following the church these days it would make great sense to get as many people as possible on to the side of the church not push them away ?
[quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: I'm rather indifferent to this subject I must confess (I have a dim view of marriage as it is but that's another story) but if the church feels it cannot condone marriages between homosexuals then that's their business - it's their 'club' & they should be able to set the rules - not have the state interfere & force something upon them. We certainly wouldn't want the church to push things upon us but apparently it doesn't work the other way 'round.[/p][/quote]most of our laws in this country come from or are based on views from the bible.even in court,join the armed services etc you swear to queen and country and to the lord.so yes if they can sets rules so can we.but no one yet has shown me the rule in the bible where it states no gay marriages.if the church does not keep up with the times they will be forced as in the the women being allowed into the clergy to allow it to happen.with people not following the church these days it would make great sense to get as many people as possible on to the side of the church not push them away ? teamgreen
  • Score: 0

10:51am Mon 19 Mar 12

freefinker says...

solomum wrote:
freefinker wrote:
solomum wrote:
teamgreen wrote:
Georgem wrote:
teamgreen wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?
nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?
Mark 10:6-9
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.
the question was: -
'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'.

Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.
The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.
.. oh, a biblical literalist - how very quaint.

Do grow up, this is the 21st century and the scientific enlightenment has been in progress for a good 5 centuries.

‘God's instructions’, ‘the children of this world’ – what are you talking about? Get a grip on reality would be my advice.
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god![/p][/quote]Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?[/p][/quote]nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?[/p][/quote]Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.[/p][/quote]the question was: - 'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'. Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.[/p][/quote]The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.[/p][/quote].. oh, a biblical literalist - how very quaint. Do grow up, this is the 21st century and the scientific enlightenment has been in progress for a good 5 centuries. ‘God's instructions’, ‘the children of this world’ – what are you talking about? Get a grip on reality would be my advice. freefinker
  • Score: 0

11:01am Mon 19 Mar 12

Shoong says...

teamgreen wrote:
Shoong wrote:
I'm rather indifferent to this subject I must confess (I have a dim view of marriage as it is but that's another story) but if the church feels it cannot condone marriages between homosexuals then that's their business - it's their 'club' & they should be able to set the rules - not have the state interfere & force something upon them. We certainly wouldn't want the church to push things upon us but apparently it doesn't work the other way 'round.
most of our laws in this country come from or are based on views from the bible.even in court,join the armed services etc you swear to queen and country and to the lord.so yes if they can sets rules so can we.but no one yet has shown me the rule in the bible where it states no gay marriages.if the church does not keep up with the times they will be forced as in the the women being allowed into the clergy to allow it to happen.with people not following the church these days it would make great sense to get as many people as possible on to the side of the church not push them away ?
Depends how much they are willing to compromise for want of a better word.

Do you change the fundamentals to change with the times as it where, or stick by your guns?

For me the church & marriage are dying constitutions anyway, for better or for worse.
[quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: I'm rather indifferent to this subject I must confess (I have a dim view of marriage as it is but that's another story) but if the church feels it cannot condone marriages between homosexuals then that's their business - it's their 'club' & they should be able to set the rules - not have the state interfere & force something upon them. We certainly wouldn't want the church to push things upon us but apparently it doesn't work the other way 'round.[/p][/quote]most of our laws in this country come from or are based on views from the bible.even in court,join the armed services etc you swear to queen and country and to the lord.so yes if they can sets rules so can we.but no one yet has shown me the rule in the bible where it states no gay marriages.if the church does not keep up with the times they will be forced as in the the women being allowed into the clergy to allow it to happen.with people not following the church these days it would make great sense to get as many people as possible on to the side of the church not push them away ?[/p][/quote]Depends how much they are willing to compromise for want of a better word. Do you change the fundamentals to change with the times as it where, or stick by your guns? For me the church & marriage are dying constitutions anyway, for better or for worse. Shoong
  • Score: 0

11:02am Mon 19 Mar 12

teamgreen says...

freefinker wrote:
solomum wrote:
freefinker wrote:
solomum wrote:
teamgreen wrote:
Georgem wrote:
teamgreen wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?
nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?
Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.
the question was: - 'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'. Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.
The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.
.. oh, a biblical literalist - how very quaint. Do grow up, this is the 21st century and the scientific enlightenment has been in progress for a good 5 centuries. ‘God's instructions’, ‘the children of this world’ – what are you talking about? Get a grip on reality would be my advice.
no just proving thats whats good for one is good for another.i think you need to get a grip im not for the god squad just think if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed or is freedom of speech not allowed then ?
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god![/p][/quote]Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?[/p][/quote]nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?[/p][/quote]Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.[/p][/quote]the question was: - 'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'. Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.[/p][/quote]The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.[/p][/quote].. oh, a biblical literalist - how very quaint. Do grow up, this is the 21st century and the scientific enlightenment has been in progress for a good 5 centuries. ‘God's instructions’, ‘the children of this world’ – what are you talking about? Get a grip on reality would be my advice.[/p][/quote]no just proving thats whats good for one is good for another.i think you need to get a grip im not for the god squad just think if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed or is freedom of speech not allowed then ? teamgreen
  • Score: 0

12:28pm Mon 19 Mar 12

opera phantom says...

solomum wrote:
freefinker wrote:
solomum wrote:
teamgreen wrote:
Georgem wrote:
teamgreen wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?
nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?
Mark 10:6-9
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.
the question was: -
'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'.

Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.
The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.
"The words of the Bible are God's instructions"
You have quoted that as if it were
a provable fact. It is not, it is your belief. The very word instruct means the desire to control and that is what the Church dreams of having.Complete control. As I have previously said. The Bible was written by ordinary human
beings, who were no different to you or I.
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god![/p][/quote]Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?[/p][/quote]nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?[/p][/quote]Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.[/p][/quote]the question was: - 'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'. Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.[/p][/quote]The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.[/p][/quote]"The words of the Bible are God's instructions" You have quoted that as if it were a provable fact. It is not, it is your belief. The very word instruct means the desire to control and that is what the Church dreams of having.Complete control. As I have previously said. The Bible was written by ordinary human beings, who were no different to you or I. opera phantom
  • Score: 0

12:38pm Mon 19 Mar 12

freefinker says...

.. pardon!!??

When have I said either that I disagree with 'if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed' or that my position is that 'freedom of speech (is) not allowed'?
.. pardon!!?? When have I said either that I disagree with 'if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed' or that my position is that 'freedom of speech (is) not allowed'? freefinker
  • Score: 0

12:39pm Mon 19 Mar 12

freefinker says...

teamgreen wrote:
freefinker wrote:
solomum wrote:
freefinker wrote:
solomum wrote:
teamgreen wrote:
Georgem wrote:
teamgreen wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?
nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?
Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.
the question was: - 'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'. Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.
The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.
.. oh, a biblical literalist - how very quaint. Do grow up, this is the 21st century and the scientific enlightenment has been in progress for a good 5 centuries. ‘God's instructions’, ‘the children of this world’ – what are you talking about? Get a grip on reality would be my advice.
no just proving thats whats good for one is good for another.i think you need to get a grip im not for the god squad just think if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed or is freedom of speech not allowed then ?
.. pardon!!??

When have I said either that I disagree with 'if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed' or that my position is that 'freedom of speech (is) not allowed'?
[quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god![/p][/quote]Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?[/p][/quote]nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?[/p][/quote]Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.[/p][/quote]the question was: - 'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'. Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.[/p][/quote]The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.[/p][/quote].. oh, a biblical literalist - how very quaint. Do grow up, this is the 21st century and the scientific enlightenment has been in progress for a good 5 centuries. ‘God's instructions’, ‘the children of this world’ – what are you talking about? Get a grip on reality would be my advice.[/p][/quote]no just proving thats whats good for one is good for another.i think you need to get a grip im not for the god squad just think if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed or is freedom of speech not allowed then ?[/p][/quote].. pardon!!?? When have I said either that I disagree with 'if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed' or that my position is that 'freedom of speech (is) not allowed'? freefinker
  • Score: 0

1:14pm Mon 19 Mar 12

teamgreen says...

freefinker wrote:
teamgreen wrote:
freefinker wrote:
solomum wrote:
freefinker wrote:
solomum wrote:
teamgreen wrote:
Georgem wrote:
teamgreen wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?
nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?
Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.
the question was: - 'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'. Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.
The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.
.. oh, a biblical literalist - how very quaint. Do grow up, this is the 21st century and the scientific enlightenment has been in progress for a good 5 centuries. ‘God's instructions’, ‘the children of this world’ – what are you talking about? Get a grip on reality would be my advice.
no just proving thats whats good for one is good for another.i think you need to get a grip im not for the god squad just think if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed or is freedom of speech not allowed then ?
.. pardon!!?? When have I said either that I disagree with 'if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed' or that my position is that 'freedom of speech (is) not allowed'?
then if you have no view either way dont tell people to grow up.you sound like a troll so go play under a bridge
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god![/p][/quote]Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?[/p][/quote]nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?[/p][/quote]Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.[/p][/quote]the question was: - 'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'. Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.[/p][/quote]The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.[/p][/quote].. oh, a biblical literalist - how very quaint. Do grow up, this is the 21st century and the scientific enlightenment has been in progress for a good 5 centuries. ‘God's instructions’, ‘the children of this world’ – what are you talking about? Get a grip on reality would be my advice.[/p][/quote]no just proving thats whats good for one is good for another.i think you need to get a grip im not for the god squad just think if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed or is freedom of speech not allowed then ?[/p][/quote].. pardon!!?? When have I said either that I disagree with 'if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed' or that my position is that 'freedom of speech (is) not allowed'?[/p][/quote]then if you have no view either way dont tell people to grow up.you sound like a troll so go play under a bridge teamgreen
  • Score: 0

2:26pm Mon 19 Mar 12

freefinker says...

teamgreen wrote:
freefinker wrote:
teamgreen wrote:
freefinker wrote:
solomum wrote:
freefinker wrote:
solomum wrote:
teamgreen wrote:
Georgem wrote:
teamgreen wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?
nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?
Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.
the question was: - 'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'. Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.
The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.
.. oh, a biblical literalist - how very quaint. Do grow up, this is the 21st century and the scientific enlightenment has been in progress for a good 5 centuries. ‘God's instructions’, ‘the children of this world’ – what are you talking about? Get a grip on reality would be my advice.
no just proving thats whats good for one is good for another.i think you need to get a grip im not for the god squad just think if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed or is freedom of speech not allowed then ?
.. pardon!!?? When have I said either that I disagree with 'if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed' or that my position is that 'freedom of speech (is) not allowed'?
then if you have no view either way dont tell people to grow up.you sound like a troll so go play under a bridge
.. well pardon me for daring to express MY 'freedom of speech'.

You sound a little inconsistent - hypocritical some may say.

I am perfectly entitled to express my views on the opinions of other posters - just as you are.

If I am of the opinion that a response to one of my posts presents a childish view of reality, I will continue to say so.
[quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god![/p][/quote]Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?[/p][/quote]nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?[/p][/quote]Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.[/p][/quote]the question was: - 'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'. Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.[/p][/quote]The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.[/p][/quote].. oh, a biblical literalist - how very quaint. Do grow up, this is the 21st century and the scientific enlightenment has been in progress for a good 5 centuries. ‘God's instructions’, ‘the children of this world’ – what are you talking about? Get a grip on reality would be my advice.[/p][/quote]no just proving thats whats good for one is good for another.i think you need to get a grip im not for the god squad just think if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed or is freedom of speech not allowed then ?[/p][/quote].. pardon!!?? When have I said either that I disagree with 'if people want a gay marriage then they should be allowed' or that my position is that 'freedom of speech (is) not allowed'?[/p][/quote]then if you have no view either way dont tell people to grow up.you sound like a troll so go play under a bridge[/p][/quote].. well pardon me for daring to express MY 'freedom of speech'. You sound a little inconsistent - hypocritical some may say. I am perfectly entitled to express my views on the opinions of other posters - just as you are. If I am of the opinion that a response to one of my posts presents a childish view of reality, I will continue to say so. freefinker
  • Score: 0

7:34pm Mon 19 Mar 12

solomum says...

opera phantom wrote:
solomum wrote:
freefinker wrote:
solomum wrote:
teamgreen wrote:
Georgem wrote:
teamgreen wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?
nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?
Mark 10:6-9
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.
the question was: -
'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'.

Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.
The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.
"The words of the Bible are God's instructions"
You have quoted that as if it were
a provable fact. It is not, it is your belief. The very word instruct means the desire to control and that is what the Church dreams of having.Complete control. As I have previously said. The Bible was written by ordinary human
beings, who were no different to you or I.
The word instruct has nothing at all to do with control, rather to teach someone how to do something. :)
[quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god![/p][/quote]Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?[/p][/quote]nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?[/p][/quote]Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.[/p][/quote]the question was: - 'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'. Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.[/p][/quote]The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.[/p][/quote]"The words of the Bible are God's instructions" You have quoted that as if it were a provable fact. It is not, it is your belief. The very word instruct means the desire to control and that is what the Church dreams of having.Complete control. As I have previously said. The Bible was written by ordinary human beings, who were no different to you or I.[/p][/quote]The word instruct has nothing at all to do with control, rather to teach someone how to do something. :) solomum
  • Score: 0

11:29pm Mon 19 Mar 12

opera phantom says...

solomum wrote:
opera phantom wrote:
solomum wrote:
freefinker wrote:
solomum wrote:
teamgreen wrote:
Georgem wrote:
teamgreen wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god!
Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?
nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?
Mark 10:6-9
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.
the question was: -
'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'.

Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.
The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.
"The words of the Bible are God's instructions"
You have quoted that as if it were
a provable fact. It is not, it is your belief. The very word instruct means the desire to control and that is what the Church dreams of having.Complete control. As I have previously said. The Bible was written by ordinary human
beings, who were no different to you or I.
The word instruct has nothing at all to do with control, rather to teach someone how to do something. :)
Really. Instruct also means.
To order. To Command.
Check your dictionary.
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: no to gay marriage why ? but ok to have kiddie fiddlers in the church and also cheat on partners and start wars in the name of god![/p][/quote]Yawn. When has anybody said it's OK to have kiddie fiddlers in the church?[/p][/quote]nobody did but it always has down with cover ups and lies.show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages ?[/p][/quote]Mark 10:6-9 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”.[/p][/quote]the question was: - 'show me word for word in the bible that it is not allowed to proform gay marriages'. Your quotation from Mark does NOT answer this question.[/p][/quote]The bible gives the definition of marriage. A clear instruction of what marriage is designed for. To question this is like a child eating the cake that they were told was for someone else, and then saying "well yes, I was told it was their cake but I wasn't told I couldn't eat it". The words of the bible are God's instructions, yet the children of this world will always look for ways to manipulate and change them to suit their own desires.[/p][/quote]"The words of the Bible are God's instructions" You have quoted that as if it were a provable fact. It is not, it is your belief. The very word instruct means the desire to control and that is what the Church dreams of having.Complete control. As I have previously said. The Bible was written by ordinary human beings, who were no different to you or I.[/p][/quote]The word instruct has nothing at all to do with control, rather to teach someone how to do something. :)[/p][/quote]Really. Instruct also means. To order. To Command. Check your dictionary. opera phantom
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree