When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Fire on train at Micheldever causing delays on line between Hampshire and London
A FREIGHT train on fire at Micheldever is causing massive delays on the railways.
Firefighters are on the scene but the blaze has stopped all trains passing through the station.
Crews from Winchester and Whitchurch were called to the scene at 3.42pm, after the fire started in the engine compartment of the freight liner diesel locomotive.
This has caused delays of up to 45 minutes between Basingstoke and Winchester.
South West Trains said a number of service alterations have been put in place. They are:
• Buses are replacing trains between Basingstoke and Eastleigh / Southampton Central.
• Trains between London Waterloo and Weymouth are being diverted via Havant and will not call at stations between Woking and Eastleigh.
• Trains between London Waterloo and Portsmouth Harbour via Eastleigh are only running between Eastleigh and Portsmouth Harbour.
• Trains between London Waterloo and Poole are only running between London Waterloo and Basingstoke.
• Passengers from London Waterloo for stations beyond and including Southampton Central should travel via Portsmouth Harbour services (changing at Havant).
• CrossCountry services between Basingstoke and Southampton Central may be diverted via Andover.
• Stopping services between London Waterloo and Basingstoke are currently able to run normally.