Wealthy parents of student killer jailed

Wealthy parents of student killer jailed

Emily Longley

Elliot Turner

First published in News

A wealthy jeweller and his wife who disposed of evidence to help cover up after their jealous son murdered his Hampshire student girlfriend have been jailed for 27 months each.

Elliot Turner, 20, was found guilty by a jury at Winchester Crown Court in May of murdering 17-year-old Emily Longley, a Brockenhurst College student, in his bed after going ''absolutely nuts'' in a jealous rage.

Sentencing him, Mrs Justice Dobbs said he had ''bullied, harassed, threatened and assaulted'' Emily to control her as his ''trophy'' girlfriend.

And she told him to put away thoughts of ''champagne, Bentleys and girls'' as she sentenced him to life imprisonment and told him he would serve at least 16 years in jail.

His parents Leigh, 54, and Anita, 51, were sentenced today at the same court after being found guilty of perverting the course of justice.

They helped to cover up the crime by destroying a confession letter from their son and taking away vital evidence after the killing at their home in Bournemouth, in May last year.

Their son was also sentenced to nine months, to run concurrently, for perverting the course of justice.

Comments (50)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:08am Fri 6 Jul 12

SotonLad says...

Good.
Good. SotonLad
  • Score: 0

11:12am Fri 6 Jul 12

Richard Milgate says...

So the justice system still works a bit. Nice to see.
So the justice system still works a bit. Nice to see. Richard Milgate
  • Score: 0

11:17am Fri 6 Jul 12

mansak_hunt says...

Great stuff. Hope it's hell.
Great stuff. Hope it's hell. mansak_hunt
  • Score: 0

11:22am Fri 6 Jul 12

mummsie says...

mansak_hunt wrote:
Great stuff. Hope it's hell.
Ditto !!!
[quote][p][bold]mansak_hunt[/bold] wrote: Great stuff. Hope it's hell.[/p][/quote]Ditto !!! mummsie
  • Score: 0

11:24am Fri 6 Jul 12

localnews says...

not long enough,they covered up a murder
not long enough,they covered up a murder localnews
  • Score: 0

11:43am Fri 6 Jul 12

The Salv says...

Hah, good. Always nice to see justice had.
.
Elliot turner is a sad pathetic little man, he should be branded across the forehead to warn all other women to stay away from this loser control freak.
Hah, good. Always nice to see justice had. . Elliot turner is a sad pathetic little man, he should be branded across the forehead to warn all other women to stay away from this loser control freak. The Salv
  • Score: 0

12:06pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Walter K says...

I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.
I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground. Walter K
  • Score: 0

12:22pm Fri 6 Jul 12

teamgreen says...

Walter K wrote:
I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.
we all would do anything for our children but cover up a murder ? all i can say is hahahahahaha
[quote][p][bold]Walter K[/bold] wrote: I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.[/p][/quote]we all would do anything for our children but cover up a murder ? all i can say is hahahahahaha teamgreen
  • Score: 0

12:25pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Benoodles says...

Walter K wrote:
I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.
Are you sure?

The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Walter K[/bold] wrote: I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.[/p][/quote]Are you sure? The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!! Benoodles
  • Score: 0

12:32pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Taskforce 141 says...

Benoodles wrote:
Walter K wrote:
I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.
Are you sure?

The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!!
He was their son first!

Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong.
[quote][p][bold]Benoodles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Walter K[/bold] wrote: I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.[/p][/quote]Are you sure? The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!![/p][/quote]He was their son first! Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong. Taskforce 141
  • Score: 0

1:02pm Fri 6 Jul 12

waltons11 says...

I have been in a similar position and did not even consider covering up or hiding anything. Yes I love my relative more than anything, but as the song goes "I would do anything for love but I won't do that" My relative accepts his punishment and says that it is only right that he should spend years in prison for what he did albeit not an intentional outcome. If you do the crime you MUST do the time, the vicitims family need to see justice done.
I have been in a similar position and did not even consider covering up or hiding anything. Yes I love my relative more than anything, but as the song goes "I would do anything for love but I won't do that" My relative accepts his punishment and says that it is only right that he should spend years in prison for what he did albeit not an intentional outcome. If you do the crime you MUST do the time, the vicitims family need to see justice done. waltons11
  • Score: 0

1:08pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Benoodles says...

Taskforce 141 wrote:
Benoodles wrote:
Walter K wrote:
I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.
Are you sure?

The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!!
He was their son first!

Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong.
Meet the parents of the victim and say that to them face to face.

No matter what you say he is a MURDERER!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Taskforce 141[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Benoodles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Walter K[/bold] wrote: I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.[/p][/quote]Are you sure? The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!![/p][/quote]He was their son first! Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong.[/p][/quote]Meet the parents of the victim and say that to them face to face. No matter what you say he is a MURDERER!!!!! Benoodles
  • Score: 0

1:38pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Walter K says...

Don't remember anyone on here saying that their son wasn't a MURDERER!!!!! as you put it.

The parents were put in, what I believe, was an impossible position by their son at a time when rational thought had obviously long gone out of the window.

I can honestly say that given the same circumstances, I don't know what course of action I would have taken.
Would I be pleased with the incarceration of these two if I were Emily Longley's parents?
Absolutely.
Don't remember anyone on here saying that their son wasn't a MURDERER!!!!! as you put it. The parents were put in, what I believe, was an impossible position by their son at a time when rational thought had obviously long gone out of the window. I can honestly say that given the same circumstances, I don't know what course of action I would have taken. Would I be pleased with the incarceration of these two if I were Emily Longley's parents? Absolutely. Walter K
  • Score: 0

2:00pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Georgem says...

Benoodles wrote:
Taskforce 141 wrote:
Benoodles wrote:
Walter K wrote:
I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.
Are you sure?

The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!!
He was their son first!

Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong.
Meet the parents of the victim and say that to them face to face.

No matter what you say he is a MURDERER!!!!!
Yes, he is a MURDERER!!!eleven111
!

But Walter isn't talking about him. He's talking about his parents. And he's exactly right. None of us know how we'd react in their shoes. Life isn't actually as black-and-white as the average Echo moron thinks it is.
[quote][p][bold]Benoodles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Taskforce 141[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Benoodles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Walter K[/bold] wrote: I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.[/p][/quote]Are you sure? The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!![/p][/quote]He was their son first! Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong.[/p][/quote]Meet the parents of the victim and say that to them face to face. No matter what you say he is a MURDERER!!!!![/p][/quote]Yes, he is a MURDERER!!!eleven111 ! But Walter isn't talking about him. He's talking about his parents. And he's exactly right. None of us know how we'd react in their shoes. Life isn't actually as black-and-white as the average Echo moron thinks it is. Georgem
  • Score: 0

2:03pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Benoodles says...

Then move on, slam the door on the three of them and forget they exist.
Then move on, slam the door on the three of them and forget they exist. Benoodles
  • Score: 0

2:11pm Fri 6 Jul 12

alan.of.eastleigh says...

Taskforce 141 wrote:
Benoodles wrote:
Walter K wrote: I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.
Are you sure? The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!!
He was their son first! Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong.
You are wrong. Most responsible parents would love their son depsite the crime but would not commit a crime themselves to try and ensure he got away with it.
[quote][p][bold]Taskforce 141[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Benoodles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Walter K[/bold] wrote: I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.[/p][/quote]Are you sure? The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!![/p][/quote]He was their son first! Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong.[/p][/quote]You are wrong. Most responsible parents would love their son depsite the crime but would not commit a crime themselves to try and ensure he got away with it. alan.of.eastleigh
  • Score: 0

2:15pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Georgem says...

alan.of.eastleigh wrote:
Taskforce 141 wrote:
Benoodles wrote:
Walter K wrote: I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.
Are you sure? The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!!
He was their son first! Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong.
You are wrong. Most responsible parents would love their son depsite the crime but would not commit a crime themselves to try and ensure he got away with it.
He's not wrong. You even admit it yourself. He's said there are a lot of people who would try and save their son from jail. Which there are. You go on to say "responsible parents" would not. You're talking about 2 different sets of people.

I agree, the responsible thing to do is not to cover the crime up. But unless you're completely ignorant of how human beings behave, you'll know that there are a lot of people who won't take the most responsible action.
[quote][p][bold]alan.of.eastleigh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Taskforce 141[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Benoodles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Walter K[/bold] wrote: I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.[/p][/quote]Are you sure? The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!![/p][/quote]He was their son first! Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong.[/p][/quote]You are wrong. Most responsible parents would love their son depsite the crime but would not commit a crime themselves to try and ensure he got away with it.[/p][/quote]He's not wrong. You even admit it yourself. He's said there are a lot of people who would try and save their son from jail. Which there are. You go on to say "responsible parents" would not. You're talking about 2 different sets of people. I agree, the responsible thing to do is not to cover the crime up. But unless you're completely ignorant of how human beings behave, you'll know that there are a lot of people who won't take the most responsible action. Georgem
  • Score: 0

2:28pm Fri 6 Jul 12

The Salv says...

Ban the trolls
Ban the trolls The Salv
  • Score: 0

2:35pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Solomon's Boot says...

Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think!
Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think! Solomon's Boot
  • Score: 0

2:36pm Fri 6 Jul 12

The Salv says...

Apparentley your not allowed to have a say on this subject unless a member of your close family has murdered someone.
.
What utter nonsense.
.
It's not about being a responsible parent, it's about being a decent Human being and knowing whats right or wrong. I hope that their business fails and their lives get ruined.
Apparentley your not allowed to have a say on this subject unless a member of your close family has murdered someone. . What utter nonsense. . It's not about being a responsible parent, it's about being a decent Human being and knowing whats right or wrong. I hope that their business fails and their lives get ruined. The Salv
  • Score: 0

2:43pm Fri 6 Jul 12

erica smith says...

I think it is totally reprehensible that they chose to cover up after their son's offence, which was MURDER. Yes he is their son and they should be supporting him BUT NOT by disposing of evidence etc. That is not acceptable in this day and age.......... and I hope they all have time to think about their actions. I believe the sentence given to the Murderer is not sufficient and should be extended further.........
I think it is totally reprehensible that they chose to cover up after their son's offence, which was MURDER. Yes he is their son and they should be supporting him BUT NOT by disposing of evidence etc. That is not acceptable in this day and age.......... and I hope they all have time to think about their actions. I believe the sentence given to the Murderer is not sufficient and should be extended further......... erica smith
  • Score: 0

2:44pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Georgem says...

The Salv wrote:
Ban the trolls
You WANT to be banned?
[quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Ban the trolls[/p][/quote]You WANT to be banned? Georgem
  • Score: 0

2:52pm Fri 6 Jul 12

ToastyTea says...

Solomon's Boot wrote:
Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think!
pleased because they're rich ? jealousy ? are you a idiot.
this couple certainly were if they thought they could help cover up a murder of all crimes. Scum.
[quote][p][bold]Solomon's Boot[/bold] wrote: Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think![/p][/quote]pleased because they're rich ? jealousy ? are you a idiot. this couple certainly were if they thought they could help cover up a murder of all crimes. Scum. ToastyTea
  • Score: 0

3:15pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Benoodles says...

Solomon's Boot wrote:
Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think!
What has their financial status got to do with it?

the facts are; A young girl has had her life taken away by what appears to be a selfish, control freak, who's parents tried to cover up his crime.

The outcome; A life lost and parents who will never see their daughter again!

You incentitive idiot!
[quote][p][bold]Solomon's Boot[/bold] wrote: Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think![/p][/quote]What has their financial status got to do with it? the facts are; A young girl has had her life taken away by what appears to be a selfish, control freak, who's parents tried to cover up his crime. The outcome; A life lost and parents who will never see their daughter again! You incentitive idiot! Benoodles
  • Score: 0

3:27pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Richard Milgate says...

Solomon's Boot wrote:
Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think!
Not jealousy - just wondering why all three weren't inside sooner.
[quote][p][bold]Solomon's Boot[/bold] wrote: Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think![/p][/quote]Not jealousy - just wondering why all three weren't inside sooner. Richard Milgate
  • Score: 0

3:29pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Georgem says...

Solomon's Boot wrote:
Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think!
More to the point, why did the Echo feel the need to draw attention to their wealth? As others have pointed out, it's irrelevant.
[quote][p][bold]Solomon's Boot[/bold] wrote: Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think![/p][/quote]More to the point, why did the Echo feel the need to draw attention to their wealth? As others have pointed out, it's irrelevant. Georgem
  • Score: 0

3:42pm Fri 6 Jul 12

freemantlegirl2 says...

The Salv wrote:
Ban the trolls
Why do you want to be banned?


As for this story, glad they've been jailed - covering up a crime like that is wrong... it should have been longer imho but the after effects of a criminal record and the shame should be enough to remind them for the rest of their lives.
[quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Ban the trolls[/p][/quote]Why do you want to be banned? As for this story, glad they've been jailed - covering up a crime like that is wrong... it should have been longer imho but the after effects of a criminal record and the shame should be enough to remind them for the rest of their lives. freemantlegirl2
  • Score: 0

4:11pm Fri 6 Jul 12

The Salv says...

I hope family members dont read some of the comments the trolls have posted on here sympathising with a cold blooded murderer and his parents. I would be very distrought to read those comments.
I hope family members dont read some of the comments the trolls have posted on here sympathising with a cold blooded murderer and his parents. I would be very distrought to read those comments. The Salv
  • Score: 0

4:17pm Fri 6 Jul 12

The Salv says...

Georgem wrote:
Solomon's Boot wrote:
Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think!
More to the point, why did the Echo feel the need to draw attention to their wealth? As others have pointed out, it's irrelevant.
You are a sick troll, you have over stepped the mark this time.
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Solomon's Boot[/bold] wrote: Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think![/p][/quote]More to the point, why did the Echo feel the need to draw attention to their wealth? As others have pointed out, it's irrelevant.[/p][/quote]You are a sick troll, you have over stepped the mark this time. The Salv
  • Score: 0

4:23pm Fri 6 Jul 12

The Salv says...

freemantlegirl2 wrote:
The Salv wrote:
Ban the trolls
Why do you want to be banned?


As for this story, glad they've been jailed - covering up a crime like that is wrong... it should have been longer imho but the after effects of a criminal record and the shame should be enough to remind them for the rest of their lives.
Excuse me, you condone others sympathising with the evil parents for trying to cover up a murder. You shouldnt make a joke of the subject an innocent girl was murdered by this sick sad little boy. He will always be a danger to women and one day he will be let into the world, have some sense before trying to score points of other people.
[quote][p][bold]freemantlegirl2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Ban the trolls[/p][/quote]Why do you want to be banned? As for this story, glad they've been jailed - covering up a crime like that is wrong... it should have been longer imho but the after effects of a criminal record and the shame should be enough to remind them for the rest of their lives.[/p][/quote]Excuse me, you condone others sympathising with the evil parents for trying to cover up a murder. You shouldnt make a joke of the subject an innocent girl was murdered by this sick sad little boy. He will always be a danger to women and one day he will be let into the world, have some sense before trying to score points of other people. The Salv
  • Score: 0

5:04pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Georgem says...

The Salv wrote:
Georgem wrote:
Solomon's Boot wrote:
Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think!
More to the point, why did the Echo feel the need to draw attention to their wealth? As others have pointed out, it's irrelevant.
You are a sick troll, you have over stepped the mark this time.
ORLY?
[quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Solomon's Boot[/bold] wrote: Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think![/p][/quote]More to the point, why did the Echo feel the need to draw attention to their wealth? As others have pointed out, it's irrelevant.[/p][/quote]You are a sick troll, you have over stepped the mark this time.[/p][/quote]ORLY? Georgem
  • Score: 0

5:41pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Georgem says...

The Salv wrote:
freemantlegirl2 wrote:
The Salv wrote:
Ban the trolls
Why do you want to be banned?


As for this story, glad they've been jailed - covering up a crime like that is wrong... it should have been longer imho but the after effects of a criminal record and the shame should be enough to remind them for the rest of their lives.
Excuse me, you condone others sympathising with the evil parents for trying to cover up a murder. You shouldnt make a joke of the subject an innocent girl was murdered by this sick sad little boy. He will always be a danger to women and one day he will be let into the world, have some sense before trying to score points of other people.
Reading comprehension: 1/10 try harder.
[quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freemantlegirl2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Ban the trolls[/p][/quote]Why do you want to be banned? As for this story, glad they've been jailed - covering up a crime like that is wrong... it should have been longer imho but the after effects of a criminal record and the shame should be enough to remind them for the rest of their lives.[/p][/quote]Excuse me, you condone others sympathising with the evil parents for trying to cover up a murder. You shouldnt make a joke of the subject an innocent girl was murdered by this sick sad little boy. He will always be a danger to women and one day he will be let into the world, have some sense before trying to score points of other people.[/p][/quote]Reading comprehension: 1/10 try harder. Georgem
  • Score: 0

5:50pm Fri 6 Jul 12

BillyTheKid says...

Georgem wrote:
Solomon's Boot wrote:
Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think!
More to the point, why did the Echo feel the need to draw attention to their wealth? As others have pointed out, it's irrelevant.
"William Zanzinger killed poor Hattie Carroll,
With a cane that he twirled round his diamond-ringed finger........" Bob Dylan. It's all about how some wealthy people think they are above the law, and can get away with crime.

That's why the Echo drew attention to their wealth.
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Solomon's Boot[/bold] wrote: Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think![/p][/quote]More to the point, why did the Echo feel the need to draw attention to their wealth? As others have pointed out, it's irrelevant.[/p][/quote]"William Zanzinger killed poor Hattie Carroll, With a cane that he twirled round his diamond-ringed finger........" Bob Dylan. It's all about how some wealthy people think they are above the law, and can get away with crime. That's why the Echo drew attention to their wealth. BillyTheKid
  • Score: 0

6:23pm Fri 6 Jul 12

freemantlegirl2 says...

Georgem wrote:
The Salv wrote:
freemantlegirl2 wrote:
The Salv wrote:
Ban the trolls
Why do you want to be banned?


As for this story, glad they've been jailed - covering up a crime like that is wrong... it should have been longer imho but the after effects of a criminal record and the shame should be enough to remind them for the rest of their lives.
Excuse me, you condone others sympathising with the evil parents for trying to cover up a murder. You shouldnt make a joke of the subject an innocent girl was murdered by this sick sad little boy. He will always be a danger to women and one day he will be let into the world, have some sense before trying to score points of other people.
Reading comprehension: 1/10 try harder.
He never knows what he's talking about Georgem ;)lol. It's nil pois from me :P

I haven't condoned others for sympathising at all - doh!
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freemantlegirl2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Ban the trolls[/p][/quote]Why do you want to be banned? As for this story, glad they've been jailed - covering up a crime like that is wrong... it should have been longer imho but the after effects of a criminal record and the shame should be enough to remind them for the rest of their lives.[/p][/quote]Excuse me, you condone others sympathising with the evil parents for trying to cover up a murder. You shouldnt make a joke of the subject an innocent girl was murdered by this sick sad little boy. He will always be a danger to women and one day he will be let into the world, have some sense before trying to score points of other people.[/p][/quote]Reading comprehension: 1/10 try harder.[/p][/quote]He never knows what he's talking about Georgem ;)lol. It's nil pois from me :P I haven't condoned others for sympathising at all - doh! freemantlegirl2
  • Score: 0

7:11pm Fri 6 Jul 12

BenjiWinsor says...

I would never ever even consider covering up a murder my child committed. Not only would I not, but I would report them myself if I knew about the crime. Someone innocent died here! I would love my child whatever they did, would provide emotional support and practical support through the court process and prison term and rehabilitation afterwards but you are not a good parent if you fail to allow your child to take responsibility for their own actions and learn from their own mistakes. Its one of the hardest parts of parenting, but essential.
I would never ever even consider covering up a murder my child committed. Not only would I not, but I would report them myself if I knew about the crime. Someone innocent died here! I would love my child whatever they did, would provide emotional support and practical support through the court process and prison term and rehabilitation afterwards but you are not a good parent if you fail to allow your child to take responsibility for their own actions and learn from their own mistakes. Its one of the hardest parts of parenting, but essential. BenjiWinsor
  • Score: 0

7:18pm Fri 6 Jul 12

GX Saint says...

Benoodles wrote:
Solomon's Boot wrote:
Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think!
What has their financial status got to do with it?

the facts are; A young girl has had her life taken away by what appears to be a selfish, control freak, who's parents tried to cover up his crime.

The outcome; A life lost and parents who will never see their daughter again!

You incentitive idiot!
I was following your argument carefully and then you go and spoil it all by inventing a word. Incentitive?
[quote][p][bold]Benoodles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Solomon's Boot[/bold] wrote: Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think![/p][/quote]What has their financial status got to do with it? the facts are; A young girl has had her life taken away by what appears to be a selfish, control freak, who's parents tried to cover up his crime. The outcome; A life lost and parents who will never see their daughter again! You incentitive idiot![/p][/quote]I was following your argument carefully and then you go and spoil it all by inventing a word. Incentitive? GX Saint
  • Score: 0

8:21pm Fri 6 Jul 12

jazzi says...

This should be a lesson for all parents who just can't say no !!!
STOP spoiling your kids as they grow into vile adults with no concept of consequences to actions. WE THE TAX PAYER have to wipe up your mess and foot the prison and social bills.
Make DOMESTIC VIOLENCE illegal !!!!!
This should be a lesson for all parents who just can't say no !!! STOP spoiling your kids as they grow into vile adults with no concept of consequences to actions. WE THE TAX PAYER have to wipe up your mess and foot the prison and social bills. Make DOMESTIC VIOLENCE illegal !!!!! jazzi
  • Score: 0

8:25pm Fri 6 Jul 12

opera phantom says...

Georgem wrote:
Benoodles wrote:
Taskforce 141 wrote:
Benoodles wrote:
Walter K wrote:
I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.
Are you sure?

The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!!
He was their son first!

Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong.
Meet the parents of the victim and say that to them face to face.

No matter what you say he is a MURDERER!!!!!
Yes, he is a MURDERER!!!eleven111

!

But Walter isn't talking about him. He's talking about his parents. And he's exactly right. None of us know how we'd react in their shoes. Life isn't actually as black-and-white as the average Echo moron thinks it is.
When it comes to perverting the course of justice, it is black and white. You always end up in prison.
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Benoodles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Taskforce 141[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Benoodles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Walter K[/bold] wrote: I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.[/p][/quote]Are you sure? The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!![/p][/quote]He was their son first! Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong.[/p][/quote]Meet the parents of the victim and say that to them face to face. No matter what you say he is a MURDERER!!!!![/p][/quote]Yes, he is a MURDERER!!!eleven111 ! But Walter isn't talking about him. He's talking about his parents. And he's exactly right. None of us know how we'd react in their shoes. Life isn't actually as black-and-white as the average Echo moron thinks it is.[/p][/quote]When it comes to perverting the course of justice, it is black and white. You always end up in prison. opera phantom
  • Score: 0

8:26pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Georgem says...

opera phantom wrote:
Georgem wrote:
Benoodles wrote:
Taskforce 141 wrote:
Benoodles wrote:
Walter K wrote:
I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.
Are you sure?

The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!!
He was their son first!

Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong.
Meet the parents of the victim and say that to them face to face.

No matter what you say he is a MURDERER!!!!!
Yes, he is a MURDERER!!!eleven111


!

But Walter isn't talking about him. He's talking about his parents. And he's exactly right. None of us know how we'd react in their shoes. Life isn't actually as black-and-white as the average Echo moron thinks it is.
When it comes to perverting the course of justice, it is black and white. You always end up in prison.
Really? In other news, would you like to buy some of these magic beans?
[quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Benoodles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Taskforce 141[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Benoodles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Walter K[/bold] wrote: I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.[/p][/quote]Are you sure? The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!![/p][/quote]He was their son first! Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong.[/p][/quote]Meet the parents of the victim and say that to them face to face. No matter what you say he is a MURDERER!!!!![/p][/quote]Yes, he is a MURDERER!!!eleven111 ! But Walter isn't talking about him. He's talking about his parents. And he's exactly right. None of us know how we'd react in their shoes. Life isn't actually as black-and-white as the average Echo moron thinks it is.[/p][/quote]When it comes to perverting the course of justice, it is black and white. You always end up in prison.[/p][/quote]Really? In other news, would you like to buy some of these magic beans? Georgem
  • Score: 0

8:31pm Fri 6 Jul 12

mack chinnon says...

BillyTheKid wrote:
Georgem wrote:
Solomon's Boot wrote:
Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think!
More to the point, why did the Echo feel the need to draw attention to their wealth? As others have pointed out, it's irrelevant.
"William Zanzinger killed poor Hattie Carroll,
With a cane that he twirled round his diamond-ringed finger........" Bob Dylan. It's all about how some wealthy people think they are above the law, and can get away with crime.

That's why the Echo drew attention to their wealth.
Dik, do one.
[quote][p][bold]BillyTheKid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Solomon's Boot[/bold] wrote: Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think![/p][/quote]More to the point, why did the Echo feel the need to draw attention to their wealth? As others have pointed out, it's irrelevant.[/p][/quote]"William Zanzinger killed poor Hattie Carroll, With a cane that he twirled round his diamond-ringed finger........" Bob Dylan. It's all about how some wealthy people think they are above the law, and can get away with crime. That's why the Echo drew attention to their wealth.[/p][/quote]Dik, do one. mack chinnon
  • Score: 0

9:17pm Fri 6 Jul 12

Condor Man says...

I expect these people thought they were invincible, now they are worthless. Reputations in tatters, all to protect their son from his heinous acts.
I expect these people thought they were invincible, now they are worthless. Reputations in tatters, all to protect their son from his heinous acts. Condor Man
  • Score: 0

10:06pm Fri 6 Jul 12

waltons11 says...

BenjiWinsor wrote:
I would never ever even consider covering up a murder my child committed. Not only would I not, but I would report them myself if I knew about the crime. Someone innocent died here! I would love my child whatever they did, would provide emotional support and practical support through the court process and prison term and rehabilitation afterwards but you are not a good parent if you fail to allow your child to take responsibility for their own actions and learn from their own mistakes. Its one of the hardest parts of parenting, but essential.
That is exactly how it is for most people who are unfortunate to find themselves in this position. You offer love and support but never a cover up, and to be honest it should not be expected of you either.
[quote][p][bold]BenjiWinsor[/bold] wrote: I would never ever even consider covering up a murder my child committed. Not only would I not, but I would report them myself if I knew about the crime. Someone innocent died here! I would love my child whatever they did, would provide emotional support and practical support through the court process and prison term and rehabilitation afterwards but you are not a good parent if you fail to allow your child to take responsibility for their own actions and learn from their own mistakes. Its one of the hardest parts of parenting, but essential.[/p][/quote]That is exactly how it is for most people who are unfortunate to find themselves in this position. You offer love and support but never a cover up, and to be honest it should not be expected of you either. waltons11
  • Score: 0

9:47am Sat 7 Jul 12

Benoodles says...

GX Saint wrote:
Benoodles wrote:
Solomon's Boot wrote:
Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think!
What has their financial status got to do with it?

the facts are; A young girl has had her life taken away by what appears to be a selfish, control freak, who's parents tried to cover up his crime.

The outcome; A life lost and parents who will never see their daughter again!

You incentitive idiot!
I was following your argument carefully and then you go and spoil it all by inventing a word. Incentitive?
apologies for my error, it is of course of no importance, anger just took over grammatical correctness!
[quote][p][bold]GX Saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Benoodles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Solomon's Boot[/bold] wrote: Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you're pleased because justice is done, or are you merely pleased because they're rich? A touch of jealousy, I think![/p][/quote]What has their financial status got to do with it? the facts are; A young girl has had her life taken away by what appears to be a selfish, control freak, who's parents tried to cover up his crime. The outcome; A life lost and parents who will never see their daughter again! You incentitive idiot![/p][/quote]I was following your argument carefully and then you go and spoil it all by inventing a word. Incentitive?[/p][/quote]apologies for my error, it is of course of no importance, anger just took over grammatical correctness! Benoodles
  • Score: 0

10:59am Sat 7 Jul 12

simaster says...

i would hope mu parents helped me, in anway they could, by help i would expect loving support, NOT helping me to make the situation WORSE....
i would hope mu parents helped me, in anway they could, by help i would expect loving support, NOT helping me to make the situation WORSE.... simaster
  • Score: 0

11:18am Sat 7 Jul 12

The Salv says...

Some of you have disgusted me today with your comments on here, your a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourselfs. So regulars will already know what your like but you have been extremely incentive and insulting and should be ashamed of yourselves. Is it really that impossible for you to make comments without insulting other contributers for personal point scoring, an innocent girl was murdered, show some respect.
Some of you have disgusted me today with your comments on here, your a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourselfs. So regulars will already know what your like but you have been extremely incentive and insulting and should be ashamed of yourselves. Is it really that impossible for you to make comments without insulting other contributers for personal point scoring, an innocent girl was murdered, show some respect. The Salv
  • Score: 0

11:22am Sat 7 Jul 12

opera phantom says...

Georgem wrote:
opera phantom wrote:
Georgem wrote:
Benoodles wrote:
Taskforce 141 wrote:
Benoodles wrote:
Walter K wrote:
I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.
Are you sure?

The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!!
He was their son first!

Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong.
Meet the parents of the victim and say that to them face to face.

No matter what you say he is a MURDERER!!!!!
Yes, he is a MURDERER!!!eleven111



!

But Walter isn't talking about him. He's talking about his parents. And he's exactly right. None of us know how we'd react in their shoes. Life isn't actually as black-and-white as the average Echo moron thinks it is.
When it comes to perverting the course of justice, it is black and white. You always end up in prison.
Really? In other news, would you like to buy some of these magic beans?
Dismissed
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Benoodles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Taskforce 141[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Benoodles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Walter K[/bold] wrote: I am in no way condoning their actions, but unless you've been put in the incredibly difficult position that they were put in by the person they loved most in the world it's easy to take the moral high ground.[/p][/quote]Are you sure? The person they loved most in the world was a MURDERER!!!!!![/p][/quote]He was their son first! Again I am not condoning their actions and they should be punished, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have tried to save their son from jail, even if they knew his actions were wrong.[/p][/quote]Meet the parents of the victim and say that to them face to face. No matter what you say he is a MURDERER!!!!![/p][/quote]Yes, he is a MURDERER!!!eleven111 ! But Walter isn't talking about him. He's talking about his parents. And he's exactly right. None of us know how we'd react in their shoes. Life isn't actually as black-and-white as the average Echo moron thinks it is.[/p][/quote]When it comes to perverting the course of justice, it is black and white. You always end up in prison.[/p][/quote]Really? In other news, would you like to buy some of these magic beans?[/p][/quote]Dismissed opera phantom
  • Score: 0

7:16pm Sat 7 Jul 12

Georgem says...

The Salv wrote:
Some of you have disgusted me today with your comments on here, your a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourselfs. So regulars will already know what your like but you have been extremely incentive and insulting and should be ashamed of yourselves. Is it really that impossible for you to make comments without insulting other contributers for personal point scoring, an innocent girl was murdered, show some respect.
Hmmm. Incentive, eh? A very similar spelling mistake to another, similarly "outraged" troll on this page. Your sock puppets are showing, salv!
[quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Some of you have disgusted me today with your comments on here, your a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourselfs. So regulars will already know what your like but you have been extremely incentive and insulting and should be ashamed of yourselves. Is it really that impossible for you to make comments without insulting other contributers for personal point scoring, an innocent girl was murdered, show some respect.[/p][/quote]Hmmm. Incentive, eh? A very similar spelling mistake to another, similarly "outraged" troll on this page. Your sock puppets are showing, salv! Georgem
  • Score: 0

7:17pm Sat 7 Jul 12

Georgem says...

The Salv wrote:
Some of you have disgusted me today with your comments on here, your a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourselfs. So regulars will already know what your like but you have been extremely incentive and insulting and should be ashamed of yourselves. Is it really that impossible for you to make comments without insulting other contributers for personal point scoring, an innocent girl was murdered, show some respect.
Benoodles + The Salv = the same person. Poor guy, too much pretend anger for one personality.
[quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Some of you have disgusted me today with your comments on here, your a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourselfs. So regulars will already know what your like but you have been extremely incentive and insulting and should be ashamed of yourselves. Is it really that impossible for you to make comments without insulting other contributers for personal point scoring, an innocent girl was murdered, show some respect.[/p][/quote]Benoodles + The Salv = the same person. Poor guy, too much pretend anger for one personality. Georgem
  • Score: 0

8:16pm Sat 7 Jul 12

The Salv says...

Georgem wrote:
The Salv wrote:
Some of you have disgusted me today with your comments on here, your a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourselfs. So regulars will already know what your like but you have been extremely incentive and insulting and should be ashamed of yourselves. Is it really that impossible for you to make comments without insulting other contributers for personal point scoring, an innocent girl was murdered, show some respect.
Benoodles + The Salv = the same person. Poor guy, too much pretend anger for one personality.
You are a low life troll georgem
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Some of you have disgusted me today with your comments on here, your a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourselfs. So regulars will already know what your like but you have been extremely incentive and insulting and should be ashamed of yourselves. Is it really that impossible for you to make comments without insulting other contributers for personal point scoring, an innocent girl was murdered, show some respect.[/p][/quote]Benoodles + The Salv = the same person. Poor guy, too much pretend anger for one personality.[/p][/quote]You are a low life troll georgem The Salv
  • Score: 0

10:46pm Sat 7 Jul 12

Georgem says...

The Salv wrote:
Georgem wrote:
The Salv wrote:
Some of you have disgusted me today with your comments on here, your a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourselfs. So regulars will already know what your like but you have been extremely incentive and insulting and should be ashamed of yourselves. Is it really that impossible for you to make comments without insulting other contributers for personal point scoring, an innocent girl was murdered, show some respect.
Benoodles + The Salv = the same person. Poor guy, too much pretend anger for one personality.
You are a low life troll georgem
The defence rests.
[quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Some of you have disgusted me today with your comments on here, your a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourselfs. So regulars will already know what your like but you have been extremely incentive and insulting and should be ashamed of yourselves. Is it really that impossible for you to make comments without insulting other contributers for personal point scoring, an innocent girl was murdered, show some respect.[/p][/quote]Benoodles + The Salv = the same person. Poor guy, too much pretend anger for one personality.[/p][/quote]You are a low life troll georgem[/p][/quote]The defence rests. Georgem
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree