Naked rambler Stephen Gough arrested again

Stephen Gough, the naked rambler

Stephen Gough, the naked rambler

First published in News Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Senior Features Writer

A HAMPSHIRE man dubbed the Naked Rambler is back in prison - after having just three days of freedom.

Stephen Gough, from Eastleigh , has been arrested in Fife, Scotland, and has been remanded in custody.

Police swooped and arrested the 53-year-old former Royal Marine for breach of the peace after complaints from members of the public.

He will appear before the Sheriff's court on Monday.

The naturist has spent six years in solitary confinement - simply for refusing to wear any clothes.

Convicted 17 times in ten years for breaches of the peace, defiant Gough was freed from Perth prison in Scotland on Tuesday from Perth Prison in Scotland but was allowed to go on his way in an apparent shift in police policy .

Comments (62)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:48pm Fri 20 Jul 12

Georgem says...

FFS leave the poor guy alone. How about concentrating on some ACTUAL crime?
FFS leave the poor guy alone. How about concentrating on some ACTUAL crime? Georgem
  • Score: 0

5:13pm Fri 20 Jul 12

IronLady2010 says...

Well there's a surprise, put some clothes on and go visit your children if you care about them. Weirdo!
Well there's a surprise, put some clothes on and go visit your children if you care about them. Weirdo! IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

5:21pm Fri 20 Jul 12

davy1966 says...

Georgem wrote:
FFS leave the poor guy alone. How about concentrating on some ACTUAL crime?
Could not agree more BUT then it is an easy collar for the police........
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: FFS leave the poor guy alone. How about concentrating on some ACTUAL crime?[/p][/quote]Could not agree more BUT then it is an easy collar for the police........ davy1966
  • Score: 0

5:26pm Fri 20 Jul 12

Solomon's Boot says...

............Or collarLESS as he's not wearing anything!
............Or collarLESS as he's not wearing anything! Solomon's Boot
  • Score: 0

5:26pm Fri 20 Jul 12

IronLady2010 says...

I wouldn't be so concerned if the guy was a student with no responsibilities, but this guy has two kids he hasn't seen in years.

Do you not think if he were normal he'd do all he can to see his kids and support them?

Many on here bash irresponsible parenting, here is a classic example of being an irresponsible parent. All he has to do is wear some clothes until he see's his children, he can't even do that.
I wouldn't be so concerned if the guy was a student with no responsibilities, but this guy has two kids he hasn't seen in years. Do you not think if he were normal he'd do all he can to see his kids and support them? Many on here bash irresponsible parenting, here is a classic example of being an irresponsible parent. All he has to do is wear some clothes until he see's his children, he can't even do that. IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

5:34pm Fri 20 Jul 12

freemantlegirl2 says...

Dear Mr Gough, as so many are upset by the sight of your todger could you possibly invest in a 'thong' to cover up your modesty, you'd still be naked? (almost)

There are many fathers who haven't seen their children in years, some through fault of their own and others through no fault of their own....

as an ex-marine it does appear that he has some type of illness perhaps. Has anyone thought about helping him instead of locking him up!?
Dear Mr Gough, as so many are upset by the sight of your todger could you possibly invest in a 'thong' to cover up your modesty, you'd still be naked? (almost) There are many fathers who haven't seen their children in years, some through fault of their own and others through no fault of their own.... as an ex-marine it does appear that he has some type of illness perhaps. Has anyone thought about helping him instead of locking him up!? freemantlegirl2
  • Score: 0

5:46pm Fri 20 Jul 12

egghead65 says...

rapist and murderers do less time for their crimes.
rapist and murderers do less time for their crimes. egghead65
  • Score: 0

5:49pm Fri 20 Jul 12

Solomon's Boot says...

Georgem wrote:
FFS leave the poor guy alone. How about concentrating on some ACTUAL crime?
The police would be able to concentrate on 'actual crime' if this waste of space would grow up!
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: FFS leave the poor guy alone. How about concentrating on some ACTUAL crime?[/p][/quote]The police would be able to concentrate on 'actual crime' if this waste of space would grow up! Solomon's Boot
  • Score: 0

5:53pm Fri 20 Jul 12

sotonbusdriver says...

It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about.
This guy is doing no harm to anyone..
I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! !
What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...
It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about. This guy is doing no harm to anyone.. I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! ! What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked... sotonbusdriver
  • Score: 0

5:58pm Fri 20 Jul 12

IronLady2010 says...

sotonbusdriver wrote:
It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about.
This guy is doing no harm to anyone..
I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! !
What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...
I'd think, I'll avoid the place.

It's about choice, if this man wants to be naked, fine. Do it somewhere appropriate, but go see your kids first!
[quote][p][bold]sotonbusdriver[/bold] wrote: It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about. This guy is doing no harm to anyone.. I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! ! What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...[/p][/quote]I'd think, I'll avoid the place. It's about choice, if this man wants to be naked, fine. Do it somewhere appropriate, but go see your kids first! IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

6:16pm Fri 20 Jul 12

bigfella777 says...

This is ridiculous, they should take him back to his home.He clearly needs help.
This is ridiculous, they should take him back to his home.He clearly needs help. bigfella777
  • Score: 0

6:48pm Fri 20 Jul 12

sarfhamton says...

Isn't a bit cold for all this nonsense ?
Isn't a bit cold for all this nonsense ? sarfhamton
  • Score: 0

6:54pm Fri 20 Jul 12

freemantlegirl2 says...

sotonbusdriver wrote:
It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about.
This guy is doing no harm to anyone..
I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! !
What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...
I agree but it could be upsetting for children to see a naked man totally unexpectedly and unprepared. If you were walking on a nudist beach you would be 'expecting' it. Personally I'm not offended whatsoever.

However, perhaps Mr Gough should think about relocating to France - people often seek out others who are more accepting - this could be the answer.

He may have a disorder but as you say he's harmless really. It's so sad he's spent all that time in prison :( it has really served no purpose whatsoever...
[quote][p][bold]sotonbusdriver[/bold] wrote: It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about. This guy is doing no harm to anyone.. I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! ! What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...[/p][/quote]I agree but it could be upsetting for children to see a naked man totally unexpectedly and unprepared. If you were walking on a nudist beach you would be 'expecting' it. Personally I'm not offended whatsoever. However, perhaps Mr Gough should think about relocating to France - people often seek out others who are more accepting - this could be the answer. He may have a disorder but as you say he's harmless really. It's so sad he's spent all that time in prison :( it has really served no purpose whatsoever... freemantlegirl2
  • Score: 0

7:00pm Fri 20 Jul 12

IronLady2010 says...

freemantlegirl2 wrote:
sotonbusdriver wrote:
It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about.
This guy is doing no harm to anyone..
I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! !
What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...
I agree but it could be upsetting for children to see a naked man totally unexpectedly and unprepared. If you were walking on a nudist beach you would be 'expecting' it. Personally I'm not offended whatsoever.

However, perhaps Mr Gough should think about relocating to France - people often seek out others who are more accepting - this could be the answer.

He may have a disorder but as you say he's harmless really. It's so sad he's spent all that time in prison :( it has really served no purpose whatsoever...
I agree that prison is wrong for this man, he needs therapy to allow him to overcome this 'need' to want to perform in front of everyone.

He is blatantly crying out for help and just getting locked up, he should be sectioned under the Mental Health Act and given proper treatment.

Maybe then, he can return to his teenage children and apologise for embarrassing them.
[quote][p][bold]freemantlegirl2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonbusdriver[/bold] wrote: It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about. This guy is doing no harm to anyone.. I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! ! What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...[/p][/quote]I agree but it could be upsetting for children to see a naked man totally unexpectedly and unprepared. If you were walking on a nudist beach you would be 'expecting' it. Personally I'm not offended whatsoever. However, perhaps Mr Gough should think about relocating to France - people often seek out others who are more accepting - this could be the answer. He may have a disorder but as you say he's harmless really. It's so sad he's spent all that time in prison :( it has really served no purpose whatsoever...[/p][/quote]I agree that prison is wrong for this man, he needs therapy to allow him to overcome this 'need' to want to perform in front of everyone. He is blatantly crying out for help and just getting locked up, he should be sectioned under the Mental Health Act and given proper treatment. Maybe then, he can return to his teenage children and apologise for embarrassing them. IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

7:32pm Fri 20 Jul 12

dango says...

why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill.
why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill. dango
  • Score: 0

8:11pm Fri 20 Jul 12

Fatty x Ford Worker says...

I f I was him i would live in a zoo with the monkeys!
I f I was him i would live in a zoo with the monkeys! Fatty x Ford Worker
  • Score: 0

8:13pm Fri 20 Jul 12

Inform Al says...

dango wrote:
why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill.
And some to$$ers ENJOY sex with children, are you saying they are not sick then. This total waste of space should be cared for in a secure mental hospital until he has learned how to dress himself.
[quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill.[/p][/quote]And some to$$ers ENJOY sex with children, are you saying they are not sick then. This total waste of space should be cared for in a secure mental hospital until he has learned how to dress himself. Inform Al
  • Score: 0

8:23pm Fri 20 Jul 12

opera phantom says...

Georgem wrote:
FFS leave the poor guy alone. How about concentrating on some ACTUAL crime?
What he did is a criminal offence.
That makes it an ACTUAL crime
Do you think that the police should ignore complaints from the public?
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: FFS leave the poor guy alone. How about concentrating on some ACTUAL crime?[/p][/quote]What he did is a criminal offence. That makes it an ACTUAL crime Do you think that the police should ignore complaints from the public? opera phantom
  • Score: 0

8:27pm Fri 20 Jul 12

opera phantom says...

sotonbusdriver wrote:
It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about.
This guy is doing no harm to anyone..
I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! !
What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...
So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think
he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong?
[quote][p][bold]sotonbusdriver[/bold] wrote: It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about. This guy is doing no harm to anyone.. I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! ! What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...[/p][/quote]So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong? opera phantom
  • Score: 0

8:33pm Fri 20 Jul 12

IronLady2010 says...

opera phantom wrote:
sotonbusdriver wrote:
It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about.
This guy is doing no harm to anyone..
I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! !
What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...
So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think
he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong?
Of course he is doing no wrong, we all do it every single day? He is normal, we are the weirdos!
[quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonbusdriver[/bold] wrote: It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about. This guy is doing no harm to anyone.. I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! ! What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...[/p][/quote]So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong?[/p][/quote]Of course he is doing no wrong, we all do it every single day? He is normal, we are the weirdos! IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

8:43pm Fri 20 Jul 12

Georgem says...

Inform Al wrote:
dango wrote:
why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill.
And some to$$ers ENJOY sex with children, are you saying they are not sick then. This total waste of space should be cared for in a secure mental hospital until he has learned how to dress himself.
He should be locked up because OTHER PEOPLE have sex with children? What?
[quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill.[/p][/quote]And some to$$ers ENJOY sex with children, are you saying they are not sick then. This total waste of space should be cared for in a secure mental hospital until he has learned how to dress himself.[/p][/quote]He should be locked up because OTHER PEOPLE have sex with children? What? Georgem
  • Score: 0

8:58pm Fri 20 Jul 12

Georgem says...

opera phantom wrote:
sotonbusdriver wrote:
It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about.
This guy is doing no harm to anyone..
I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! !
What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...
So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think
he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong?
But he hasn't. So that's irrelevant. Don't play the "the children!" card, it reveals that you have no point. You might as well say "so if he pulled out a shotgun and killed the Queen, you'd think he wasn't doing any harm?"
[quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonbusdriver[/bold] wrote: It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about. This guy is doing no harm to anyone.. I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! ! What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...[/p][/quote]So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong?[/p][/quote]But he hasn't. So that's irrelevant. Don't play the "the children!" card, it reveals that you have no point. You might as well say "so if he pulled out a shotgun and killed the Queen, you'd think he wasn't doing any harm?" Georgem
  • Score: 0

9:09pm Fri 20 Jul 12

Sir Ad E Noid says...

Georgem wrote:
opera phantom wrote:
sotonbusdriver wrote:
It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about.
This guy is doing no harm to anyone..
I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! !
What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...
So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think
he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong?
But he hasn't. So that's irrelevant. Don't play the "the children!" card, it reveals that you have no point. You might as well say "so if he pulled out a shotgun and killed the Queen, you'd think he wasn't doing any harm?"
The social norm, I am afraid, is that you have to cover up your bits in a public place or road. That cover could be the flimsiest piece of dental floss going, but cover up you must. I am glad he is back inside. If he is ill, he needs help and the state must pay for the help he receives. If he is not ill and is being wilfully disobedient, enjoy your porridge. He is going, thankfully, no where soon.
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonbusdriver[/bold] wrote: It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about. This guy is doing no harm to anyone.. I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! ! What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...[/p][/quote]So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong?[/p][/quote]But he hasn't. So that's irrelevant. Don't play the "the children!" card, it reveals that you have no point. You might as well say "so if he pulled out a shotgun and killed the Queen, you'd think he wasn't doing any harm?"[/p][/quote]The social norm, I am afraid, is that you have to cover up your bits in a public place or road. That cover could be the flimsiest piece of dental floss going, but cover up you must. I am glad he is back inside. If he is ill, he needs help and the state must pay for the help he receives. If he is not ill and is being wilfully disobedient, enjoy your porridge. He is going, thankfully, no where soon. Sir Ad E Noid
  • Score: 0

9:12pm Fri 20 Jul 12

Sir Ad E Noid says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
sotonbusdriver wrote:
It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about.
This guy is doing no harm to anyone..
I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! !
What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...
I'd think, I'll avoid the place.

It's about choice, if this man wants to be naked, fine. Do it somewhere appropriate, but go see your kids first!
Driver, you need to read your post. That is a naturist commune that is vast, but everybody knows the rules. Naked people are the norm. This is completely different.
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonbusdriver[/bold] wrote: It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about. This guy is doing no harm to anyone.. I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! ! What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...[/p][/quote]I'd think, I'll avoid the place. It's about choice, if this man wants to be naked, fine. Do it somewhere appropriate, but go see your kids first![/p][/quote]Driver, you need to read your post. That is a naturist commune that is vast, but everybody knows the rules. Naked people are the norm. This is completely different. Sir Ad E Noid
  • Score: 0

9:21pm Fri 20 Jul 12

opera phantom says...

Georgem wrote:
opera phantom wrote:
sotonbusdriver wrote:
It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about.
This guy is doing no harm to anyone..
I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! !
What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...
So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think
he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong?
But he hasn't. So that's irrelevant. Don't play the "the children!" card, it reveals that you have no point. You might as well say "so if he pulled out a shotgun and killed the Queen, you'd think he wasn't doing any harm?"
But you said that he wasn't doing any harm to anyone. How do you know what the public complaints.were about?
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonbusdriver[/bold] wrote: It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about. This guy is doing no harm to anyone.. I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! ! What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...[/p][/quote]So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong?[/p][/quote]But he hasn't. So that's irrelevant. Don't play the "the children!" card, it reveals that you have no point. You might as well say "so if he pulled out a shotgun and killed the Queen, you'd think he wasn't doing any harm?"[/p][/quote]But you said that he wasn't doing any harm to anyone. How do you know what the public complaints.were about? opera phantom
  • Score: 0

9:25pm Fri 20 Jul 12

opera phantom says...

opera phantom wrote:
Georgem wrote:
opera phantom wrote:
sotonbusdriver wrote:
It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about.
This guy is doing no harm to anyone..
I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! !
What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...
So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think
he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong?
But he hasn't. So that's irrelevant. Don't play the "the children!" card, it reveals that you have no point. You might as well say "so if he pulled out a shotgun and killed the Queen, you'd think he wasn't doing any harm?"
But you said that he wasn't doing any harm to anyone. How do you know what the public complaints.were about?
My apologies. sotonbus driver said that he wasn't doing any harm to anyone.
How does he know that Gough wasn't doing any harm to any one?
[quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonbusdriver[/bold] wrote: It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about. This guy is doing no harm to anyone.. I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! ! What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...[/p][/quote]So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong?[/p][/quote]But he hasn't. So that's irrelevant. Don't play the "the children!" card, it reveals that you have no point. You might as well say "so if he pulled out a shotgun and killed the Queen, you'd think he wasn't doing any harm?"[/p][/quote]But you said that he wasn't doing any harm to anyone. How do you know what the public complaints.were about?[/p][/quote]My apologies. sotonbus driver said that he wasn't doing any harm to anyone. How does he know that Gough wasn't doing any harm to any one? opera phantom
  • Score: 0

9:29pm Fri 20 Jul 12

IronLady2010 says...

Look, if you agree with walking around naked, do it yourself!

I bet no-one on these boards would do it! So why suggest it's ok?
Look, if you agree with walking around naked, do it yourself! I bet no-one on these boards would do it! So why suggest it's ok? IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

9:57pm Fri 20 Jul 12

lilbitofjodi , Eastleigh says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
Look, if you agree with walking around naked, do it yourself!

I bet no-one on these boards would do it! So why suggest it's ok?
I couldn't of said it better my self. This man needs help. It is not normal behaviour walking round naked, and I don't blame people for being scared and making complaints about this man, and I'm sure people won't want there young children seeing that at such young ages.
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: Look, if you agree with walking around naked, do it yourself! I bet no-one on these boards would do it! So why suggest it's ok?[/p][/quote]I couldn't of said it better my self. This man needs help. It is not normal behaviour walking round naked, and I don't blame people for being scared and making complaints about this man, and I'm sure people won't want there young children seeing that at such young ages. lilbitofjodi , Eastleigh
  • Score: 0

10:15pm Fri 20 Jul 12

dontheman says...

The guy clearly thinks of himself as some sort of hero, years in prison for fighting for his rights. Shame it's such a pathetic and pointless crusade - he's hardly Nelson Mandela! Grow up mate and put your pants on!
The guy clearly thinks of himself as some sort of hero, years in prison for fighting for his rights. Shame it's such a pathetic and pointless crusade - he's hardly Nelson Mandela! Grow up mate and put your pants on! dontheman
  • Score: 0

10:34pm Fri 20 Jul 12

cantthinkofone says...

The point about him being an ex-marine made by someone above may be worthy of thought. No way for any of us to know, but it isn't beyond credence that the whole 'crusade' of his may be a manifestation of PTSD.

Whether it is or isn't, repeatedly locking him up is a disproportionate reaction to his lack of clothing, and a scandalous waste of public money.

Commenters on here often bemoan what they see as 'light' sentences handed out to people. In part, that's driven by the fact that our prisons are full. Perhaps we should be saving incarceration for those who have most earned it.
The point about him being an ex-marine made by someone above may be worthy of thought. No way for any of us to know, but it isn't beyond credence that the whole 'crusade' of his may be a manifestation of PTSD. Whether it is or isn't, repeatedly locking him up is a disproportionate reaction to his lack of clothing, and a scandalous waste of public money. Commenters on here often bemoan what they see as 'light' sentences handed out to people. In part, that's driven by the fact that our prisons are full. Perhaps we should be saving incarceration for those who have most earned it. cantthinkofone
  • Score: 0

10:42pm Fri 20 Jul 12

IronLady2010 says...

Wether he's Ex-Marine is nothing to do with it, the guy is plainly in need of help.

No matter what comments say, it is NOT normal to walk around naked and I would suggest those who disagree do it themselves, should they feel it is normal.

I for one don't want to see t**s and C***s on parade, it's bad enough with hubby's!
Wether he's Ex-Marine is nothing to do with it, the guy is plainly in need of help. No matter what comments say, it is NOT normal to walk around naked and I would suggest those who disagree do it themselves, should they feel it is normal. I for one don't want to see t**s and C***s on parade, it's bad enough with hubby's! IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

10:56pm Fri 20 Jul 12

Mick the Saint says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
Wether he's Ex-Marine is nothing to do with it, the guy is plainly in need of help.

No matter what comments say, it is NOT normal to walk around naked and I would suggest those who disagree do it themselves, should they feel it is normal.

I for one don't want to see t**s and C***s on parade, it's bad enough with hubby's!
That's sad, nowt wrong with t's & c's, in moderation of course
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: Wether he's Ex-Marine is nothing to do with it, the guy is plainly in need of help. No matter what comments say, it is NOT normal to walk around naked and I would suggest those who disagree do it themselves, should they feel it is normal. I for one don't want to see t**s and C***s on parade, it's bad enough with hubby's![/p][/quote]That's sad, nowt wrong with t's & c's, in moderation of course Mick the Saint
  • Score: 0

10:58pm Fri 20 Jul 12

solomum says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
sotonbusdriver wrote:
It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about.
This guy is doing no harm to anyone..
I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! !
What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...
I'd think, I'll avoid the place.

It's about choice, if this man wants to be naked, fine. Do it somewhere appropriate, but go see your kids first!
preferably not naked when going to see your kids though as they WILL be embarrassed.
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonbusdriver[/bold] wrote: It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about. This guy is doing no harm to anyone.. I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! ! What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...[/p][/quote]I'd think, I'll avoid the place. It's about choice, if this man wants to be naked, fine. Do it somewhere appropriate, but go see your kids first![/p][/quote]preferably not naked when going to see your kids though as they WILL be embarrassed. solomum
  • Score: 0

10:59pm Fri 20 Jul 12

cantthinkofone says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
Wether he's Ex-Marine is nothing to do with it, the guy is plainly in need of help.

No matter what comments say, it is NOT normal to walk around naked and I would suggest those who disagree do it themselves, should they feel it is normal.

I for one don't want to see t**s and C***s on parade, it's bad enough with hubby's!
It clearly DOES have something to do with it, as it makes PTSD a heck of a lot more likely than if he were an ex-accountant.
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: Wether he's Ex-Marine is nothing to do with it, the guy is plainly in need of help. No matter what comments say, it is NOT normal to walk around naked and I would suggest those who disagree do it themselves, should they feel it is normal. I for one don't want to see t**s and C***s on parade, it's bad enough with hubby's![/p][/quote]It clearly DOES have something to do with it, as it makes PTSD a heck of a lot more likely than if he were an ex-accountant. cantthinkofone
  • Score: 0

11:04pm Fri 20 Jul 12

Inform Al says...

You've obviously never had a bank statement like mine. lol
You've obviously never had a bank statement like mine. lol Inform Al
  • Score: 0

12:03am Sat 21 Jul 12

business-guru says...

being locked up for refusing to wear cloths is perverse.... much more "perverse" than not wearing any......
gorillas don't lock up their own kind for not wearing clothes and they are more intelligent than us... we are stupid. leave him alone. you stupid scottish people...
being locked up for refusing to wear cloths is perverse.... much more "perverse" than not wearing any...... gorillas don't lock up their own kind for not wearing clothes and they are more intelligent than us... we are stupid. leave him alone. you stupid scottish people... business-guru
  • Score: 0

12:14am Sat 21 Jul 12

dango says...

Inform Al wrote:
dango wrote:
why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill.
And some to$$ers ENJOY sex with children, are you saying they are not sick then. This total waste of space should be cared for in a secure mental hospital until he has learned how to dress himself.
what!? Are you REALLY comparing him to a sex criminal?? He can dress himself, he CHOOSES not to. What don't you get? Were you born wearing a suit and tie or just an angry expression because you can't abide others way of life?
[quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill.[/p][/quote]And some to$$ers ENJOY sex with children, are you saying they are not sick then. This total waste of space should be cared for in a secure mental hospital until he has learned how to dress himself.[/p][/quote]what!? Are you REALLY comparing him to a sex criminal?? He can dress himself, he CHOOSES not to. What don't you get? Were you born wearing a suit and tie or just an angry expression because you can't abide others way of life? dango
  • Score: 0

12:29am Sat 21 Jul 12

IronLady2010 says...

dango wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
dango wrote:
why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill.
And some to$$ers ENJOY sex with children, are you saying they are not sick then. This total waste of space should be cared for in a secure mental hospital until he has learned how to dress himself.
what!? Are you REALLY comparing him to a sex criminal?? He can dress himself, he CHOOSES not to. What don't you get? Were you born wearing a suit and tie or just an angry expression because you can't abide others way of life?
You can't compare him to a sex criminal, but he does need help. Would you walk around naked and think this is normal behaviour.

Most of us have been bought up to cover up and dare I say even Adam and Eve had fig leaves, not that i Believe that rubbish.

It just isn't normal to roam around naked.

Then what is normal? When you have knife wielding thugs on the streets etc.
[quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill.[/p][/quote]And some to$$ers ENJOY sex with children, are you saying they are not sick then. This total waste of space should be cared for in a secure mental hospital until he has learned how to dress himself.[/p][/quote]what!? Are you REALLY comparing him to a sex criminal?? He can dress himself, he CHOOSES not to. What don't you get? Were you born wearing a suit and tie or just an angry expression because you can't abide others way of life?[/p][/quote]You can't compare him to a sex criminal, but he does need help. Would you walk around naked and think this is normal behaviour. Most of us have been bought up to cover up and dare I say even Adam and Eve had fig leaves, not that i Believe that rubbish. It just isn't normal to roam around naked. Then what is normal? When you have knife wielding thugs on the streets etc. IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

12:46am Sat 21 Jul 12

Block41row0sfc says...

Does anyone know if this man wears clothes in court? Does anyone know if he wears clothes in prison? Also I doubt his kids want anything to do with him. Understandably if they are teens. Finally I wouldn't really want my kids seeing naked men or WOMEN in the street. We have evolved a lot since we were apes.
Does anyone know if this man wears clothes in court? Does anyone know if he wears clothes in prison? Also I doubt his kids want anything to do with him. Understandably if they are teens. Finally I wouldn't really want my kids seeing naked men or WOMEN in the street. We have evolved a lot since we were apes. Block41row0sfc
  • Score: 0

2:28am Sat 21 Jul 12

bazzeroz says...

Apparently he was caught relieving himself behind a tree but the arresting officer wouldn't shake hands with him because he called him '****'. The copper called him 'Willy' and that was it.
Apparently he was caught relieving himself behind a tree but the arresting officer wouldn't shake hands with him because he called him '****'. The copper called him 'Willy' and that was it. bazzeroz
  • Score: 0

2:29am Sat 21 Jul 12

bazzeroz says...

**** c.ock
**** c.ock bazzeroz
  • Score: 0

8:34am Sat 21 Jul 12

hmw says...

it's too much to bare
it's too much to bare hmw
  • Score: 0

10:12am Sat 21 Jul 12

Georgem says...

opera phantom wrote:
Georgem wrote:
opera phantom wrote:
sotonbusdriver wrote:
It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about.
This guy is doing no harm to anyone..
I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! !
What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...
So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think
he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong?
But he hasn't. So that's irrelevant. Don't play the "the children!" card, it reveals that you have no point. You might as well say "so if he pulled out a shotgun and killed the Queen, you'd think he wasn't doing any harm?"
But you said that he wasn't doing any harm to anyone. How do you know what the public complaints.were about?
Try reading the actual comments you're replying to.

You are discussing things that quite specifically HAVE NOT HAPPENED. That's ludicrous. You can't work out why? Give up.
[quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonbusdriver[/bold] wrote: It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about. This guy is doing no harm to anyone.. I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! ! What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...[/p][/quote]So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong?[/p][/quote]But he hasn't. So that's irrelevant. Don't play the "the children!" card, it reveals that you have no point. You might as well say "so if he pulled out a shotgun and killed the Queen, you'd think he wasn't doing any harm?"[/p][/quote]But you said that he wasn't doing any harm to anyone. How do you know what the public complaints.were about?[/p][/quote]Try reading the actual comments you're replying to. You are discussing things that quite specifically HAVE NOT HAPPENED. That's ludicrous. You can't work out why? Give up. Georgem
  • Score: 0

10:14am Sat 21 Jul 12

Georgem says...

opera phantom wrote:
opera phantom wrote:
Georgem wrote:
opera phantom wrote:
sotonbusdriver wrote:
It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about.
This guy is doing no harm to anyone..
I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! !
What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...
So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think
he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong?
But he hasn't. So that's irrelevant. Don't play the "the children!" card, it reveals that you have no point. You might as well say "so if he pulled out a shotgun and killed the Queen, you'd think he wasn't doing any harm?"
But you said that he wasn't doing any harm to anyone. How do you know what the public complaints.were about?
My apologies. sotonbus driver said that he wasn't doing any harm to anyone.
How does he know that Gough wasn't doing any harm to any one?
Ah, I wondered where that came from. But just as soton bus driver doesn't know if he was doing any harm, not do you know that he was. So it's a no-score draw, really.
[quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]opera phantom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonbusdriver[/bold] wrote: It is mad that in this so called modern progressive society, we still have loads of "Mary Whitehouse" people about. This guy is doing no harm to anyone.. I take these people that have made the complaint were women, upset that he was better equipped than their partners, or jealous men ! ! ! ! What would these people think if they realised that there is a village resort in South France, that was totally naturist, even the staff in shops and bars are naked...[/p][/quote]So if he appeared out side a school naked, I assume that you would think he wasn't doing any harm, or am I wrong?[/p][/quote]But he hasn't. So that's irrelevant. Don't play the "the children!" card, it reveals that you have no point. You might as well say "so if he pulled out a shotgun and killed the Queen, you'd think he wasn't doing any harm?"[/p][/quote]But you said that he wasn't doing any harm to anyone. How do you know what the public complaints.were about?[/p][/quote]My apologies. sotonbus driver said that he wasn't doing any harm to anyone. How does he know that Gough wasn't doing any harm to any one?[/p][/quote]Ah, I wondered where that came from. But just as soton bus driver doesn't know if he was doing any harm, not do you know that he was. So it's a no-score draw, really. Georgem
  • Score: 0

10:16am Sat 21 Jul 12

Georgem says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
Look, if you agree with walking around naked, do it yourself!

I bet no-one on these boards would do it! So why suggest it's ok?
Most ridiculous argument yet. So the definition of "things that are ok to do" extend only as far as things you personally would to? So, I don't particularly want to play football, ergo football is wrong? I don't feel the urge to work in a paper shop, so working in a paper shop is wrong? I wouldn't eat mild cheddar cheese, so eating mild cheddar cheese is wrong?

Seriously, you're losing grip with reality a bit there, no?
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: Look, if you agree with walking around naked, do it yourself! I bet no-one on these boards would do it! So why suggest it's ok?[/p][/quote]Most ridiculous argument yet. So the definition of "things that are ok to do" extend only as far as things you personally would to? So, I don't particularly want to play football, ergo football is wrong? I don't feel the urge to work in a paper shop, so working in a paper shop is wrong? I wouldn't eat mild cheddar cheese, so eating mild cheddar cheese is wrong? Seriously, you're losing grip with reality a bit there, no? Georgem
  • Score: 0

10:19am Sat 21 Jul 12

Georgem says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
Wether he's Ex-Marine is nothing to do with it, the guy is plainly in need of help.

No matter what comments say, it is NOT normal to walk around naked and I would suggest those who disagree do it themselves, should they feel it is normal.

I for one don't want to see t**s and C***s on parade, it's bad enough with hubby's!
Whys he CLEARLY in need of help? Is it really beyond the bounds of reality that someone perfectly sane and healthy might make a rational decision not to follow a particular social norm? Norms change. So what was once a norm, might not be now. If it's a mental illness to not follow a norm, does that mean one stops being mentally ill when the norm changes? Impossible.
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: Wether he's Ex-Marine is nothing to do with it, the guy is plainly in need of help. No matter what comments say, it is NOT normal to walk around naked and I would suggest those who disagree do it themselves, should they feel it is normal. I for one don't want to see t**s and C***s on parade, it's bad enough with hubby's![/p][/quote]Whys he CLEARLY in need of help? Is it really beyond the bounds of reality that someone perfectly sane and healthy might make a rational decision not to follow a particular social norm? Norms change. So what was once a norm, might not be now. If it's a mental illness to not follow a norm, does that mean one stops being mentally ill when the norm changes? Impossible. Georgem
  • Score: 0

10:26am Sat 21 Jul 12

Georgem says...

What's really amusing is that people are having to resort to sneaky tricks like mentioning ACTUAL dangerous behaviour, completely out of context of the story, in the hopes that some readers will subconsciously connect that with this guy. Some examples of behaviours very much NOT carried out by Gough, at all, that are for no apparent reason being used in arguments:

* Child sex abuse
* Indecent exposure to children
* Knife crime

Of course, it's not really funny, because a lot of idiots actually fall for this sort of trick, and before you know it, the popular belief is that Gough is some maniac who rapes children at knifepoint.
What's really amusing is that people are having to resort to sneaky tricks like mentioning ACTUAL dangerous behaviour, completely out of context of the story, in the hopes that some readers will subconsciously connect that with this guy. Some examples of behaviours very much NOT carried out by Gough, at all, that are for no apparent reason being used in arguments: * Child sex abuse * Indecent exposure to children * Knife crime Of course, it's not really funny, because a lot of idiots actually fall for this sort of trick, and before you know it, the popular belief is that Gough is some maniac who rapes children at knifepoint. Georgem
  • Score: 0

10:33am Sat 21 Jul 12

Sure says...

This man is an attention seeker who obviously likes prison as he chooses to keep returning there. I am quite happy for the government to use my tax contributions to pay for his incarceration as the bonus is that for 6 years or so we didn't hear about him. Despite the cleverly worded comments on here and the feeble attempts at justification everyone knows that walking around naked in public is not acceptable and the only way to deal with it is by using the law. He's not ill, that would have been thought of and checked several times over the years. Don't feel sorry for him because he has control of the situation.
This man is an attention seeker who obviously likes prison as he chooses to keep returning there. I am quite happy for the government to use my tax contributions to pay for his incarceration as the bonus is that for 6 years or so we didn't hear about him. Despite the cleverly worded comments on here and the feeble attempts at justification everyone knows that walking around naked in public is not acceptable and the only way to deal with it is by using the law. He's not ill, that would have been thought of and checked several times over the years. Don't feel sorry for him because he has control of the situation. Sure
  • Score: 0

11:16am Sat 21 Jul 12

The Grinch says...

My view is that it's a waste of tax payers money.

He is harmless enough and it's just a human body so I don't really care and neither should anybody else.

However I agree he should perhaps realise now that he either wears clothes or will be locked up by our society. I can't understand why somebody would wish to spend most of their life locked up. Fight society's rules in another way now that you have celebrity status Stephen - this and the many other bs rules that operate in our society today.
My view is that it's a waste of tax payers money. He is harmless enough and it's just a human body so I don't really care and neither should anybody else. However I agree he should perhaps realise now that he either wears clothes or will be locked up by our society. I can't understand why somebody would wish to spend most of their life locked up. Fight society's rules in another way now that you have celebrity status Stephen - this and the many other bs rules that operate in our society today. The Grinch
  • Score: 0

11:48am Sat 21 Jul 12

southy says...

Georgem wrote:
What's really amusing is that people are having to resort to sneaky tricks like mentioning ACTUAL dangerous behaviour, completely out of context of the story, in the hopes that some readers will subconsciously connect that with this guy. Some examples of behaviours very much NOT carried out by Gough, at all, that are for no apparent reason being used in arguments:

* Child sex abuse
* Indecent exposure to children
* Knife crime

Of course, it's not really funny, because a lot of idiots actually fall for this sort of trick, and before you know it, the popular belief is that Gough is some maniac who rapes children at knifepoint.
Agree the weak minded do tend to fool for it.
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: What's really amusing is that people are having to resort to sneaky tricks like mentioning ACTUAL dangerous behaviour, completely out of context of the story, in the hopes that some readers will subconsciously connect that with this guy. Some examples of behaviours very much NOT carried out by Gough, at all, that are for no apparent reason being used in arguments: * Child sex abuse * Indecent exposure to children * Knife crime Of course, it's not really funny, because a lot of idiots actually fall for this sort of trick, and before you know it, the popular belief is that Gough is some maniac who rapes children at knifepoint.[/p][/quote]Agree the weak minded do tend to fool for it. southy
  • Score: 0

2:17pm Sat 21 Jul 12

ohec says...

Oh dear after reading some of these posts it appears there are people that are more deserving of a nice warm cell than the naked rambler, i grant you it is very odd behaviour but if after being locked up for six years he still feels that strongly then i see no point in locking him up again, i assume that he has been medically assessed and found to be ok so unfortunately i can't see any other alternative than to lock him up, society made the rules on the basis of what the majority thought acceptable and decent and although i have no problem with what he does it is the majority that require him to cover his body to be acceptable to all.
Oh dear after reading some of these posts it appears there are people that are more deserving of a nice warm cell than the naked rambler, i grant you it is very odd behaviour but if after being locked up for six years he still feels that strongly then i see no point in locking him up again, i assume that he has been medically assessed and found to be ok so unfortunately i can't see any other alternative than to lock him up, society made the rules on the basis of what the majority thought acceptable and decent and although i have no problem with what he does it is the majority that require him to cover his body to be acceptable to all. ohec
  • Score: 0

2:19pm Sat 21 Jul 12

cantthinkofone says...

southy wrote:
Georgem wrote:
What's really amusing is that people are having to resort to sneaky tricks like mentioning ACTUAL dangerous behaviour, completely out of context of the story, in the hopes that some readers will subconsciously connect that with this guy. Some examples of behaviours very much NOT carried out by Gough, at all, that are for no apparent reason being used in arguments:

* Child sex abuse
* Indecent exposure to children
* Knife crime

Of course, it's not really funny, because a lot of idiots actually fall for this sort of trick, and before you know it, the popular belief is that Gough is some maniac who rapes children at knifepoint.
Agree the weak minded do tend to fool for it.
Oh, the ironing.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: What's really amusing is that people are having to resort to sneaky tricks like mentioning ACTUAL dangerous behaviour, completely out of context of the story, in the hopes that some readers will subconsciously connect that with this guy. Some examples of behaviours very much NOT carried out by Gough, at all, that are for no apparent reason being used in arguments: * Child sex abuse * Indecent exposure to children * Knife crime Of course, it's not really funny, because a lot of idiots actually fall for this sort of trick, and before you know it, the popular belief is that Gough is some maniac who rapes children at knifepoint.[/p][/quote]Agree the weak minded do tend to fool for it.[/p][/quote]Oh, the ironing. cantthinkofone
  • Score: 0

2:26pm Sat 21 Jul 12

cantthinkofone says...

Georgem wrote:
IronLady2010 wrote:
Wether he's Ex-Marine is nothing to do with it, the guy is plainly in need of help.

No matter what comments say, it is NOT normal to walk around naked and I would suggest those who disagree do it themselves, should they feel it is normal.

I for one don't want to see t**s and C***s on parade, it's bad enough with hubby's!
Whys he CLEARLY in need of help? Is it really beyond the bounds of reality that someone perfectly sane and healthy might make a rational decision not to follow a particular social norm? Norms change. So what was once a norm, might not be now. If it's a mental illness to not follow a norm, does that mean one stops being mentally ill when the norm changes? Impossible.
Whilst I think repeatedly locking the guy up is ridiculous, I do also think that his behaviour strongly suggests he may have an issue or two.

Not for wanting to be naked. That's not my preference (well, not in the supermarket or on the bus anyway), but the world is full of different folks.

What I'd be a bit more concerned about is the lengths he's gone to. Giving up your liberty, and especially the chance to see your children growing up, all for the sake of something that is never going to save lives or stop wars, strikes me as disproportionate. Right or wrong, he must by now be fully aware of the consequences of his choice, and he chooses to accept them, in exchange for not wearing clothes. It's difficult to rationally justify the choice he's made there IMO. I'm not saying he's some sort of dangerous lunatic, but I do wonder if he has some sort of obsessive disorder.
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: Wether he's Ex-Marine is nothing to do with it, the guy is plainly in need of help. No matter what comments say, it is NOT normal to walk around naked and I would suggest those who disagree do it themselves, should they feel it is normal. I for one don't want to see t**s and C***s on parade, it's bad enough with hubby's![/p][/quote]Whys he CLEARLY in need of help? Is it really beyond the bounds of reality that someone perfectly sane and healthy might make a rational decision not to follow a particular social norm? Norms change. So what was once a norm, might not be now. If it's a mental illness to not follow a norm, does that mean one stops being mentally ill when the norm changes? Impossible.[/p][/quote]Whilst I think repeatedly locking the guy up is ridiculous, I do also think that his behaviour strongly suggests he may have an issue or two. Not for wanting to be naked. That's not my preference (well, not in the supermarket or on the bus anyway), but the world is full of different folks. What I'd be a bit more concerned about is the lengths he's gone to. Giving up your liberty, and especially the chance to see your children growing up, all for the sake of something that is never going to save lives or stop wars, strikes me as disproportionate. Right or wrong, he must by now be fully aware of the consequences of his choice, and he chooses to accept them, in exchange for not wearing clothes. It's difficult to rationally justify the choice he's made there IMO. I'm not saying he's some sort of dangerous lunatic, but I do wonder if he has some sort of obsessive disorder. cantthinkofone
  • Score: 0

2:40pm Sat 21 Jul 12

Inform Al says...

dango wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
dango wrote:
why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill.
And some to$$ers ENJOY sex with children, are you saying they are not sick then. This total waste of space should be cared for in a secure mental hospital until he has learned how to dress himself.
what!? Are you REALLY comparing him to a sex criminal?? He can dress himself, he CHOOSES not to. What don't you get? Were you born wearing a suit and tie or just an angry expression because you can't abide others way of life?
You are obviously incapable of comprehending the point I made, however should he expose himself in front of a subsequently distressed female then he is a sex criminal, should he appear naked in front of my daughter I too will become a criminal. We have evolved a lot since we lived in caves, even if we are still born with no clothes on. Appearing naked in public is not an accepted part of the wider society, if he wants to be a freak he is welcome to show his bits in established places where we decent people know not to take our kids.
[quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill.[/p][/quote]And some to$$ers ENJOY sex with children, are you saying they are not sick then. This total waste of space should be cared for in a secure mental hospital until he has learned how to dress himself.[/p][/quote]what!? Are you REALLY comparing him to a sex criminal?? He can dress himself, he CHOOSES not to. What don't you get? Were you born wearing a suit and tie or just an angry expression because you can't abide others way of life?[/p][/quote]You are obviously incapable of comprehending the point I made, however should he expose himself in front of a subsequently distressed female then he is a sex criminal, should he appear naked in front of my daughter I too will become a criminal. We have evolved a lot since we lived in caves, even if we are still born with no clothes on. Appearing naked in public is not an accepted part of the wider society, if he wants to be a freak he is welcome to show his bits in established places where we decent people know not to take our kids. Inform Al
  • Score: 0

2:59pm Sat 21 Jul 12

Georgem says...

Inform Al wrote:
dango wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
dango wrote:
why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill.
And some to$$ers ENJOY sex with children, are you saying they are not sick then. This total waste of space should be cared for in a secure mental hospital until he has learned how to dress himself.
what!? Are you REALLY comparing him to a sex criminal?? He can dress himself, he CHOOSES not to. What don't you get? Were you born wearing a suit and tie or just an angry expression because you can't abide others way of life?
You are obviously incapable of comprehending the point I made, however should he expose himself in front of a subsequently distressed female then he is a sex criminal, should he appear naked in front of my daughter I too will become a criminal. We have evolved a lot since we lived in caves, even if we are still born with no clothes on. Appearing naked in public is not an accepted part of the wider society, if he wants to be a freak he is welcome to show his bits in established places where we decent people know not to take our kids.
I, too, am incapable of comprehending your point. Because your point is quite a lot like this:

http://www.youtube.c
om/watch?v=EqPAuotjk
M4
[quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill.[/p][/quote]And some to$$ers ENJOY sex with children, are you saying they are not sick then. This total waste of space should be cared for in a secure mental hospital until he has learned how to dress himself.[/p][/quote]what!? Are you REALLY comparing him to a sex criminal?? He can dress himself, he CHOOSES not to. What don't you get? Were you born wearing a suit and tie or just an angry expression because you can't abide others way of life?[/p][/quote]You are obviously incapable of comprehending the point I made, however should he expose himself in front of a subsequently distressed female then he is a sex criminal, should he appear naked in front of my daughter I too will become a criminal. We have evolved a lot since we lived in caves, even if we are still born with no clothes on. Appearing naked in public is not an accepted part of the wider society, if he wants to be a freak he is welcome to show his bits in established places where we decent people know not to take our kids.[/p][/quote]I, too, am incapable of comprehending your point. Because your point is quite a lot like this: http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=EqPAuotjk M4 Georgem
  • Score: 0

3:29pm Sat 21 Jul 12

Fatty x Ford Worker says...

Please put that weido somewhere hot if that thing got any sense the thing would cover up!
Please put that weido somewhere hot if that thing got any sense the thing would cover up! Fatty x Ford Worker
  • Score: 0

12:05pm Sun 22 Jul 12

cantthinkofone says...

Inform Al wrote:
dango wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
dango wrote:
why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill.
And some to$$ers ENJOY sex with children, are you saying they are not sick then. This total waste of space should be cared for in a secure mental hospital until he has learned how to dress himself.
what!? Are you REALLY comparing him to a sex criminal?? He can dress himself, he CHOOSES not to. What don't you get? Were you born wearing a suit and tie or just an angry expression because you can't abide others way of life?
You are obviously incapable of comprehending the point I made, however should he expose himself in front of a subsequently distressed female then he is a sex criminal, should he appear naked in front of my daughter I too will become a criminal. We have evolved a lot since we lived in caves, even if we are still born with no clothes on. Appearing naked in public is not an accepted part of the wider society, if he wants to be a freak he is welcome to show his bits in established places where we decent people know not to take our kids.
"We have evolved a lot since we lived in caves,"

Highly debatable, as the comments sections on here often illustrate.
[quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: why are people going on about him being 'ill'? Maybe he ENJOYS being naked. Maybe he is trying to make a point? Just because someone doesn't conform to what others deem 'normal' doesn't mean they are ill.[/p][/quote]And some to$$ers ENJOY sex with children, are you saying they are not sick then. This total waste of space should be cared for in a secure mental hospital until he has learned how to dress himself.[/p][/quote]what!? Are you REALLY comparing him to a sex criminal?? He can dress himself, he CHOOSES not to. What don't you get? Were you born wearing a suit and tie or just an angry expression because you can't abide others way of life?[/p][/quote]You are obviously incapable of comprehending the point I made, however should he expose himself in front of a subsequently distressed female then he is a sex criminal, should he appear naked in front of my daughter I too will become a criminal. We have evolved a lot since we lived in caves, even if we are still born with no clothes on. Appearing naked in public is not an accepted part of the wider society, if he wants to be a freak he is welcome to show his bits in established places where we decent people know not to take our kids.[/p][/quote]"We have evolved a lot since we lived in caves," Highly debatable, as the comments sections on here often illustrate. cantthinkofone
  • Score: 0

11:14pm Sun 22 Jul 12

Scrutinizer says...

freemantlegirl2 wrote:
Dear Mr Gough, as so many are upset by the sight of your todger could you possibly invest in a 'thong' to cover up your modesty, you'd still be naked? (almost) There are many fathers who haven't seen their children in years, some through fault of their own and others through no fault of their own.... as an ex-marine it does appear that he has some type of illness perhaps. Has anyone thought about helping him instead of locking him up!?
"todger"?! That sounds like something they'd say at St. Trinians! ;-)))
[quote][p][bold]freemantlegirl2[/bold] wrote: Dear Mr Gough, as so many are upset by the sight of your todger could you possibly invest in a 'thong' to cover up your modesty, you'd still be naked? (almost) There are many fathers who haven't seen their children in years, some through fault of their own and others through no fault of their own.... as an ex-marine it does appear that he has some type of illness perhaps. Has anyone thought about helping him instead of locking him up!?[/p][/quote]"todger"?! That sounds like something they'd say at St. Trinians! ;-))) Scrutinizer
  • Score: 0

11:25pm Sun 22 Jul 12

Scrutinizer says...

Well, at the end of the day, I suppose the least we can all expect, is that he remembers to wipe his *ss properly whenever he steps outside - especially in daylight hours...
Well, at the end of the day, I suppose the least we can all expect, is that he remembers to wipe his *ss properly whenever he steps outside - especially in daylight hours... Scrutinizer
  • Score: 0

11:31pm Sun 22 Jul 12

Scrutinizer says...

Well, at the end of the day, I suppose the least we can all expect, is that he remembers to wipe his *ss properly whenever he steps outside - especially in daylight hours...
Well, at the end of the day, I suppose the least we can all expect, is that he remembers to wipe his *ss properly whenever he steps outside - especially in daylight hours... Scrutinizer
  • Score: 0

11:40pm Sun 22 Jul 12

Scrutinizer says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
Wether he's Ex-Marine is nothing to do with it, the guy is plainly in need of help. No matter what comments say, it is NOT normal to walk around naked and I would suggest those who disagree do it themselves, should they feel it is normal. I for one don't want to see t**s and C***s on parade, it's bad enough with hubby's!
"t**ts" and "c**ts"???... And "hubby's"... But did you actually mean to type "hubby's', inverted commas included? So I'm unsure if you're in a same-sex relationship, or not...
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: Wether he's Ex-Marine is nothing to do with it, the guy is plainly in need of help. No matter what comments say, it is NOT normal to walk around naked and I would suggest those who disagree do it themselves, should they feel it is normal. I for one don't want to see t**s and C***s on parade, it's bad enough with hubby's![/p][/quote]"t**ts" and "c**ts"???... And "hubby's"... But did you actually mean to type "hubby's', inverted commas included? So I'm unsure if you're in a same-sex relationship, or not... Scrutinizer
  • Score: 0

8:58am Mon 23 Jul 12

Raxx says...

Scrutinizer wrote:
IronLady2010 wrote:
Wether he's Ex-Marine is nothing to do with it, the guy is plainly in need of help. No matter what comments say, it is NOT normal to walk around naked and I would suggest those who disagree do it themselves, should they feel it is normal. I for one don't want to see t**s and C***s on parade, it's bad enough with hubby's!
"t**ts" and "c**ts"???... And "hubby's"... But did you actually mean to type "hubby's', inverted commas included? So I'm unsure if you're in a same-sex relationship, or not...
You imagined the "t" - guess again.
[quote][p][bold]Scrutinizer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: Wether he's Ex-Marine is nothing to do with it, the guy is plainly in need of help. No matter what comments say, it is NOT normal to walk around naked and I would suggest those who disagree do it themselves, should they feel it is normal. I for one don't want to see t**s and C***s on parade, it's bad enough with hubby's![/p][/quote]"t**ts" and "c**ts"???... And "hubby's"... But did you actually mean to type "hubby's', inverted commas included? So I'm unsure if you're in a same-sex relationship, or not...[/p][/quote]You imagined the "t" - guess again. Raxx
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree