A MAN who pretended to be a ghost by shouting "wooooo" at mourners in a cemetery has been fined.
Anthony Stallard had been kicking a football around in a Hampshire graveyard with a friend, while also making spooky noises close to be people visiting the graves of their loved ones.
Police were alerted and arresed and charged Stallard, 24, with using threatening or abusive words or behaviour likely to cause distress.
Prosecutor Tim Concannon said: "He was throwing himself backwards, waving his arms about and going “wooooooo”. I’m assuming he was pretending to be a ghost."
The incident happened in Kingston Cemetery in Portsmouth.
Stallard was fined £35 for his behaviour, as well as being ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £20 and court costs of a further £20.
Three months were also added to an existing suspended 12 sentence as a result of his actions.
- £150k pushchair for sale from demoralised dad on eBay
- Budgie left behind in room in Southampton Travelodge
- VIDEO: Romantic Southampton fan given boost by Sammy Saint
- Southampton giving out romance advice to Saints fan on Twitter
- Man rings police after neighbour posts "creepy" picture of Cliff Richard in his window
- VIDEO: 5,000 balloons fill house in prank
- VIDEO: Seven hurt as fireworks hit crowd at Christmas lights switch on
- VIDEO: Spiderdad! Superhero drops in as birthday surprise for little boy with cancer