POLICE are treating a blaze at a block of flats in Eastleigh as arson.
Fire investigators have told police that the fire at Ovington Road on Monday night was arson, probably from an accelerant used in a kitchen of one of flats.
The block of 15 flats is being redeveloped and the two residents of the only occupied flat were out at the time of the fire.
There were no casualties and no one had to be rescued.
Six fire crews from Eastleigh, St Mary's, Redbridge and Hightown attended the incident at around 7.20pm.
A witness has reported seeing two youths running from the building towards the Lakeside Estate at 7.30pm. They are described as white, slim and 5ft 8ins. One wore a woollen baseball cap and the other a beanie.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Claire Reynolds at Eastleigh on 101.
More Eastleigh news:
- ‘Terrible film’ led to 60 years of marriage
- VIDEO: Hampshire school gets involved with Red Nose Day activities
- VIDEO AND PHOTOS: Colden Common school get in Comic Relief spirit
- Eastleigh 10k was 'a great success' - and a date has been set for 2018 event
- Hunt stepped up for suspected kidnapper who has been hiding for two months
- MP hails multi-million pound fund to fix M27 bottleneck
- VIDEO & PHOTOS: Runners cross the line as Eastleigh 10k celebrates 33 years
- Final preparations for runners ahead of Eastleigh 10k today