When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Eastleigh flats blaze was arson
POLICE are treating a blaze at a block of flats in Eastleigh as arson.
Fire investigators have told police that the fire at Ovington Road on Monday night was arson, probably from an accelerant used in a kitchen of one of flats.
The block of 15 flats is being redeveloped and the two residents of the only occupied flat were out at the time of the fire.
There were no casualties and no one had to be rescued.
Six fire crews from Eastleigh, St Mary's, Redbridge and Hightown attended the incident at around 7.20pm.
A witness has reported seeing two youths running from the building towards the Lakeside Estate at 7.30pm. They are described as white, slim and 5ft 8ins. One wore a woollen baseball cap and the other a beanie.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Claire Reynolds at Eastleigh on 101.
More Eastleigh news:
- Boss charged after death at stadium construction site
- Digger stolen
- Smoke on airport runway is part of training exercise
- Prison 'a sobering experience' says Huhne
- Pryce to publish prison diaries
- Action stations call from businesses as rail use increases
- Accountants appoints new partner
- Rare liver disease