POLICE are treating a blaze at a block of flats in Eastleigh as arson.
Fire investigators have told police that the fire at Ovington Road on Monday night was arson, probably from an accelerant used in a kitchen of one of flats.
The block of 15 flats is being redeveloped and the two residents of the only occupied flat were out at the time of the fire.
There were no casualties and no one had to be rescued.
Six fire crews from Eastleigh, St Mary's, Redbridge and Hightown attended the incident at around 7.20pm.
A witness has reported seeing two youths running from the building towards the Lakeside Estate at 7.30pm. They are described as white, slim and 5ft 8ins. One wore a woollen baseball cap and the other a beanie.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Claire Reynolds at Eastleigh on 101.
More Eastleigh news:
- PHOTOS: Bridal shop celebrates four decades in business with FORTY brides
- Saints demand newspaper hands over video footage following Eric Black 'Football for Sale' sting
- Saints' legend Francis Benali's Big Race is set for the off!
- PHOTOS: All your Zany Zebra pictures - vote for your favourite
- Sikh community aims to feed 1,500 people
- Disgraced jeweller who conned taypayer in £1.25m Rolex scam is jailed
- PHOTOS: Blockbuster film stars arrive in style for new Transformers movie
- Woman found dead in hotel room - just days after being saved from river