Diane James to fight Eastleigh by-election for UKIP

THE UK Independence Party has announced its candidate for the Eastleigh by-election.

Surrey councillor Diane James has been selected to fight the seat vacated by disgraced Liberal Democrat Chris Huhne.

A healthcare expert, Cllr James became involved in local politics after becoming "utterly disillusioned" with political interference at a local level.

She joined UKIP in 2010 after deciding that they were the only party which represented her views on the political scene.

She said: "I joined UKIP not only because of their policy on grammar schools, which I benefitted from when I was younger, but because I believe that the UK would be able to thrive outside the EU.

"I am honoured to have been selected for Eastleigh by UKIP and I plan to fight hard and show the people of the constituency that they can vote for someone with integrity and commitment; a real opposition to the failed policies of the coalition and the virtually invisible Labour Party.

"There are many local issues in the constituency I will be campaigning on, such as the closure of Ford and the hypocrisy of the Lib Dems over local housing where they have repeatedly misinformed the people of Eastleigh that locals will get priority for new housing.

"We know that this is illegal under EU law but will the Lib Dems risk their popularity by telling voters the truth?"

UKIP leader Nigel Farage said: "Diane has a successful record as a healthcare and political campaigner and she wants to stand up for ordinary communities who are being so badly affected by the coalition government in this country."

Comments (37)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:16pm Mon 11 Feb 13

one in a million says...

Nice to see they've chosen someone local then...
Nice to see they've chosen someone local then... one in a million
  • Score: 0

2:41pm Mon 11 Feb 13

AndyAndrews says...

Obviously couldn't find a member with half a brain in the constituency so brought in this carpet-bagger from Surrey...
Obviously couldn't find a member with half a brain in the constituency so brought in this carpet-bagger from Surrey... AndyAndrews
  • Score: 0

2:54pm Mon 11 Feb 13

ottred says...

As opposed to 'essex girl' & staunch labour supporter until 2005 Maria Hutchings.

Vote on policies, not people.
As opposed to 'essex girl' & staunch labour supporter until 2005 Maria Hutchings. Vote on policies, not people. ottred
  • Score: 0

3:10pm Mon 11 Feb 13

southy says...

Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch
Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch southy
  • Score: 0

3:39pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Torchie1 says...

southy wrote:
Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch
That could be quite ominous for you as no local Tusc candidate has achieved anything in the past and neither has any other from whatever part of the country they came from.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch[/p][/quote]That could be quite ominous for you as no local Tusc candidate has achieved anything in the past and neither has any other from whatever part of the country they came from. Torchie1
  • Score: 0

4:01pm Mon 11 Feb 13

ohec says...

Well the so-called tried and tested from all three main parties have failed miserably so lets give the lady a chance, she only has a couple of years to prove that she is up for the job so she will be getting my vote. And as for comments about her not being local that just goes to show how naive people can be yes Huhne may have owned a house in Eastleigh but how much time do you really think he spent here or do people think a thieving/lying local is better.
Well the so-called tried and tested from all three main parties have failed miserably so lets give the lady a chance, she only has a couple of years to prove that she is up for the job so she will be getting my vote. And as for comments about her not being local that just goes to show how naive people can be yes Huhne may have owned a house in Eastleigh but how much time do you really think he spent here or do people think a thieving/lying local is better. ohec
  • Score: 0

4:13pm Mon 11 Feb 13

freefinker says...

southy wrote:
Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch
.. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch[/p][/quote].. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit. freefinker
  • Score: 0

4:17pm Mon 11 Feb 13

freefinker says...

freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch
.. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit.
.. oh yes, forgot, Dr Iain Maclennan of the National Health Action Party also happens to be a resident of Eastleigh constituency. So, even your little boast was not accurate, was it?
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch[/p][/quote].. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit.[/p][/quote].. oh yes, forgot, Dr Iain Maclennan of the National Health Action Party also happens to be a resident of Eastleigh constituency. So, even your little boast was not accurate, was it? freefinker
  • Score: 0

4:27pm Mon 11 Feb 13

southy says...

freefinker wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch
.. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit.
.. oh yes, forgot, Dr Iain Maclennan of the National Health Action Party also happens to be a resident of Eastleigh constituency. So, even your little boast was not accurate, was it?
But is he a local
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch[/p][/quote].. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit.[/p][/quote].. oh yes, forgot, Dr Iain Maclennan of the National Health Action Party also happens to be a resident of Eastleigh constituency. So, even your little boast was not accurate, was it?[/p][/quote]But is he a local southy
  • Score: 0

4:35pm Mon 11 Feb 13

southy says...

southy wrote:
freefinker wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch
.. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit.
.. oh yes, forgot, Dr Iain Maclennan of the National Health Action Party also happens to be a resident of Eastleigh constituency. So, even your little boast was not accurate, was it?
But is he a local
a quick check pompy born, lives in Bursledon good enough for me to call local, not to far away from where Procter lives
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch[/p][/quote].. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit.[/p][/quote].. oh yes, forgot, Dr Iain Maclennan of the National Health Action Party also happens to be a resident of Eastleigh constituency. So, even your little boast was not accurate, was it?[/p][/quote]But is he a local[/p][/quote]a quick check pompy born, lives in Bursledon good enough for me to call local, not to far away from where Procter lives southy
  • Score: 0

4:40pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Paramjit Bahia says...

Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate.

How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency?

There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside.

People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates.

Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils
Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate. How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency? There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside. People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates. Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils Paramjit Bahia
  • Score: 0

4:43pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Stephen J says...

southy wrote:
Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch
I believe Darren Procter lives in Havant and works in Southampton. Close, but it seems there was no one in Eastleigh itself who was worthy of being the anointed one. Perhaps being on the RMT Executive Committee helped a bit.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch[/p][/quote]I believe Darren Procter lives in Havant and works in Southampton. Close, but it seems there was no one in Eastleigh itself who was worthy of being the anointed one. Perhaps being on the RMT Executive Committee helped a bit. Stephen J
  • Score: 0

4:43pm Mon 11 Feb 13

griffon says...

The only people who will rejoice she's standing are the Lib Dems,hoping it couldl stuff the Tories and let them through
The only people who will rejoice she's standing are the Lib Dems,hoping it couldl stuff the Tories and let them through griffon
  • Score: 0

4:46pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Paramjit Bahia says...

freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch
.. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit.
Is part of that lost deposit going to come from £100 donation promised by Freefinker?
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch[/p][/quote].. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit.[/p][/quote]Is part of that lost deposit going to come from £100 donation promised by Freefinker? Paramjit Bahia
  • Score: 0

4:47pm Mon 11 Feb 13

freefinker says...

southy wrote:
southy wrote:
freefinker wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch
.. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit.
.. oh yes, forgot, Dr Iain Maclennan of the National Health Action Party also happens to be a resident of Eastleigh constituency. So, even your little boast was not accurate, was it?
But is he a local
a quick check pompy born, lives in Bursledon good enough for me to call local, not to far away from where Procter lives
.. bloody hell southy, what do you actually require to be classified as 'local'? To be mentioned in the Doomsday Book, perhaps?

The guy lives in the constituency, worked in the constituency and votes in the constituency. Is it going to be a TUSC policy to restrict voting only to people who can trace their ancestors back through 5 generations of living in the constituency?

And what does it matter anyway. I’d rather have an MP who represented most of my views, was hard working and not on the take; than cast my vote for the most local (who, if we want to take this to extremes, is more likely to be an inbred idiot).
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch[/p][/quote].. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit.[/p][/quote].. oh yes, forgot, Dr Iain Maclennan of the National Health Action Party also happens to be a resident of Eastleigh constituency. So, even your little boast was not accurate, was it?[/p][/quote]But is he a local[/p][/quote]a quick check pompy born, lives in Bursledon good enough for me to call local, not to far away from where Procter lives[/p][/quote].. bloody hell southy, what do you actually require to be classified as 'local'? To be mentioned in the Doomsday Book, perhaps? The guy lives in the constituency, worked in the constituency and votes in the constituency. Is it going to be a TUSC policy to restrict voting only to people who can trace their ancestors back through 5 generations of living in the constituency? And what does it matter anyway. I’d rather have an MP who represented most of my views, was hard working and not on the take; than cast my vote for the most local (who, if we want to take this to extremes, is more likely to be an inbred idiot). freefinker
  • Score: 0

4:51pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Paramjit Bahia says...

freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
southy wrote:
freefinker wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch
.. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit.
.. oh yes, forgot, Dr Iain Maclennan of the National Health Action Party also happens to be a resident of Eastleigh constituency. So, even your little boast was not accurate, was it?
But is he a local
a quick check pompy born, lives in Bursledon good enough for me to call local, not to far away from where Procter lives
.. bloody hell southy, what do you actually require to be classified as 'local'? To be mentioned in the Doomsday Book, perhaps?

The guy lives in the constituency, worked in the constituency and votes in the constituency. Is it going to be a TUSC policy to restrict voting only to people who can trace their ancestors back through 5 generations of living in the constituency?

And what does it matter anyway. I’d rather have an MP who represented most of my views, was hard working and not on the take; than cast my vote for the most local (who, if we want to take this to extremes, is more likely to be an inbred idiot).
Spot on comrade
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch[/p][/quote].. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit.[/p][/quote].. oh yes, forgot, Dr Iain Maclennan of the National Health Action Party also happens to be a resident of Eastleigh constituency. So, even your little boast was not accurate, was it?[/p][/quote]But is he a local[/p][/quote]a quick check pompy born, lives in Bursledon good enough for me to call local, not to far away from where Procter lives[/p][/quote].. bloody hell southy, what do you actually require to be classified as 'local'? To be mentioned in the Doomsday Book, perhaps? The guy lives in the constituency, worked in the constituency and votes in the constituency. Is it going to be a TUSC policy to restrict voting only to people who can trace their ancestors back through 5 generations of living in the constituency? And what does it matter anyway. I’d rather have an MP who represented most of my views, was hard working and not on the take; than cast my vote for the most local (who, if we want to take this to extremes, is more likely to be an inbred idiot).[/p][/quote]Spot on comrade Paramjit Bahia
  • Score: 0

4:54pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Stephen J says...

Paramjit Bahia wrote:
Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate.

How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency?

There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside.

People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates.

Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils
Keep saying "vote UKIP, get Labour" enough and your message might just get through. Be careful what you wish for.
[quote][p][bold]Paramjit Bahia[/bold] wrote: Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate. How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency? There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside. People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates. Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils[/p][/quote]Keep saying "vote UKIP, get Labour" enough and your message might just get through. Be careful what you wish for. Stephen J
  • Score: 0

4:55pm Mon 11 Feb 13

freefinker says...

Paramjit Bahia wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch
.. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit.
Is part of that lost deposit going to come from £100 donation promised by Freefinker?
Nice try, but as I said ‘T & C’s apply’. You need to see what I said at 5:17pm Fri 8 Feb 13 on that story: -

http://www.dailyecho

.co.uk/news/10215504

.Warning_to_Tories_a

s_they_take_a_poll_l

ead/#commentsList
[quote][p][bold]Paramjit Bahia[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: Who is local in this Election, don't tell me its only the TUSC candidate is the most local one out of the bunch[/p][/quote].. if that's the sum total of what TUSC has to offer the electorate of Eastleigh, no wonder you are heading for a crushing defeat and a lost deposit.[/p][/quote]Is part of that lost deposit going to come from £100 donation promised by Freefinker?[/p][/quote]Nice try, but as I said ‘T & C’s apply’. You need to see what I said at 5:17pm Fri 8 Feb 13 on that story: - http://www.dailyecho .co.uk/news/10215504 .Warning_to_Tories_a s_they_take_a_poll_l ead/#commentsList freefinker
  • Score: 0

5:20pm Mon 11 Feb 13

ottred says...

Paramjit Bahia wrote:
Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate.

How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency?

There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside.

People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates.

Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils
Firstly, we're not citizens. Citizens are people of a republic, we're royal subjects.

And to say NuLabour are the lesser of two evils..you have a very short memory. Unless you're on benefits, then I can see your point.
[quote][p][bold]Paramjit Bahia[/bold] wrote: Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate. How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency? There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside. People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates. Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils[/p][/quote]Firstly, we're not citizens. Citizens are people of a republic, we're royal subjects. And to say NuLabour are the lesser of two evils..you have a very short memory. Unless you're on benefits, then I can see your point. ottred
  • Score: 0

5:30pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Paramjit Bahia says...

Comrade Southy, how could you and your Socialist Party be followers of Leon Trotsky who got Stalin's axe stuck into his exceptionally large head for preaching internationalism and at the same time start objecting to somebody contesting election because she does not live in Eastleigh?

As one who has sympathy with TUSC because it opposes cuts in public services, I am afraid your narrow minded LibDem type of argument could put even me off.

And that has nothing to do with why I will not support TUSC in Eastleigh. Reason for that is I was misled that there won't be a Candidate so I pestered my friend Lloyd to try for his party's nomination and when asked by close friend Varindra Sharma MP from Ealing to help his party I gave him my word. I do not break my promises.

Yes issues you raise are real serious matters and yes your party works admirably hard, but I have often explained the operational methods are often opportunist, unprincipled and wrong for the purpose.

Till all of us on the left give up those addictions people won't support us.
Comrade Southy, how could you and your Socialist Party be followers of Leon Trotsky who got Stalin's axe stuck into his exceptionally large head for preaching internationalism and at the same time start objecting to somebody contesting election because she does not live in Eastleigh? As one who has sympathy with TUSC because it opposes cuts in public services, I am afraid your narrow minded LibDem type of argument could put even me off. And that has nothing to do with why I will not support TUSC in Eastleigh. Reason for that is I was misled that there won't be a Candidate so I pestered my friend Lloyd to try for his party's nomination and when asked by close friend Varindra Sharma MP from Ealing to help his party I gave him my word. I do not break my promises. Yes issues you raise are real serious matters and yes your party works admirably hard, but I have often explained the operational methods are often opportunist, unprincipled and wrong for the purpose. Till all of us on the left give up those addictions people won't support us. Paramjit Bahia
  • Score: 0

5:42pm Mon 11 Feb 13

CharlieOxbridge says...

Best of luck Diane James.
Best of luck Diane James. CharlieOxbridge
  • Score: 0

5:45pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Paramjit Bahia says...

ottred wrote:
Paramjit Bahia wrote:
Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate.

How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency?

There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside.

People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates.

Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils
Firstly, we're not citizens. Citizens are people of a republic, we're royal subjects.

And to say NuLabour are the lesser of two evils..you have a very short memory. Unless you're on benefits, then I can see your point.
I am self employed and do not suffer from Tabloid Hysteria created against those who have no choice but to exist on welfare benefits.

Real scroungers are super rich with Swiss bank accounts and Tory donors from tax havens. Ever heard of Lord Cash Croft?

Yes NuLabour has plenty to answer for but as one American president once said about some South American dictator 'Yes he is Son of the b itch but he is our SOB', the NuLabourites are mine so and so
[quote][p][bold]ottred[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Paramjit Bahia[/bold] wrote: Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate. How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency? There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside. People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates. Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils[/p][/quote]Firstly, we're not citizens. Citizens are people of a republic, we're royal subjects. And to say NuLabour are the lesser of two evils..you have a very short memory. Unless you're on benefits, then I can see your point.[/p][/quote]I am self employed and do not suffer from Tabloid Hysteria created against those who have no choice but to exist on welfare benefits. Real scroungers are super rich with Swiss bank accounts and Tory donors from tax havens. Ever heard of Lord Cash Croft? Yes NuLabour has plenty to answer for but as one American president once said about some South American dictator 'Yes he is Son of the b itch but he is our SOB', the NuLabourites are mine so and so Paramjit Bahia
  • Score: 0

5:47pm Mon 11 Feb 13

freefinker says...

Paramjit, if you are still around you need to go down to the 15th story to see the new item on Labour.
Paramjit, if you are still around you need to go down to the 15th story to see the new item on Labour. freefinker
  • Score: 0

5:51pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Paramjit Bahia says...

Stephen J wrote:
Paramjit Bahia wrote:
Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate.

How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency?

There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside.

People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates.

Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils
Keep saying "vote UKIP, get Labour" enough and your message might just get through. Be careful what you wish for.
I am wishing for Lloyd, but he is not that popular with NuLabourites. So waiting till tomorrow with fingers crossed, that is when not using key board
[quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Paramjit Bahia[/bold] wrote: Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate. How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency? There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside. People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates. Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils[/p][/quote]Keep saying "vote UKIP, get Labour" enough and your message might just get through. Be careful what you wish for.[/p][/quote]I am wishing for Lloyd, but he is not that popular with NuLabourites. So waiting till tomorrow with fingers crossed, that is when not using key board Paramjit Bahia
  • Score: 0

7:23pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Stephen J says...

Paramjit Bahia wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Paramjit Bahia wrote:
Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate.

How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency?

There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside.

People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates.

Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils
Keep saying "vote UKIP, get Labour" enough and your message might just get through. Be careful what you wish for.
I am wishing for Lloyd, but he is not that popular with NuLabourites. So waiting till tomorrow with fingers crossed, that is when not using key board
If Alan Lloyd is selected, and you want him to have a chance, go quiet with the "vote UKIP, get Labour" mantra. Not that you're wrong, you're absolutely right, but people might just realise that you're right and decide to vote Conservative instead of UKIP. And you need every UKIP vote you can get, don't you?
[quote][p][bold]Paramjit Bahia[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Paramjit Bahia[/bold] wrote: Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate. How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency? There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside. People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates. Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils[/p][/quote]Keep saying "vote UKIP, get Labour" enough and your message might just get through. Be careful what you wish for.[/p][/quote]I am wishing for Lloyd, but he is not that popular with NuLabourites. So waiting till tomorrow with fingers crossed, that is when not using key board[/p][/quote]If Alan Lloyd is selected, and you want him to have a chance, go quiet with the "vote UKIP, get Labour" mantra. Not that you're wrong, you're absolutely right, but people might just realise that you're right and decide to vote Conservative instead of UKIP. And you need every UKIP vote you can get, don't you? Stephen J
  • Score: 0

7:48pm Mon 11 Feb 13

freefinker says...

Stephen J wrote:
Paramjit Bahia wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Paramjit Bahia wrote:
Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate.

How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency?

There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside.

People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates.

Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils
Keep saying "vote UKIP, get Labour" enough and your message might just get through. Be careful what you wish for.
I am wishing for Lloyd, but he is not that popular with NuLabourites. So waiting till tomorrow with fingers crossed, that is when not using key board
If Alan Lloyd is selected, and you want him to have a chance, go quiet with the "vote UKIP, get Labour" mantra. Not that you're wrong, you're absolutely right, but people might just realise that you're right and decide to vote Conservative instead of UKIP. And you need every UKIP vote you can get, don't you?
.. er, are you not making the assumption that this website is influential? LOL

But agree totally with your reasoning.
[quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Paramjit Bahia[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Paramjit Bahia[/bold] wrote: Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate. How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency? There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside. People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates. Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils[/p][/quote]Keep saying "vote UKIP, get Labour" enough and your message might just get through. Be careful what you wish for.[/p][/quote]I am wishing for Lloyd, but he is not that popular with NuLabourites. So waiting till tomorrow with fingers crossed, that is when not using key board[/p][/quote]If Alan Lloyd is selected, and you want him to have a chance, go quiet with the "vote UKIP, get Labour" mantra. Not that you're wrong, you're absolutely right, but people might just realise that you're right and decide to vote Conservative instead of UKIP. And you need every UKIP vote you can get, don't you?[/p][/quote].. er, are you not making the assumption that this website is influential? LOL But agree totally with your reasoning. freefinker
  • Score: 0

8:25pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Stephen J says...

freefinker wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Paramjit Bahia wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Paramjit Bahia wrote:
Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate.

How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency?

There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside.

People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates.

Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils
Keep saying "vote UKIP, get Labour" enough and your message might just get through. Be careful what you wish for.
I am wishing for Lloyd, but he is not that popular with NuLabourites. So waiting till tomorrow with fingers crossed, that is when not using key board
If Alan Lloyd is selected, and you want him to have a chance, go quiet with the "vote UKIP, get Labour" mantra. Not that you're wrong, you're absolutely right, but people might just realise that you're right and decide to vote Conservative instead of UKIP. And you need every UKIP vote you can get, don't you?
.. er, are you not making the assumption that this website is influential? LOL

But agree totally with your reasoning.
You never know. There could be anonymous thousands who come here for guidance on all matters. Then again...
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Paramjit Bahia[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Paramjit Bahia[/bold] wrote: Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate. How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency? There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside. People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates. Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils[/p][/quote]Keep saying "vote UKIP, get Labour" enough and your message might just get through. Be careful what you wish for.[/p][/quote]I am wishing for Lloyd, but he is not that popular with NuLabourites. So waiting till tomorrow with fingers crossed, that is when not using key board[/p][/quote]If Alan Lloyd is selected, and you want him to have a chance, go quiet with the "vote UKIP, get Labour" mantra. Not that you're wrong, you're absolutely right, but people might just realise that you're right and decide to vote Conservative instead of UKIP. And you need every UKIP vote you can get, don't you?[/p][/quote].. er, are you not making the assumption that this website is influential? LOL But agree totally with your reasoning.[/p][/quote]You never know. There could be anonymous thousands who come here for guidance on all matters. Then again... Stephen J
  • Score: 0

8:30pm Mon 11 Feb 13

HettyGetty says...

I can see the logical reasoning on some of these comments.

Let's face facts.....Labour nearly bankrupted us, which in turn forced a coalition government of the LibCons.
They in turn because they are are trying to balance the books decide to penalise everbody they can, be they lower, or middle class. Cut benefits for everybody except of course they leave the very rich alone.

Never mind they continue to pay the EU £50million's per day and still they pay foreign aid to countries who are far better off than our own. Immigrants are still pouring onto our shores and we have to subsidise them also. Labour won't stop it, Conservatives won't stop it and Liberals won't stop it. We were promised a referendum but we haven't had one and we won't get one any time soon.

Show all these parties that enough is enough and vote UKIP. Perhaps it will bring some sense to the other parties, you never know UKIP may just be able to get this country back on its feet again and we won't be reliant on food banks for the poor or old people frightened to put their heating on.
I can see the logical reasoning on some of these comments. Let's face facts.....Labour nearly bankrupted us, which in turn forced a coalition government of the LibCons. They in turn because they are are trying to balance the books decide to penalise everbody they can, be they lower, or middle class. Cut benefits for everybody except of course they leave the very rich alone. Never mind they continue to pay the EU £50million's per day and still they pay foreign aid to countries who are far better off than our own. Immigrants are still pouring onto our shores and we have to subsidise them also. Labour won't stop it, Conservatives won't stop it and Liberals won't stop it. We were promised a referendum but we haven't had one and we won't get one any time soon. Show all these parties that enough is enough and vote UKIP. Perhaps it will bring some sense to the other parties, you never know UKIP may just be able to get this country back on its feet again and we won't be reliant on food banks for the poor or old people frightened to put their heating on. HettyGetty
  • Score: 0

11:47pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Eco-student says...

Will someone make this lunatic shut up ? It is like that scene about the people's front of Judea from life of Brian on here.

If freefinker and southie are not two personalities of the same guy I would personally not be at all surprised. It is just embarrassing to read
Will someone make this lunatic shut up ? It is like that scene about the people's front of Judea from life of Brian on here. If freefinker and southie are not two personalities of the same guy I would personally not be at all surprised. It is just embarrassing to read Eco-student
  • Score: 0

1:06am Tue 12 Feb 13

freefinker says...

Eco-student wrote:
Will someone make this lunatic shut up ? It is like that scene about the people's front of Judea from life of Brian on here.

If freefinker and southie are not two personalities of the same guy I would personally not be at all surprised. It is just embarrassing to read
.. you don't have to come on here you know.
[quote][p][bold]Eco-student[/bold] wrote: Will someone make this lunatic shut up ? It is like that scene about the people's front of Judea from life of Brian on here. If freefinker and southie are not two personalities of the same guy I would personally not be at all surprised. It is just embarrassing to read[/p][/quote].. you don't have to come on here you know. freefinker
  • Score: 0

2:14am Tue 12 Feb 13

Paramjit Bahia says...

Stephen J wrote:
freefinker wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Paramjit Bahia wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Paramjit Bahia wrote:
Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate.

How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency?

There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside.

People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates.

Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils
Keep saying "vote UKIP, get Labour" enough and your message might just get through. Be careful what you wish for.
I am wishing for Lloyd, but he is not that popular with NuLabourites. So waiting till tomorrow with fingers crossed, that is when not using key board
If Alan Lloyd is selected, and you want him to have a chance, go quiet with the "vote UKIP, get Labour" mantra. Not that you're wrong, you're absolutely right, but people might just realise that you're right and decide to vote Conservative instead of UKIP. And you need every UKIP vote you can get, don't you?
.. er, are you not making the assumption that this website is influential? LOL

But agree totally with your reasoning.
You never know. There could be anonymous thousands who come here for guidance on all matters. Then again...
Thank you both for good advice. My mistake; did not realise I may be unwittingly alerting some people.
[quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Paramjit Bahia[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Paramjit Bahia[/bold] wrote: Attacking a candidate because she is not from Eastleigh is unfair. As citizen of the country she has every right to be a candidate. How can some of very intelligent people on this site as socialists argue for internationalism and then when it comes to elections start moaning because candidate's residence is not right in the middle of constituency? There is no guarantee that a person living in the area will actually be comitted to serving people better than someone who lives outside. People should be questioning policies of the parties and comittment of candidates. Hope UKIP will be successful in dividing Tory votes, which will suit NuLabour i.e. lesser of the main evils[/p][/quote]Keep saying "vote UKIP, get Labour" enough and your message might just get through. Be careful what you wish for.[/p][/quote]I am wishing for Lloyd, but he is not that popular with NuLabourites. So waiting till tomorrow with fingers crossed, that is when not using key board[/p][/quote]If Alan Lloyd is selected, and you want him to have a chance, go quiet with the "vote UKIP, get Labour" mantra. Not that you're wrong, you're absolutely right, but people might just realise that you're right and decide to vote Conservative instead of UKIP. And you need every UKIP vote you can get, don't you?[/p][/quote].. er, are you not making the assumption that this website is influential? LOL But agree totally with your reasoning.[/p][/quote]You never know. There could be anonymous thousands who come here for guidance on all matters. Then again...[/p][/quote]Thank you both for good advice. My mistake; did not realise I may be unwittingly alerting some people. Paramjit Bahia
  • Score: 0

10:44am Tue 12 Feb 13

HettyGetty says...

I have to say that your reasoning about a re-selection of NuLabour is dubious however as Mr. Cameron looks to be a new member of Labour this country won't be much worse off. Neither the Cons/Lib/Lab seem to have much idea about budgets or balancing the books.

If they did they would have pulled us out of the EU by now and stopped overseas aid. That alone would have made a huge difference to how we in this country had more money to support and invest in more jobs, better living conditions for the poor and elderly. We could be world leaders in new energy technology by drilling for deep sea methane gas which would save us being reliant on Russia, France and whoever else we currently support. We could, if we went ahead with this be able to sell our product and bring money back into this country instead of providing wealth for everybody else.

If you vote UKIP you will have an untried party, but a party who will be able to provide at least a glimmer of hope, that this country hasn't been completely flushed down the pan.
I have to say that your reasoning about a re-selection of NuLabour is dubious however as Mr. Cameron looks to be a new member of Labour this country won't be much worse off. Neither the Cons/Lib/Lab seem to have much idea about budgets or balancing the books. If they did they would have pulled us out of the EU by now and stopped overseas aid. That alone would have made a huge difference to how we in this country had more money to support and invest in more jobs, better living conditions for the poor and elderly. We could be world leaders in new energy technology by drilling for deep sea methane gas which would save us being reliant on Russia, France and whoever else we currently support. We could, if we went ahead with this be able to sell our product and bring money back into this country instead of providing wealth for everybody else. If you vote UKIP you will have an untried party, but a party who will be able to provide at least a glimmer of hope, that this country hasn't been completely flushed down the pan. HettyGetty
  • Score: 0

4:40pm Tue 12 Feb 13

Stephen Hayes says...

I heard Diane James at the UKIP hustings on Sunday and voted for her. I don't care if she's from Surrey, she is an articulate, well informed and capable candidate and wants an immediate moratorium of all immigration until (A) we have restored our border control agency into something that is fit for purpose, and (B) decided who-if anyone- we want to invite in to our very badly overcrowded country.

I know that socialists are very bad at sums, but try this one.

-3 million extra immigrants under Labour

-3 million UK unemployed.

do the math.
I heard Diane James at the UKIP hustings on Sunday and voted for her. I don't care if she's from Surrey, she is an articulate, well informed and capable candidate and wants an immediate moratorium of all immigration until (A) we have restored our border control agency into something that is fit for purpose, and (B) decided who-if anyone- we want to invite in to our very badly overcrowded country. I know that socialists are very bad at sums, but try this one. -3 million extra immigrants under Labour -3 million UK unemployed. do the math. Stephen Hayes
  • Score: 0

4:45pm Tue 12 Feb 13

Stephen Hayes says...

At the UKIP press conference in Eastleigh this morning, Nigel Farage said in response to a question about the closure of the Eastleigh Ford plant with the loss of 480 jobs that an £80,000,000 EU loan has enabled Ford to relocate these jobs to Turkey.

British taxpayers were forced to put up £10,000,000 of that loan. So we are paying the Eurocrats to export our jobs overseas.

Does anyone recall voting for this?
At the UKIP press conference in Eastleigh this morning, Nigel Farage said in response to a question about the closure of the Eastleigh Ford plant with the loss of 480 jobs that an £80,000,000 EU loan has enabled Ford to relocate these jobs to Turkey. British taxpayers were forced to put up £10,000,000 of that loan. So we are paying the Eurocrats to export our jobs overseas. Does anyone recall voting for this? Stephen Hayes
  • Score: 0

4:35pm Wed 13 Feb 13

beiroot says...

Is Turkey in the EU?
Is Turkey in the EU? beiroot
  • Score: 0

8:29pm Sat 16 Feb 13

LancashireLad says...

With an excelent candidate in Diane James could this be the UK Independence Party's first MP? If so it will not only put UKIP in the starting blocks for the next General Election but also put Eastleigh in the national limelight for at least the next two years. It is time for a change to shake up UK politics, so come Eastleigh voters vote for Diane James and UKIP.
With an excelent candidate in Diane James could this be the UK Independence Party's first MP? If so it will not only put UKIP in the starting blocks for the next General Election but also put Eastleigh in the national limelight for at least the next two years. It is time for a change to shake up UK politics, so come Eastleigh voters vote for Diane James and UKIP. LancashireLad
  • Score: 0

8:32pm Sat 16 Feb 13

LancashireLad says...

noticed typo above ... excellent* candidate Diane James....
noticed typo above ... excellent* candidate Diane James.... LancashireLad
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree