NEW boss Mauricio Pochettino faces a big selection dilemma in his first game in charge tonight.
The Argentine faces Everton in a crucial Premier League game screened live on Sky TV.
And he has to decide whether to hand Norwegian centre half Vegard Forren his Saints debut.
The 24-year-old was unveiled at St Mary’s shortly after Pochettino was announced as Nigel Adkins’ shock successor last Friday.
Forren has not played a senior game since the beginning of December, when he turned out for Molde in the Europa League.
Molde’s league season runs from April through to November, and Forren was an ever present in his club’s 2012 title success.
If Forren does start, Jos Hooiveld is most likely to be dropped, despite the fact he helped Saints to four points from two away games at Aston Villa and Chelsea following Jose Fonte’s knee injury.
Pochettino must also decide whether to bring back top scorer Rickie Lambert, who came off the bench to score in the 2-2 draw at Chelsea.
He almost certainly will start with Saints’ talisman, who has now scored 10 league goals in his debut top flight seasonm, with Guly dropping out.
Captain Adam Lallana could also be back, after being sidelined ever since the 1-0 win against Reading at St Mary’s on December 8 with a knee injury.
Lallana has resumed training and he faces a late fitness test.
Winger Kevin Mirallas is not expected to be risked when Everton travel to St Mary’s after virtually two months out with a hamstring injury.
The Belgian is reported to be back in training but, after attempting to come back last month and breaking down again, manager David Moyes will not want to rush him.
Defender Johnny Heitinga could return after missing the last two games with a knock, but full-back Tony Hibbert (calf) and midfielder Darron Gibson (thigh) remain on the sidelines.
- Koeman nominated for manager of the month - again!
- Saints striker Graziano Pelle: I hope I repaid the faith shown in me
- Southampton striker Graziano Pelle continues great start to international career
- Saints legend Benali hits out at Hodgson's use of Ryan Bertrand
- Townsend leveller denies Saints striker Pelle international friendly winner
- Southampton legend Matt Le Tissier set for Countdown appearance
- Southampton reveal season ticket prices for 2015/16
- Saints defenders prepare for possibility of Pelle showdown