DUSAN Tadic’s club manager has confirmed he is on the brink of joining Ronald Koeman’s Saints revolution.
The 25-year-old Serbian international sat out FC Twente's 14-1 friendly win over amateur club VV Oldenzaal at the weekend due to his proposed transfer.
- Puel confident Saints can handle the pressure
- 'Jose deserves to be treated with more respect': Fans react to Fonte's contract situation
- It's time to make your mind up, Claude!
- Saints legend Le Tissier says he saw 'disgusting' behaviour as sex abuse investigation is stepped up
- Where would Saints be without Charlie Austin?
- PHOTOS: Saints legends Le Tissier and Benali swap Southampton kits for festive fancy dress to raise money
- Hapoel Be'er Sheva in rich goalscoring form before Saints clash
- Frustrated Fonte denies Saints contract talk
“Everyone knows he is close to an agreement,” Schreuder said. “We don't want to take any risks with him at all.”
Tadic, the fourth top scorer in the Dutch League last season as well as providing the most assists, is believed to be costing Saints around £9m.