THE Winchester City juggernaut rolled on tonight with a 6-0 crushing of Fareham Town at the Denplan City Ground.

In just 180 minutes of Sydenhams Premier football, the pre-season title favourites have already banged in 13 goals and kept two clean sheets.

Star summer signing Warren Bentley was again named on the bench and this time it was his former Alresford teammate Andy Mott who stole the show with a hat-trick.

Playing in central midfield alongside Stuart Green, Mott opened his account with a cracking header from Taz Roberts’ cross and scored two more either side of the break.

Zach Glasspool sandwiched a penalty in between and, after sub Bentley had chested down and scored the fifth, Glasspool crowned another fine victory with the goal of the night.

“I’ve seen Zach score a fair few quality goals, but this was the best ever,” enthused City co-boss Danny Robinson.

“He twisted two defenders and, from an acute angle, smashed it into the top corner. It was well worth the entrance fee.”

City had torn apart a young, inexperienced Bournemouth Poppies side 7-0 on Saturday, but Robinson said: “This was a better performance because Fareham are a good side.

“They had some chances in the second half when we were 4-0 up. Jason Collins came in for Ross Casey in goal and made two good one-on-one saves and tipped a couple over the bar.”

Winchester top the table with a maximum six points and have Brockenhurst and Horndean for company.

Horndean won the Portsmouth derby 2-1 against ten-man Moneyfields with Gary Austin and George Davis on target, and there was another fine victory for Brockenhurst at Hamworthy United.

Having seen off much-fancied Newport IoW 1-0 at Grigg Lane on Saturday, Pat McManus’s Badgers travelled to the County Ground in good spirits.

By the end of the night they were on cloud nine, coming away with a 2-0 victory over a Hammers side who have yet to bank their first point.

Skipper Harry Jeffries scored Brock’s first on 13 minutes from a Murray Holmes corner and, at 1-0, Badgers goalkeeper Sam Cousins made an important save from Dom Allen’s free-kick.

The visitors had Will Tickle sent off for a second bookable offence with about 15 minutes remaining, but the ten men managed to double their advantage in stoppage time when Darryl Phillips volleyed in Tom Hill’s cross.

“It was another good, solid performance by us,” said McManus. “We missed a few chances, but it was a solid defensive display. The whole back four played well.

“We were under the cosh for a 25-minute period in the second half but defended ever so well. Hamworthy were still chasing it when we scored our second late in the day.”

Totton & Eling began their season with a slender 1-0 defeat at Newport IoW – Scott Sampson settling the issue after 18 minutes.

Folland Sports and AFC Portchester fared no better in their first games – Portchester beaten 1-0 by Division One champions Petersfield and Follands losing 3-2 at home against the other promoted side Andover Town.

Follands led 2-1 at one stage through Ashley Jarvis and Ryan Long, but the sendings-off of Jake Long and Will Harris proved costly. Andover’s goals came courtesy of Alex Dockree, Claudio Herbert and new signing Nic Turpin.

Petersfield’s winner came after Portchester’s former Follands goalkeeper Jon Webb dropped the ball, struggling with a serious knee injury that needed hospital treatment.