BROCKENHURST are enjoying the view from the top of the Sydenhams Premier Division.

Pat McManus’s men are the surprise new leaders following yesterday’s 6-3 beating of rock-bottom Totton & Eling at Grigg Lane.

With previous pace-setters Blackfield & Langley drawing 1-1 at Moneyfields, Brock have sneaked a point ahead of the Watersiders after extending their unbeaten league run to four games.

But manager McManus wasn’t entirely happy with the nature of yesterday’s victory.

Having fallen behind to an Aaron Blaxall goal, Brock came back to lead through Daryll Phillips and Mark Barker before conceding a 27th-minute Callum Oliver leveller.

Brad Magookin (2), Tom Hill and Barker then put clear daylight between the sides before Breon Graham hit back late for the Millers.

“We were slow out of the traps, conceded, scored two good goals and then let in another bad one,” said McManus. “I felt we dominated the whole game, but I wasn’t happy with the nature of the goals we conceded. We were sloppy twice in the first half and twice we got punished.

“There’s still lots of stuff we need to work on but the most pleasing thing for me and (assistant) Tony Patten is that we are where we are and there’s still room for improvement.

“We’re realists and we don’t expect to be there (at the top) the whole season, but we expect to spoil a few parties. The trouble is, we’re also capable of spoiling our own party – but we will get better,” he pledged.

Danny Young gave Blackfield a second-half lead at Dover Road, but Moneyfields hit back swiftly through Stuart Green.

Surprise of the day came at the Denplan City Ground where title favourites Winchester City were stunned 3-2 by newly-promoted Petersfield Town.

Leading by an 11th-minute Mike McEnery goal at the break, City succumbed to a Brad Miles leveller two minutes into the second half before reclaiming the lead with a 54th-minute own goal. As a cross came in from the right, Winchester striker Warren Bentley rose to meet it and it went in off rookie centre-half Ed Dryden.

But the 17-year-old defender atoned by heading home a corner to level matters 2-2 after 69 minutes and it was Petersfield skipper Alex Ward who sealed victory eight minutes from time, meeting a curled free kick with a powerful header.

Petersfield chairman Graeme Moir said: “The team played at a top level today and, as our manager Ian Saunders said afterwards, you have to play at that level to beat a side like Winchester.

“One or two of us were hoping we’d go there and win, but we weren’t putting too much money on it!”

Folland Sports were disappointingly beaten 2-0 at home by Lymington Town.

After a goalless first half, Lymington stunned the Planemakers with two carbon-copy goals.

Brad Strickland made the first, crossing from the right for Warren Kenna to slot home at the back stick, and then Strickland netted the second himself at the opposite post from Ben Sullivan’s delivery.

“We had players out again today and only had one fit on the bench,” said Lymington boss John Pyatt.

“Carlo Tate played the whole game at 42 years of age and was probably man-of-the-match playing a holding role in front of the back four.”

Lymington have taken bright, young striker Tony Lee on a season-long loan from Eastleigh but he picked up an injury against Christchurch last Friday. Lee, along with Jack Smith and Harrison Weekes, were rewarded with permanent Spitfires deals during the summer.

Kieran Palmer got Fawley AFC’s goal in a 2-1 defeat at Whitchurch United, leaving the Oilers second to bottom.

Dan Munday and Jordan Fisk bagged doubles as Verwood Town edged at seven-goal thriller 4-3 at Bemerton, while Marcus Cullen’s brace secured a 2-2 draw for Christchurch at AFC Portchester (Craig Hardy, Andy Rinomhota).

Andover Town beat Horndean 2-1, while Bournemouth Poppies’ derby against Hamworthy was postponed.