Programme shop at St. Mary's Stadium closes

Daily Echo: Saints programme shop closes Saints programme shop closes

THE Saints Programme Shop has closed after 30 years in operation.

Andrew Murray, who runs the ‘supporters facility’, was informed by the club ahead of the last home game, against Fulham, that he would no longer be able to use the unit that he has occupied in the Chapel concourse at St Mary’s.

Mr Murray said Saints had told him they are instead turning it into a catering outlet.

The shop first began in the old Halo Club premises, opposite the Dell, in the 1982/83 season.

It boasted a huge collection of Saints programmes from throughout the years, while also featuring publications from many other clubs.

When the move to St Mary’s went through in 2001, the shop took up residence in the Chapel concourse, where it had been ever since.

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:07am Tue 16 Oct 12

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...

Oh dear, this is going to cause more nashing of teeth.

Usual story, probably makes good business sense but handled badly.
Oh dear, this is going to cause more nashing of teeth. Usual story, probably makes good business sense but handled badly. Seedhouse the Unrepentant
  • Score: 0

8:30am Tue 16 Oct 12

Rob The Saint NOT in NZ says...

I was distraught when the "chocolate boxes" at the Milton Road End were knocked down.

That was NC's fault too.
I was distraught when the "chocolate boxes" at the Milton Road End were knocked down. That was NC's fault too. Rob The Saint NOT in NZ
  • Score: 0

8:56am Tue 16 Oct 12

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...

Rob The Saint NOT in NZ wrote:
I was distraught when the "chocolate boxes" at the Milton Road End were knocked down.

That was NC's fault too.
No that was Guly. Crashed into them p!ssed up. FACT.
[quote][p][bold]Rob The Saint NOT in NZ[/bold] wrote: I was distraught when the "chocolate boxes" at the Milton Road End were knocked down. That was NC's fault too.[/p][/quote]No that was Guly. Crashed into them p!ssed up. FACT. Seedhouse the Unrepentant
  • Score: 0

9:26am Tue 16 Oct 12

Rob The Saint NOT in NZ says...

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Rob The Saint NOT in NZ wrote:
I was distraught when the "chocolate boxes" at the Milton Road End were knocked down.

That was NC's fault too.
No that was Guly. Crashed into them p!ssed up. FACT.
I'm sorry, Seedy. You are correct because you ended your post with "FACT" & that always means someone is telling the truth on here.

(Although, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Fox was in the car with Guly, giving him directions?)
[quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rob The Saint NOT in NZ[/bold] wrote: I was distraught when the "chocolate boxes" at the Milton Road End were knocked down. That was NC's fault too.[/p][/quote]No that was Guly. Crashed into them p!ssed up. FACT.[/p][/quote]I'm sorry, Seedy. You are correct because you ended your post with "FACT" & that always means someone is telling the truth on here. (Although, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Fox was in the car with Guly, giving him directions?) Rob The Saint NOT in NZ
  • Score: 0

9:48am Tue 16 Oct 12

Thorshammer says...

Rob The Saint NOT in NZ wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Rob The Saint NOT in NZ wrote:
I was distraught when the "chocolate boxes" at the Milton Road End were knocked down.

That was NC's fault too.
No that was Guly. Crashed into them p!ssed up. FACT.
I'm sorry, Seedy. You are correct because you ended your post with "FACT" & that always means someone is telling the truth on here.

(Although, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Fox was in the car with Guly, giving him directions?)
True, Hoover was also there, he had wandered into the Box to wellie a stray ball bouncing across it.
[quote][p][bold]Rob The Saint NOT in NZ[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rob The Saint NOT in NZ[/bold] wrote: I was distraught when the "chocolate boxes" at the Milton Road End were knocked down. That was NC's fault too.[/p][/quote]No that was Guly. Crashed into them p!ssed up. FACT.[/p][/quote]I'm sorry, Seedy. You are correct because you ended your post with "FACT" & that always means someone is telling the truth on here. (Although, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Fox was in the car with Guly, giving him directions?)[/p][/quote]True, Hoover was also there, he had wandered into the Box to wellie a stray ball bouncing across it. Thorshammer
  • Score: 0

9:49am Tue 16 Oct 12

St Retford says...

Well it sounds like HIGH DRAMA at St Marys. What's the latest in skuntsville? Are the trust still heading for an internecine court battle with Chainrai that can only result in destruction for the trust, disappointment for Chainrai and the end of PFC as we all know and love it?
Well it sounds like HIGH DRAMA at St Marys. What's the latest in skuntsville? Are the trust still heading for an internecine court battle with Chainrai that can only result in destruction for the trust, disappointment for Chainrai and the end of PFC as we all know and love it? St Retford
  • Score: 0

9:55am Tue 16 Oct 12

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...

Thorshammer wrote:
Rob The Saint NOT in NZ wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Rob The Saint NOT in NZ wrote:
I was distraught when the "chocolate boxes" at the Milton Road End were knocked down.

That was NC's fault too.
No that was Guly. Crashed into them p!ssed up. FACT.
I'm sorry, Seedy. You are correct because you ended your post with "FACT" & that always means someone is telling the truth on here.

(Although, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Fox was in the car with Guly, giving him directions?)
True, Hoover was also there, he had wandered into the Box to wellie a stray ball bouncing across it.
Kelv was in the boot.
[quote][p][bold]Thorshammer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rob The Saint NOT in NZ[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rob The Saint NOT in NZ[/bold] wrote: I was distraught when the "chocolate boxes" at the Milton Road End were knocked down. That was NC's fault too.[/p][/quote]No that was Guly. Crashed into them p!ssed up. FACT.[/p][/quote]I'm sorry, Seedy. You are correct because you ended your post with "FACT" & that always means someone is telling the truth on here. (Although, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Fox was in the car with Guly, giving him directions?)[/p][/quote]True, Hoover was also there, he had wandered into the Box to wellie a stray ball bouncing across it.[/p][/quote]Kelv was in the boot. Seedhouse the Unrepentant
  • Score: 0

9:58am Tue 16 Oct 12

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...

Beautifully summarised.

Or as the yanks would say summarized. With a stupid drawl to boot. Still, better than the sweaties I suppose.
Beautifully summarised. Or as the yanks would say summarized. With a stupid drawl to boot. Still, better than the sweaties I suppose. Seedhouse the Unrepentant
  • Score: 0

10:30am Tue 16 Oct 12

Dickosfc says...

I think this sort of thing is happeneing across the board, at all clubs. There's so much information about on the internet now, people are not buying as many programs as before.
I think this sort of thing is happeneing across the board, at all clubs. There's so much information about on the internet now, people are not buying as many programs as before. Dickosfc
  • Score: 0

10:42am Tue 16 Oct 12

St Retford says...

Dickosfc wrote:
I think this sort of thing is happeneing across the board, at all clubs. There's so much information about on the internet now, people are not buying as many programs as before.
Aye. Within a couple of years programmes will just be PDFs that get sent direct to people's phones and the whole printing process will be completely bypassed. It's 'progress' and you can't fight it.
[quote][p][bold]Dickosfc[/bold] wrote: I think this sort of thing is happeneing across the board, at all clubs. There's so much information about on the internet now, people are not buying as many programs as before.[/p][/quote]Aye. Within a couple of years programmes will just be PDFs that get sent direct to people's phones and the whole printing process will be completely bypassed. It's 'progress' and you can't fight it. St Retford
  • Score: 0

10:57am Tue 16 Oct 12

SO50 Saint says...

I always remember Villa Park having quite a decent bit for programmes just by where the turnstiles are only problem is away fans are in a different stand now
I always remember Villa Park having quite a decent bit for programmes just by where the turnstiles are only problem is away fans are in a different stand now SO50 Saint
  • Score: 0

11:02am Tue 16 Oct 12

Strasbourg Saint says...

St Retford wrote:
Dickosfc wrote:
I think this sort of thing is happeneing across the board, at all clubs. There's so much information about on the internet now, people are not buying as many programs as before.
Aye. Within a couple of years programmes will just be PDFs that get sent direct to people's phones and the whole printing process will be completely bypassed. It's 'progress' and you can't fight it.
It's going to be a bu66er to get the players to sign them, isn't it?

Oh yes, and programme NOT program (unless we're talking Microsofty sort of stuff - sorry Dicko, no offence) and, yes, Seedhouse, 'summarissssssssssse
d' with an S, not thoze ztupid American Zs.

Az that great Britpop act SS Top would zing, 'Gimme all your lovin', all your hugz and kizzez, too'.
[quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dickosfc[/bold] wrote: I think this sort of thing is happeneing across the board, at all clubs. There's so much information about on the internet now, people are not buying as many programs as before.[/p][/quote]Aye. Within a couple of years programmes will just be PDFs that get sent direct to people's phones and the whole printing process will be completely bypassed. It's 'progress' and you can't fight it.[/p][/quote]It's going to be a bu66er to get the players to sign them, isn't it? Oh yes, and programme NOT program (unless we're talking Microsofty sort of stuff - sorry Dicko, no offence) and, yes, Seedhouse, 'summarissssssssssse d' with an S, not thoze ztupid American Zs. Az that great Britpop act SS Top would zing, 'Gimme all your lovin', all your hugz and kizzez, too'. Strasbourg Saint
  • Score: 0

11:08am Tue 16 Oct 12

St Retford says...

Ah, autographs are so 20th century. The modern equivalent is getting your favourite footballer to give you a 're-tweet'. It's all about the smartphone.

:(
Ah, autographs are so 20th century. The modern equivalent is getting your favourite footballer to give you a 're-tweet'. It's all about the smartphone. :( St Retford
  • Score: 0

11:37am Tue 16 Oct 12

mbetts says...

No big deal, if he wants to carry on running it there are plenty of vacant shop units to rent within a square mile of St Marys and he could run this all year round as opposed to just match days so he'll probably be better off?

Or there's ebay?
No big deal, if he wants to carry on running it there are plenty of vacant shop units to rent within a square mile of St Marys and he could run this all year round as opposed to just match days so he'll probably be better off? Or there's ebay? mbetts
  • Score: 0

3:58pm Tue 16 Oct 12

PTID1898 says...

The headline should have said,....Hard times creeping back in at st mary's?...

Then the first paragraph would start by saying.......

It seems the strain of being in the premier league are starting to take it's toll,with saints starting to shut some of its facilities starting with the programme sellers.

Cracks started appearing when saints chairman Cortese,loaned £14m from overseas to pay this months wages but found out that it wouldn't be enough and asked for more...

This is just the start for all you inbred sc*m,but none of you can see it yet, just wait and see what happens when you get relegated, Then I will be singing who the f**k is laughing now..PUP
The headline should have said,....Hard times creeping back in at st mary's?... Then the first paragraph would start by saying....... It seems the strain of being in the premier league are starting to take it's toll,with saints starting to shut some of its facilities starting with the programme sellers. Cracks started appearing when saints chairman Cortese,loaned £14m from overseas to pay this months wages but found out that it wouldn't be enough and asked for more... This is just the start for all you inbred sc*m,but none of you can see it yet, just wait and see what happens when you get relegated, Then I will be singing who the f**k is laughing now..PUP PTID1898
  • Score: 0

4:01pm Tue 16 Oct 12

SO50 Saint says...

Someone needs a Pint of Bitter don't they. Why do you keep quoting a young dog on the end of your messages no-one cares that you shag Puppies as sick as it is.
Someone needs a Pint of Bitter don't they. Why do you keep quoting a young dog on the end of your messages no-one cares that you shag Puppies as sick as it is. SO50 Saint
  • Score: 0

4:13pm Tue 16 Oct 12

Strasbourg Saint says...

PTID1898 wrote:
The headline should have said,....Hard times creeping back in at st mary's?...

Then the first paragraph would start by saying.......

It seems the strain of being in the premier league are starting to take it's toll,with saints starting to shut some of its facilities starting with the programme sellers.

Cracks started appearing when saints chairman Cortese,loaned £14m from overseas to pay this months wages but found out that it wouldn't be enough and asked for more...

This is just the start for all you inbred sc*m,but none of you can see it yet, just wait and see what happens when you get relegated, Then I will be singing who the f**k is laughing now..PUP
Oh no! I'm completely devastated. This is terrible. How on earth couldn't we all have seen it before? However, I'm really glad you have taken the trouble to point out all that 'truth' and 'logic'.

If only, only, only some of the previous skate owners had brought you in to advise them.

What's that you say? 'They did'? You're kidding!
[quote][p][bold]PTID1898[/bold] wrote: The headline should have said,....Hard times creeping back in at st mary's?... Then the first paragraph would start by saying....... It seems the strain of being in the premier league are starting to take it's toll,with saints starting to shut some of its facilities starting with the programme sellers. Cracks started appearing when saints chairman Cortese,loaned £14m from overseas to pay this months wages but found out that it wouldn't be enough and asked for more... This is just the start for all you inbred sc*m,but none of you can see it yet, just wait and see what happens when you get relegated, Then I will be singing who the f**k is laughing now..PUP[/p][/quote]Oh no! I'm completely devastated. This is terrible. How on earth couldn't we all have seen it before? However, I'm really glad you have taken the trouble to point out all that 'truth' and 'logic'. If only, only, only some of the previous skate owners had brought you in to advise them. What's that you say? 'They did'? You're kidding! Strasbourg Saint
  • Score: 0

4:45pm Tue 16 Oct 12

mbetts says...

PTID1898 wrote:
The headline should have said,....Hard times creeping back in at st mary's?...

Then the first paragraph would start by saying.......

It seems the strain of being in the premier league are starting to take it's toll,with saints starting to shut some of its facilities starting with the programme sellers.

Cracks started appearing when saints chairman Cortese,loaned £14m from overseas to pay this months wages but found out that it wouldn't be enough and asked for more...

This is just the start for all you inbred sc*m,but none of you can see it yet, just wait and see what happens when you get relegated, Then I will be singing who the f**k is laughing now..PUP
GO HOME!!!!!

http://www.portsmout
h.co.uk/

Loser!!!!!!

P.S. Well done on securing your long-term future with your multi-million pound takeover!

LMFAO!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]PTID1898[/bold] wrote: The headline should have said,....Hard times creeping back in at st mary's?... Then the first paragraph would start by saying....... It seems the strain of being in the premier league are starting to take it's toll,with saints starting to shut some of its facilities starting with the programme sellers. Cracks started appearing when saints chairman Cortese,loaned £14m from overseas to pay this months wages but found out that it wouldn't be enough and asked for more... This is just the start for all you inbred sc*m,but none of you can see it yet, just wait and see what happens when you get relegated, Then I will be singing who the f**k is laughing now..PUP[/p][/quote]GO HOME!!!!! http://www.portsmout h.co.uk/ Loser!!!!!! P.S. Well done on securing your long-term future with your multi-million pound takeover! LMFAO!!!!! mbetts
  • Score: 0

5:10pm Tue 16 Oct 12

franiow says...

Didn't know there was a programme shop. Wish Saints would give more notice to these people. However, anything that improves the supply of sustenance at SMS is a good thing. Many fans look like they are fading away.
Didn't know there was a programme shop. Wish Saints would give more notice to these people. However, anything that improves the supply of sustenance at SMS is a good thing. Many fans look like they are fading away. franiow
  • Score: 0

5:57pm Tue 16 Oct 12

Velleity says...

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Thorshammer wrote:
Rob The Saint NOT in NZ wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Rob The Saint NOT in NZ wrote:
I was distraught when the "chocolate boxes" at the Milton Road End were knocked down.

That was NC's fault too.
No that was Guly. Crashed into them p!ssed up. FACT.
I'm sorry, Seedy. You are correct because you ended your post with "FACT" & that always means someone is telling the truth on here.

(Although, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Fox was in the car with Guly, giving him directions?)
True, Hoover was also there, he had wandered into the Box to wellie a stray ball bouncing across it.
Kelv was in the boot.
And, as this happened BEFORE the Fulham game, Fonte was on the phone to Guly, distracting him.

Obviously, if it had been after the Fulham game, Fonte would have stopped the accident ever happening by using his superpowers. Or something.
[quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thorshammer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rob The Saint NOT in NZ[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rob The Saint NOT in NZ[/bold] wrote: I was distraught when the "chocolate boxes" at the Milton Road End were knocked down. That was NC's fault too.[/p][/quote]No that was Guly. Crashed into them p!ssed up. FACT.[/p][/quote]I'm sorry, Seedy. You are correct because you ended your post with "FACT" & that always means someone is telling the truth on here. (Although, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Fox was in the car with Guly, giving him directions?)[/p][/quote]True, Hoover was also there, he had wandered into the Box to wellie a stray ball bouncing across it.[/p][/quote]Kelv was in the boot.[/p][/quote]And, as this happened BEFORE the Fulham game, Fonte was on the phone to Guly, distracting him. Obviously, if it had been after the Fulham game, Fonte would have stopped the accident ever happening by using his superpowers. Or something. Velleity
  • Score: 0

9:41pm Tue 16 Oct 12

randre says...

PTID1898 wrote:
The headline should have said,....Hard times creeping back in at st mary's?...

Then the first paragraph would start by saying.......

It seems the strain of being in the premier league are starting to take it's toll,with saints starting to shut some of its facilities starting with the programme sellers.

Cracks started appearing when saints chairman Cortese,loaned £14m from overseas to pay this months wages but found out that it wouldn't be enough and asked for more...

This is just the start for all you inbred sc*m,but none of you can see it yet, just wait and see what happens when you get relegated, Then I will be singing who the f**k is laughing now..PUP
You wish...

Talking of poor finances, how are things at the shed? Channers back yet?

WTFILN
[quote][p][bold]PTID1898[/bold] wrote: The headline should have said,....Hard times creeping back in at st mary's?... Then the first paragraph would start by saying....... It seems the strain of being in the premier league are starting to take it's toll,with saints starting to shut some of its facilities starting with the programme sellers. Cracks started appearing when saints chairman Cortese,loaned £14m from overseas to pay this months wages but found out that it wouldn't be enough and asked for more... This is just the start for all you inbred sc*m,but none of you can see it yet, just wait and see what happens when you get relegated, Then I will be singing who the f**k is laughing now..PUP[/p][/quote]You wish... Talking of poor finances, how are things at the shed? Channers back yet? WTFILN randre
  • Score: 0

9:51am Wed 17 Oct 12

seventh-junction says...

PTID1898 wrote:
The headline should have said,....Hard times creeping back in at st mary's?...

Then the first paragraph would start by saying.......

It seems the strain of being in the premier league are starting to take it's toll,with saints starting to shut some of its facilities starting with the programme sellers.

Cracks started appearing when saints chairman Cortese,loaned £14m from overseas to pay this months wages but found out that it wouldn't be enough and asked for more...

This is just the start for all you inbred sc*m,but none of you can see it yet, just wait and see what happens when you get relegated, Then I will be singing who the f**k is laughing now..PUP
KN0B
3 years of parachute payments worth about 50m IF we do go down. Chuck in another 100m when we get promoted again after 1 season......not bad at all
Now run along there's a good green eyed fish f@cker.
FOADP WTFILN
[quote][p][bold]PTID1898[/bold] wrote: The headline should have said,....Hard times creeping back in at st mary's?... Then the first paragraph would start by saying....... It seems the strain of being in the premier league are starting to take it's toll,with saints starting to shut some of its facilities starting with the programme sellers. Cracks started appearing when saints chairman Cortese,loaned £14m from overseas to pay this months wages but found out that it wouldn't be enough and asked for more... This is just the start for all you inbred sc*m,but none of you can see it yet, just wait and see what happens when you get relegated, Then I will be singing who the f**k is laughing now..PUP[/p][/quote]KN0B 3 years of parachute payments worth about 50m IF we do go down. Chuck in another 100m when we get promoted again after 1 season......not bad at all Now run along there's a good green eyed fish f@cker. FOADP WTFILN seventh-junction
  • Score: 0

10:28am Wed 17 Oct 12

yeates0588 says...

Its pretty harsh. my uncle worked for them for around 30 years selling programs. now they have shut them down because the new people say they have there own sellers and my uncle now can't even get tickets. Just think they have had there loyalty to the club thrown away.
Its pretty harsh. my uncle worked for them for around 30 years selling programs. now they have shut them down because the new people say they have there own sellers and my uncle now can't even get tickets. Just think they have had there loyalty to the club thrown away. yeates0588
  • Score: 0

12:58pm Wed 17 Oct 12

Brusher Mills says...

Why does it have to be the end. It just can't be in the stadium anymore. It started outside the stadium, find another base. Maybe go online and find customers there.

I like the idea if PDF programmes, that's the way forward. I could then develop an app that allows footballers etc to sign their names using their finger on the screen of your smart phone. The image left can then be saved on the PDF.
Why does it have to be the end. It just can't be in the stadium anymore. It started outside the stadium, find another base. Maybe go online and find customers there. I like the idea if PDF programmes, that's the way forward. I could then develop an app that allows footballers etc to sign their names using their finger on the screen of your smart phone. The image left can then be saved on the PDF. Brusher Mills
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree