Wenger praises Saints academy

Daily Echo: Arsene Wenger Arsene Wenger

ARSENE Wenger has praised Saints for their ability to produce international standard players.

Wenger is a long-time admirer of the Saints academy, and his signed two players from the club in the last seven years.

Both Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are expected to be involved when Arsenal roll up at St Mary’s for tomorrow evening’s Premier League contest.

Walcott has played well over 200 games for Arsenal since arriving in January 2006 aged just 16 in a deal which was eventually worth £9.1m to Saints.

Arsenal raided Saints again in the summer of 2011 when securing Oxlade-Chamberlain in a £12m deal.

It has looked another sound investment, as the 19-year-old has developed quickly and since won full England honours, playing at Euro 2012.

Wenger, who has been linked with a move for Saints’ teenage left back Luke Shaw, feels the club deserve praise for their player development.

“They have done a fabulous job – you also look at Gareth Bale and what he is doing now at Tottenham,” he said.

“It is down to the quality of their scouting, the quality of their coaching and education.”

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:35pm Mon 31 Dec 12

up saints says...

keep your hands off shaw 5mil a laugh more like 35mil
keep your hands off shaw 5mil a laugh more like 35mil up saints
  • Score: 0

1:36pm Mon 31 Dec 12

saintlysoul says...

The problem is that the likes of Shaw and JWP would probably move as they have a greater chance of earning more and having international recognition at a bigger club. How many international caps would Lallana and Ricky have if they weren't playing for the Saints?
The problem is that the likes of Shaw and JWP would probably move as they have a greater chance of earning more and having international recognition at a bigger club. How many international caps would Lallana and Ricky have if they weren't playing for the Saints? saintlysoul
  • Score: 0

1:47pm Mon 31 Dec 12

up saints says...

saintlysoul wrote:
The problem is that the likes of Shaw and JWP would probably move as they have a greater chance of earning more and having international recognition at a bigger club. How many international caps would Lallana and Ricky have if they weren't playing for the Saints?
jwp should be playing now i ranted about august that shaw should get a crack at left back.jwp should of been in the first team before cork came back from injury.also another rant still no sign of tad lee
[quote][p][bold]saintlysoul[/bold] wrote: The problem is that the likes of Shaw and JWP would probably move as they have a greater chance of earning more and having international recognition at a bigger club. How many international caps would Lallana and Ricky have if they weren't playing for the Saints?[/p][/quote]jwp should be playing now i ranted about august that shaw should get a crack at left back.jwp should of been in the first team before cork came back from injury.also another rant still no sign of tad lee up saints
  • Score: 0

1:49pm Mon 31 Dec 12

saintlysoul says...

Up Saints why do you think JWP isn't played?
Up Saints why do you think JWP isn't played? saintlysoul
  • Score: 0

1:49pm Mon 31 Dec 12

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...

saintlysoul wrote:
The problem is that the likes of Shaw and JWP would probably move as they have a greater chance of earning more and having international recognition at a bigger club. How many international caps would Lallana and Ricky have if they weren't playing for the Saints?
Hello negative wind up man. As you are fully aware Saints developed Lallana from scratch and due to that he has already been in a full England squad. Was Rickie not playing for lowly Bristol when Saints plucked him from Div1 obscurity at the age of 28 and now at 31 he graces the Premier League? I think both would say Saints made their careers not held them back. Now **** fool.
[quote][p][bold]saintlysoul[/bold] wrote: The problem is that the likes of Shaw and JWP would probably move as they have a greater chance of earning more and having international recognition at a bigger club. How many international caps would Lallana and Ricky have if they weren't playing for the Saints?[/p][/quote]Hello negative wind up man. As you are fully aware Saints developed Lallana from scratch and due to that he has already been in a full England squad. Was Rickie not playing for lowly Bristol when Saints plucked him from Div1 obscurity at the age of 28 and now at 31 he graces the Premier League? I think both would say Saints made their careers not held them back. Now **** fool. Seedhouse the Unrepentant
  • Score: 0

1:54pm Mon 31 Dec 12

up saints says...

saintlysoul wrote:
Up Saints why do you think JWP isn't played?
not a clue he was man of the match last time he played ask nigel for me unless you know
[quote][p][bold]saintlysoul[/bold] wrote: Up Saints why do you think JWP isn't played?[/p][/quote]not a clue he was man of the match last time he played ask nigel for me unless you know up saints
  • Score: 0

1:54pm Mon 31 Dec 12

saintlysoul says...

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
The problem is that the likes of Shaw and JWP would probably move as they have a greater chance of earning more and having international recognition at a bigger club. How many international caps would Lallana and Ricky have if they weren't playing for the Saints?
Hello negative wind up man. As you are fully aware Saints developed Lallana from scratch and due to that he has already been in a full England squad. Was Rickie not playing for lowly Bristol when Saints plucked him from Div1 obscurity at the age of 28 and now at 31 he graces the Premier League? I think both would say Saints made their careers not held them back. Now **** fool.
You missed the point. I'm actually saying that if those two had been at bigger clubs they would have developed international careers. Certain clubs are clearly not looked on favourably by the FA for the national team. That is an approach that pervades all age groups at national level.
[quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saintlysoul[/bold] wrote: The problem is that the likes of Shaw and JWP would probably move as they have a greater chance of earning more and having international recognition at a bigger club. How many international caps would Lallana and Ricky have if they weren't playing for the Saints?[/p][/quote]Hello negative wind up man. As you are fully aware Saints developed Lallana from scratch and due to that he has already been in a full England squad. Was Rickie not playing for lowly Bristol when Saints plucked him from Div1 obscurity at the age of 28 and now at 31 he graces the Premier League? I think both would say Saints made their careers not held them back. Now **** fool.[/p][/quote]You missed the point. I'm actually saying that if those two had been at bigger clubs they would have developed international careers. Certain clubs are clearly not looked on favourably by the FA for the national team. That is an approach that pervades all age groups at national level. saintlysoul
  • Score: 0

2:10pm Mon 31 Dec 12

saintlysoul says...

up saints wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
Up Saints why do you think JWP isn't played?
not a clue he was man of the match last time he played ask nigel for me unless you know
I don't know. You're right he played really well in the games he featured. NA was full of praise for him similar to what he's said about Shaw. It can only be that he has to play Cork, Spider and Davis in front of him. Why would the Chairman be paying the salaries he pays to those three and yet have one if them on the bench? This makes me believe that NA doesn't always pick the team!!!! If you think of the poor results the saints have had paying the three - Spider, Cork and Davis in football terms it doesn't make sense that JWP a good holding midfielder hadn't been played hence why I think the reason is one we will never know! Bearing in mind how well JWP did against Arsenal at the Emirates I wonder whether he will start tomorrow? Who knows? I for one hope so!!!!
[quote][p][bold]up saints[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saintlysoul[/bold] wrote: Up Saints why do you think JWP isn't played?[/p][/quote]not a clue he was man of the match last time he played ask nigel for me unless you know[/p][/quote]I don't know. You're right he played really well in the games he featured. NA was full of praise for him similar to what he's said about Shaw. It can only be that he has to play Cork, Spider and Davis in front of him. Why would the Chairman be paying the salaries he pays to those three and yet have one if them on the bench? This makes me believe that NA doesn't always pick the team!!!! If you think of the poor results the saints have had paying the three - Spider, Cork and Davis in football terms it doesn't make sense that JWP a good holding midfielder hadn't been played hence why I think the reason is one we will never know! Bearing in mind how well JWP did against Arsenal at the Emirates I wonder whether he will start tomorrow? Who knows? I for one hope so!!!! saintlysoul
  • Score: 0

2:31pm Mon 31 Dec 12

St Forlife says...

saintlysoul wrote:
up saints wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
Up Saints why do you think JWP isn't played?
not a clue he was man of the match last time he played ask nigel for me unless you know
I don't know. You're right he played really well in the games he featured. NA was full of praise for him similar to what he's said about Shaw. It can only be that he has to play Cork, Spider and Davis in front of him. Why would the Chairman be paying the salaries he pays to those three and yet have one if them on the bench? This makes me believe that NA doesn't always pick the team!!!! If you think of the poor results the saints have had paying the three - Spider, Cork and Davis in football terms it doesn't make sense that JWP a good holding midfielder hadn't been played hence why I think the reason is one we will never know! Bearing in mind how well JWP did against Arsenal at the Emirates I wonder whether he will start tomorrow? Who knows? I for one hope so!!!!
I am also unure - perhaps NA doesn't want too many youngsters in the team at once - trying for a blend. Also the defence is not just about the back 4 and he had brought Corky in to play a bit deeper to assist that and with Spider also a deepish player it leaves AL and GR as attacking midfielders - perhaps JWP is one too many attacking midfielders at the moment - I'd at least have him on the bench though and only play Guly when up against bigger sides physically
[quote][p][bold]saintlysoul[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]up saints[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saintlysoul[/bold] wrote: Up Saints why do you think JWP isn't played?[/p][/quote]not a clue he was man of the match last time he played ask nigel for me unless you know[/p][/quote]I don't know. You're right he played really well in the games he featured. NA was full of praise for him similar to what he's said about Shaw. It can only be that he has to play Cork, Spider and Davis in front of him. Why would the Chairman be paying the salaries he pays to those three and yet have one if them on the bench? This makes me believe that NA doesn't always pick the team!!!! If you think of the poor results the saints have had paying the three - Spider, Cork and Davis in football terms it doesn't make sense that JWP a good holding midfielder hadn't been played hence why I think the reason is one we will never know! Bearing in mind how well JWP did against Arsenal at the Emirates I wonder whether he will start tomorrow? Who knows? I for one hope so!!!![/p][/quote]I am also unure - perhaps NA doesn't want too many youngsters in the team at once - trying for a blend. Also the defence is not just about the back 4 and he had brought Corky in to play a bit deeper to assist that and with Spider also a deepish player it leaves AL and GR as attacking midfielders - perhaps JWP is one too many attacking midfielders at the moment - I'd at least have him on the bench though and only play Guly when up against bigger sides physically St Forlife
  • Score: 0

2:32pm Mon 31 Dec 12

RedArmy1 says...

Get sick of the rhetoric when we play Arsenal with Wenger dishing out soft soap and ex- Players looking forward to a return.

LET'S GET STUCK INTO ARSENAL.

Wenger like Fergis does not like it up him.

RED ARMY. WE FIGHT TO WIN.
COYR
Get sick of the rhetoric when we play Arsenal with Wenger dishing out soft soap and ex- Players looking forward to a return. LET'S GET STUCK INTO ARSENAL. Wenger like Fergis does not like it up him. RED ARMY. WE FIGHT TO WIN. COYR RedArmy1
  • Score: 0

2:39pm Mon 31 Dec 12

Saint. says...

Oh shut up DE!

Who the hell cares what past it wenger thinks?! Southampton FC dose not his approval, and we don't need you our local wrag billing it up and putting a cheeky link with Shaw in it! How much has he slipped you guys to print this?

Shaw is going no where and DE please try to be more pro Saints in 2013!

Come Saints beat the arse tomorrow and give wenger hell!
Oh shut up DE! Who the hell cares what past it wenger thinks?! Southampton FC dose not his approval, and we don't need you our local wrag billing it up and putting a cheeky link with Shaw in it! How much has he slipped you guys to print this? Shaw is going no where and DE please try to be more pro Saints in 2013! Come Saints beat the arse tomorrow and give wenger hell! Saint.
  • Score: 0

3:29pm Mon 31 Dec 12

rocketone says...

Posters quite often counter their own previous statements.
I remember quite a few of them asking why a youth player was forced into the lineup at the beginning of the season and we had to buy, buy , buy experience.
Same posters now saying do not sell our young jewels!
One way or the other lads, give them a game when possible. Nigel needs to blood these players carefully. I hope JWP is learning on the sidelines and when called for will perform.
Luke Shaw needs better fitness, proven many times already, does JWP also fall into this category ?
As a team we have had to up fitness levels right across the squad.
Fans need to recognise this, very fast exciting league is a marathon and experienced managers guard and protect their players with rotation.
As for experience, is that what current international players use when faced with might of Norwich and Everton both of whom are playing above expected levels and showing what team spirit can achieve.
Italian centreback on the way, who moves aside to let him in?
Posters quite often counter their own previous statements. I remember quite a few of them asking why a youth player was forced into the lineup at the beginning of the season and we had to buy, buy , buy experience. Same posters now saying do not sell our young jewels! One way or the other lads, give them a game when possible. Nigel needs to blood these players carefully. I hope JWP is learning on the sidelines and when called for will perform. Luke Shaw needs better fitness, proven many times already, does JWP also fall into this category ? As a team we have had to up fitness levels right across the squad. Fans need to recognise this, very fast exciting league is a marathon and experienced managers guard and protect their players with rotation. As for experience, is that what current international players use when faced with might of Norwich and Everton both of whom are playing above expected levels and showing what team spirit can achieve. Italian centreback on the way, who moves aside to let him in? rocketone
  • Score: 0

3:36pm Mon 31 Dec 12

arm chair fan says...

big difference now! a.o.c left a 1st division club to play prem. football. Shaw already has that and at the moment is first choice, if he went to arsenal he would be compeating with Gibbs. not in his best intrest i think. Talk of 5million is derisery for Shaw.
big difference now! a.o.c left a 1st division club to play prem. football. Shaw already has that and at the moment is first choice, if he went to arsenal he would be compeating with Gibbs. not in his best intrest i think. Talk of 5million is derisery for Shaw. arm chair fan
  • Score: 0

4:01pm Mon 31 Dec 12

SaintMax says...

The short of it is, is the academy has earn the club multiple millions.. Walcott, Bale, Oxlade and one day Llanana would have earns us £50million?
And Ricky cost us £1million but could now be sold for 5 if not 10 times that.
Why do people post negatitivity about this story? Cos they are WUMS that's why.
The short of it is, is the academy has earn the club multiple millions.. Walcott, Bale, Oxlade and one day Llanana would have earns us £50million? And Ricky cost us £1million but could now be sold for 5 if not 10 times that. Why do people post negatitivity about this story? Cos they are WUMS that's why. SaintMax
  • Score: 0

4:11pm Mon 31 Dec 12

rocketone says...

Never mind Arsenal coming here for a game and a bit of window shopping!
Whatever we do against them any point is a bonus.
The next game is of far greater importance, Villa.
If we get points against Arsenal and Villa lose their game against Swansea then we can expect the lads to be buoyant for another away day point.
The Chelsea game is an irrelevance, nice to win the cup but not priority yet. Not saying I wouldn't get all excited. Beat CFC and the lads think they can beat anyone!
Never mind Arsenal coming here for a game and a bit of window shopping! Whatever we do against them any point is a bonus. The next game is of far greater importance, Villa. If we get points against Arsenal and Villa lose their game against Swansea then we can expect the lads to be buoyant for another away day point. The Chelsea game is an irrelevance, nice to win the cup but not priority yet. Not saying I wouldn't get all excited. Beat CFC and the lads think they can beat anyone! rocketone
  • Score: 0

4:47pm Mon 31 Dec 12

saintlysoul says...

rocketone wrote:
Never mind Arsenal coming here for a game and a bit of window shopping!
Whatever we do against them any point is a bonus.
The next game is of far greater importance, Villa.
If we get points against Arsenal and Villa lose their game against Swansea then we can expect the lads to be buoyant for another away day point.
The Chelsea game is an irrelevance, nice to win the cup but not priority yet. Not saying I wouldn't get all excited. Beat CFC and the lads think they can beat anyone!
On the Chelsea game will NA put out a strong side or a side similar to that he fielded in the league cup against Leeds?
[quote][p][bold]rocketone[/bold] wrote: Never mind Arsenal coming here for a game and a bit of window shopping! Whatever we do against them any point is a bonus. The next game is of far greater importance, Villa. If we get points against Arsenal and Villa lose their game against Swansea then we can expect the lads to be buoyant for another away day point. The Chelsea game is an irrelevance, nice to win the cup but not priority yet. Not saying I wouldn't get all excited. Beat CFC and the lads think they can beat anyone![/p][/quote]On the Chelsea game will NA put out a strong side or a side similar to that he fielded in the league cup against Leeds? saintlysoul
  • Score: 0

5:44pm Mon 31 Dec 12

RedArmy1 says...

saintlysoul wrote:
rocketone wrote:
Never mind Arsenal coming here for a game and a bit of window shopping!
Whatever we do against them any point is a bonus.
The next game is of far greater importance, Villa.
If we get points against Arsenal and Villa lose their game against Swansea then we can expect the lads to be buoyant for another away day point.
The Chelsea game is an irrelevance, nice to win the cup but not priority yet. Not saying I wouldn't get all excited. Beat CFC and the lads think they can beat anyone!
On the Chelsea game will NA put out a strong side or a side similar to that he fielded in the league cup against Leeds?
What do you think ?

I went to 2 disappointing games last Season in the Cup Competitions where we go so far and then it was a case of out go the youngsters and we lost both.

There are arguments for putting out a strong team and having a go.

Firstly the Saints Team do not play well after a break. They are more suited to playing Tuesday and Saturday.

Secondly the pressure will be back on Nigel if Saints get hammered at home to Arsenal and go out of the Cup without a whimper.

I for one will not be impressed especially after I watched QPR get torn part by Liverpool and after a change around and a roasting by the manager the team kept a clean sheet second half.

It can be done - FACT. We can WIN against Arsenal.

Notice that the players have not come out with that statement. All that **** from wenger and the ex- Players is designed to intimidate with mind games.

wenger does not like it up him - so we know what to do.

I have got my VILLA AWAY Ticket as the Priority is the League - but it will not be good enough if we cannot FIGHT ON 2 FRONTS.

RED ARMY 2012.
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE x 2
[quote][p][bold]saintlysoul[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rocketone[/bold] wrote: Never mind Arsenal coming here for a game and a bit of window shopping! Whatever we do against them any point is a bonus. The next game is of far greater importance, Villa. If we get points against Arsenal and Villa lose their game against Swansea then we can expect the lads to be buoyant for another away day point. The Chelsea game is an irrelevance, nice to win the cup but not priority yet. Not saying I wouldn't get all excited. Beat CFC and the lads think they can beat anyone![/p][/quote]On the Chelsea game will NA put out a strong side or a side similar to that he fielded in the league cup against Leeds?[/p][/quote]What do you think ? I went to 2 disappointing games last Season in the Cup Competitions where we go so far and then it was a case of out go the youngsters and we lost both. There are arguments for putting out a strong team and having a go. Firstly the Saints Team do not play well after a break. They are more suited to playing Tuesday and Saturday. Secondly the pressure will be back on Nigel if Saints get hammered at home to Arsenal and go out of the Cup without a whimper. I for one will not be impressed especially after I watched QPR get torn part by Liverpool and after a change around and a roasting by the manager the team kept a clean sheet second half. It can be done - FACT. We can WIN against Arsenal. Notice that the players have not come out with that statement. All that **** from wenger and the ex- Players is designed to intimidate with mind games. wenger does not like it up him - so we know what to do. I have got my VILLA AWAY Ticket as the Priority is the League - but it will not be good enough if we cannot FIGHT ON 2 FRONTS. RED ARMY 2012. WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE x 2 RedArmy1
  • Score: 0

9:26pm Mon 31 Dec 12

franiow says...

Shaw got his chance because we are short of defenders. JWP chances are lmited beause of the position he plays. He will probably get a chance in the Chelsea game.

And no, Cortese does not pick the team. Adkins says NC handles all the negotiations for new players (which is common in the PL), but doubt he is involve at all with playing staff selection.
Shaw got his chance because we are short of defenders. JWP chances are lmited beause of the position he plays. He will probably get a chance in the Chelsea game. And no, Cortese does not pick the team. Adkins says NC handles all the negotiations for new players (which is common in the PL), but doubt he is involve at all with playing staff selection. franiow
  • Score: 0

9:39pm Mon 31 Dec 12

st1halo says...

saintlysoul wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
The problem is that the likes of Shaw and JWP would probably move as they have a greater chance of earning more and having international recognition at a bigger club. How many international caps would Lallana and Ricky have if they weren't playing for the Saints?
Hello negative wind up man. As you are fully aware Saints developed Lallana from scratch and due to that he has already been in a full England squad. Was Rickie not playing for lowly Bristol when Saints plucked him from Div1 obscurity at the age of 28 and now at 31 he graces the Premier League? I think both would say Saints made their careers not held them back. Now **** fool.
You missed the point. I'm actually saying that if those two had been at bigger clubs they would have developed international careers. Certain clubs are clearly not looked on favourably by the FA for the national team. That is an approach that pervades all age groups at national level.
Hence our national side hasn't won anything for 50 nearly years!


STID
[quote][p][bold]saintlysoul[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saintlysoul[/bold] wrote: The problem is that the likes of Shaw and JWP would probably move as they have a greater chance of earning more and having international recognition at a bigger club. How many international caps would Lallana and Ricky have if they weren't playing for the Saints?[/p][/quote]Hello negative wind up man. As you are fully aware Saints developed Lallana from scratch and due to that he has already been in a full England squad. Was Rickie not playing for lowly Bristol when Saints plucked him from Div1 obscurity at the age of 28 and now at 31 he graces the Premier League? I think both would say Saints made their careers not held them back. Now **** fool.[/p][/quote]You missed the point. I'm actually saying that if those two had been at bigger clubs they would have developed international careers. Certain clubs are clearly not looked on favourably by the FA for the national team. That is an approach that pervades all age groups at national level.[/p][/quote]Hence our national side hasn't won anything for 50 nearly years! STID st1halo
  • Score: 0

10:34pm Mon 31 Dec 12

saintlysoul says...

st1halo wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
The problem is that the likes of Shaw and JWP would probably move as they have a greater chance of earning more and having international recognition at a bigger club. How many international caps would Lallana and Ricky have if they weren't playing for the Saints?
Hello negative wind up man. As you are fully aware Saints developed Lallana from scratch and due to that he has already been in a full England squad. Was Rickie not playing for lowly Bristol when Saints plucked him from Div1 obscurity at the age of 28 and now at 31 he graces the Premier League? I think both would say Saints made their careers not held them back. Now **** fool.
You missed the point. I'm actually saying that if those two had been at bigger clubs they would have developed international careers. Certain clubs are clearly not looked on favourably by the FA for the national team. That is an approach that pervades all age groups at national level.
Hence our national side hasn't won anything for 50 nearly years!


STID
Absolutely!!!
[quote][p][bold]st1halo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saintlysoul[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saintlysoul[/bold] wrote: The problem is that the likes of Shaw and JWP would probably move as they have a greater chance of earning more and having international recognition at a bigger club. How many international caps would Lallana and Ricky have if they weren't playing for the Saints?[/p][/quote]Hello negative wind up man. As you are fully aware Saints developed Lallana from scratch and due to that he has already been in a full England squad. Was Rickie not playing for lowly Bristol when Saints plucked him from Div1 obscurity at the age of 28 and now at 31 he graces the Premier League? I think both would say Saints made their careers not held them back. Now **** fool.[/p][/quote]You missed the point. I'm actually saying that if those two had been at bigger clubs they would have developed international careers. Certain clubs are clearly not looked on favourably by the FA for the national team. That is an approach that pervades all age groups at national level.[/p][/quote]Hence our national side hasn't won anything for 50 nearly years! STID[/p][/quote]Absolutely!!! saintlysoul
  • Score: 0

10:35pm Mon 31 Dec 12

saintlysoul says...

franiow wrote:
Shaw got his chance because we are short of defenders. JWP chances are lmited beause of the position he plays. He will probably get a chance in the Chelsea game.

And no, Cortese does not pick the team. Adkins says NC handles all the negotiations for new players (which is common in the PL), but doubt he is involve at all with playing staff selection.
That actually makes sense about JWP!
[quote][p][bold]franiow[/bold] wrote: Shaw got his chance because we are short of defenders. JWP chances are lmited beause of the position he plays. He will probably get a chance in the Chelsea game. And no, Cortese does not pick the team. Adkins says NC handles all the negotiations for new players (which is common in the PL), but doubt he is involve at all with playing staff selection.[/p][/quote]That actually makes sense about JWP! saintlysoul
  • Score: 0

7:27am Tue 1 Jan 13

batesieboy says...

saintlysoul wrote:
The problem is that the likes of Shaw and JWP would probably move as they have a greater chance of earning more and having international recognition at a bigger club. How many international caps would Lallana and Ricky have if they weren't playing for the Saints?
None. Idiot. (You promised not to post any more, btw. So f.o.)
[quote][p][bold]saintlysoul[/bold] wrote: The problem is that the likes of Shaw and JWP would probably move as they have a greater chance of earning more and having international recognition at a bigger club. How many international caps would Lallana and Ricky have if they weren't playing for the Saints?[/p][/quote]None. Idiot. (You promised not to post any more, btw. So f.o.) batesieboy
  • Score: 0

9:29am Tue 1 Jan 13

Norwegian Saint says...

I thought part of the Walcott and Oxy transfers were 3 points to the home side?
I'm betting my house on a home win for Saints... well... dog-house!
I thought part of the Walcott and Oxy transfers were 3 points to the home side? I'm betting my house on a home win for Saints... well... dog-house! Norwegian Saint
  • Score: 0

12:39pm Tue 1 Jan 13

Ganja Jungle says...

We have a great academy because we are a great club
We have a great academy because we are a great club Ganja Jungle
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree