Saints midfielder received undisclosed payments from Rangers, states independent commission

STEVEN DAVIS

STEVEN DAVIS

First published in Saints News

The independent commission into undisclosed payments by Rangers has stated that Saints midfielder Steven Davis was among dozens of players who received side-letters outlining extra-contractual payments which were not disclosed to the Scottish Premier League.

Ex-Saints Egil Ostenstad, Olivier Bernard, Neil McCann and Gregory Vignal were also stated as being in receipt of side-letters during their time at Ibrox.

The other players mentioned in the report were: Tore Andre Flo, Shota Arveladze, Michael Ball, Stefan Klos, Russell Latapy, Christian Nerlinger, Arthur Numan, Alan Hutton, Andrei Kanchelskis, Barry Ferguson, Bert Konterman, Billy Dodds, Chris Burke, Claudio Caniggia, Craig Moore, Fernando Ricksen, Lorenzo Amoruso, Maurice Ross, Ronald de Boer, Steven Smith, Tero Penttila, Mikel Arteta, Jerome Bonnissel, Thomas Buffel, Jesper Christiansen, Nuno Capucho, Dan Eggen, Peter Lovenkrands, Michael Mols, Kevin Muscat, Christian Nerlinger, Dado Prso, Alex Rae, Gavin Rae, Paolo Vanoli, Bob Malcolm, Jean-Alain Boumsong, Marvin Andrews, Maurice Ross, Nacho Novo, Ronald Waterreus, Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Steven Thompson, Zurab Khizanishvili, Kris Boyd, Brahim Hemdani, Pedro Mendes, Sasa Papac, Julien Rodriguez, Carlos Cuellar, Federico Nieto, Ian Murray and Libor Sionko.

Comments (5)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:13pm Thu 28 Feb 13

Thornhill Saint says...

Wow, I mean Wowee!!

Actally, What does this mean for young Davis or even Saints???
Wow, I mean Wowee!! Actally, What does this mean for young Davis or even Saints??? Thornhill Saint
  • Score: 0

12:42am Fri 1 Mar 13

City Saint says...

Thornhill Saint wrote:
Wow, I mean Wowee!!

Actally, What does this mean for young Davis or even Saints???
I think this means the Davis opted out of collective negotiations with rangers as a creditor, took a personal settlement and moved on.

So... Probably not much import for us, except that he can close that chapter once an for all and focus better on his tackling and trapping in training.

And maybe a round of drinks on him for the lads, I suppose.
[quote][p][bold]Thornhill Saint[/bold] wrote: Wow, I mean Wowee!! Actally, What does this mean for young Davis or even Saints???[/p][/quote]I think this means the Davis opted out of collective negotiations with rangers as a creditor, took a personal settlement and moved on. So... Probably not much import for us, except that he can close that chapter once an for all and focus better on his tackling and trapping in training. And maybe a round of drinks on him for the lads, I suppose. City Saint
  • Score: 0

8:28am Fri 1 Mar 13

Saintsayer II says...

Well at least he will have something to talk about with 'arry to-morrow
Well at least he will have something to talk about with 'arry to-morrow Saintsayer II
  • Score: 0

5:11pm Fri 1 Mar 13

Thornhill Saint says...

City Saint wrote:
Thornhill Saint wrote:
Wow, I mean Wowee!!

Actally, What does this mean for young Davis or even Saints???
I think this means the Davis opted out of collective negotiations with rangers as a creditor, took a personal settlement and moved on.

So... Probably not much import for us, except that he can close that chapter once an for all and focus better on his tackling and trapping in training.

And maybe a round of drinks on him for the lads, I suppose.
Alright. A Davis fully focused on footy matters tommorow will be a bonus!
[quote][p][bold]City Saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thornhill Saint[/bold] wrote: Wow, I mean Wowee!! Actally, What does this mean for young Davis or even Saints???[/p][/quote]I think this means the Davis opted out of collective negotiations with rangers as a creditor, took a personal settlement and moved on. So... Probably not much import for us, except that he can close that chapter once an for all and focus better on his tackling and trapping in training. And maybe a round of drinks on him for the lads, I suppose.[/p][/quote]Alright. A Davis fully focused on footy matters tommorow will be a bonus! Thornhill Saint
  • Score: 0

5:13pm Fri 1 Mar 13

Thornhill Saint says...

Thornhill Saint wrote:
City Saint wrote:
Thornhill Saint wrote:
Wow, I mean Wowee!!

Actally, What does this mean for young Davis or even Saints???
I think this means the Davis opted out of collective negotiations with rangers as a creditor, took a personal settlement and moved on.

So... Probably not much import for us, except that he can close that chapter once an for all and focus better on his tackling and trapping in training.

And maybe a round of drinks on him for the lads, I suppose.
Alright. A Davis fully focused on footy matters tommorow will be a bonus!
Hold on a minute......... "side-letters outlining extra-contractual payments which were not disclosed to the Scottish Premier League. "

Sounds bad. Are you sure it's kosher with the old SPL and long arm of the HMRCE
[quote][p][bold]Thornhill Saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]City Saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thornhill Saint[/bold] wrote: Wow, I mean Wowee!! Actally, What does this mean for young Davis or even Saints???[/p][/quote]I think this means the Davis opted out of collective negotiations with rangers as a creditor, took a personal settlement and moved on. So... Probably not much import for us, except that he can close that chapter once an for all and focus better on his tackling and trapping in training. And maybe a round of drinks on him for the lads, I suppose.[/p][/quote]Alright. A Davis fully focused on footy matters tommorow will be a bonus![/p][/quote]Hold on a minute......... "side-letters outlining extra-contractual payments which were not disclosed to the Scottish Premier League. " Sounds bad. Are you sure it's kosher with the old SPL and long arm of the HMRCE Thornhill Saint
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree