A MANHUNT has been launched to find an attacker jailed after he banged his ex partners head against wall and dug his thumbs in her eyelids.

Police have issued an appeal to find Keiran Claffey who has gone on the run.

Officers have warned the public not to approach the 24-year-old

He is wanted on suspicion of two assaults and is also wanted on recall to prison to complete a sentence for assault after breaching the conditions of his licence.

Daily Echo:

A statement issued by Hampshire Police said: "We have followed various lines of enquiry to locate Claffey but are now turning to the public for assistance.

"He is described as a white male, around five foot five inches tall, of slim build and with brown hair and a beard.

"He is believed to be in the Southampton area."

Police have also warned that anyone helping Claffey avoid arrest could be prosecuted.

The statement added: "Anyone found to be harbouring him to deliberately obstruct our attempts to locate him may be committing an offence and be liable for arrest themselves."

If you see Claffey, or know where he is, please call police immediately on 101, quoting 44190103390.

Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Earlier this year Claffey was jailed for an “unforgivable” attack just two days after being released from prison has been sent back to jail.

Daily Echo:

In January Southampton Magistrates’ Court heard how he was released from HMP Guys Marsh on September 3 and put in ex-offender’s accommodation.

Two days later he left the halfway house and went to a flat in Northam.

When a woman – who Claffey had previously been in a relationship with – opened the door, Claffey put his hands around her neck, forced her face down on the bed and accusing her of sleeping with other men.

Prosecuting, Graham Heath told the court how Claffey dug his thumbs into the woman’s eyelid and hit her head against the wall when she tried to escape.

District Judge Anthony Callaway said the assault was “unforgivable” and sentenced Claffey to a five month consecutive sentence.

In February 2017 Claffey had been sentenced to two years in prison for possession of a CS spray.

In 2013 he was also sentenced to 21 months in jail when he appeared before Southampton Crown Court and admitted stabbing another man in the leg.